PBP: EPL - Manchester United FC vs Newcastle United FC - Oct 6, 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Oct 4, 2018.

1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Martial's response to the winner (which came from just behind him) is priceless. He's like "WTF?!?"

jnielsen repped this.
  2. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    He said Rashford was sad and McT was scared. If it rains in london im blamed even brexit is my fault.

3. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    He thought Sanzhez stole it

4. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This was a worst case scenario. We looked like shit but made a comeback and got the W. This could actually give Jose a lifeline.

5. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some fans seem to forget we've done this twice before under Jose. 2 goals down against C palace and Man City...and Jose threw any tactics out of the window..threw attackers on and we scored 3....

..after those games he reverted to stale, defensive tripe for the next 10 games and we were awful. Get him out the club before we lose the fantastic talent we have.

He made mctominay a CB (who was awful). He put Matic and Pogba back in defence..it's fckin madness that he should get any credit from that game against the second worst team in the league, who should have been fairly 3 up in the first half.

The fans who are suddenly behind Mourinho again are literally poor excuses for human beings.... a fckin computer program that only has a thumbs up or down option depending on final score...without judging anything else.

thenamestsam and Anonymous_United repped this.
  6. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just watch Matic on their first goal - sure Bailly goes awol and Young allows the guy to come inside and shoot but Matic doesn't pick up his guy for the throw-in and leaves him free to run at our defence and pass to the guy who scored. No cover whatsoever.

Naboomagnoli repped this.
  7. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Surely Bailly looks to play the offside trap for the first goal but nobody else does. I'll have to watch it again but that was how it seemed to me at the time, maybe I was giving Bailly too much credit but he's a very aggressive, high-line kind of CB.

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He's the worst player to wear the shirt. Since maybe Bebe.

Matic didn't mark and then when the ball came to his man, as he always does when out of position, he presses too late to impact the ball, leaving space behind him.

9. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like seeing what we all know some of these players can do in a full on attack....but they've really fck'd themselves and the fans today. Prolonging torture is inhumane.

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Red Jeph

Red Jeph Member+

Aug 26, 2006
    Chicago
    If Woody had the balls this would be the perfect time to fire him. The fans are back on the players side and it could be a fresh start. He doesn’t, though.

12. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Sell Pogba, sell Martial, Sell Mata and extend Mourihno's contract

Gilma1990 and Deadtigers repped this.
  13. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i really dont know what our beat cb pairing isnat the moment. im scared every time bailly or lindelof are left 1v1. this is laughable but we may have to go back to jones and smalling. i just puked in my my mouth a little.

14. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    woody should concentrate on appointing a dof and getting back to his ledgers. leave the football decisions to football people, and ******** off upstairs.

jnielsen repped this.
  15. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are a simpleton now is the right time to fire him. If you don’t have the ability to see towards the future, now is the right time to fire him. If you have an IQ below 50 now is the right time to fire him. Nothing will change until we get a director of football in place. Firing Jose now will fix nothing in the long term. Jose is not blameless, the players are not blameless and woody is not blameless. There is more than one thing wrong with United right now. Firing Jose only papers over the massive cracks that lie in the club.

16. Red Jeph

Red Jeph Member+

Aug 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Did I say it’s the only change they should make or that it would solve all the problems? You think keeping him is the right decision? What has he shown you that makes you think that? The players won today in spite of him. He’s toxic and he’s shown it time and again. Firing him today is better than next week is better than next month is better than the end of the season.

17. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's obvious what needs to happen. We need ball players and speed from the back, Lindeloff is our best ball player and Bailly is our fastest CB...that's why he fckin brought them surely. You say to them we are a full on attacking team, you are playing a high line...but don't worry about the mistakes early on, because our full on assault will win us the match...every match they face counters together, every match they play together when the attack wins us games..they lose fear and build confidence as a pair. It's something that should have happened a year ago.

The same is happening with Pogba and Fred, Mourinho does not let new players build understanding...and he wonders why players lose confidence, and the board refuse to buy him more new players.

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way we should bring Jones back... Like it or not. Smalling should be among the 2. Far from perfect and until we bring in the top notch or veteran CB we need, he starts.
    Not sure what's going on with Bailly, but he's way too inconsistent for my liking at this time. And until he shakes that off, I'd sooner go with Lindelof.
    But I'll you what and this is not going to be a popular opinion, but I really couldn't care less: our CB situation right now is one of the reasons I thought it was stupid to let Blind go then and still believe so today.
    Sure many have forgotten by now, but he was excellent with Smalling under van Gaal and even as an available squad guy who would just fill in when required, he would have been excellent for us.
    And Mourinho constantly complains about not having CBs who can play out of the back? He would have helped tremendously in that department. He was not the most athletic, but we miss his smarts and his ability to get it done (especially when he was least expected to).

19. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    This is the worst timeline.

20. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    im with you on fred but bailly and lindelof have had tons of opportunities tho. bailly at least showed potential but im still not sure what lindelof is good at. i keep hearing about his hill skills but i havent seen anything remotely intriguing on the ball.

i dont think united has a single good cb at the moment. bailly is ththe one with the most potential but theyre apl very flawed.

21. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The players are not behind him, and he brings negativety to the club. It's obvious that the easiest solution after 2 years is to go with a different manager. To stick with him is moronic.

Yes, there are problems with the board and that they need to bring more footballing people in for a long term vision, but Jose will never bring either good football or consistent success to this club after everything that has happened in the last 2 years.

22. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Jose broke Bailly.

Naboomagnoli repped this.
  23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lukaku on MUTV saying that how we played in the 2nd half is how we should always be playing football. That's how the players want to play and whatthe fans want to see. He also added something along the lines of he does not know why they can't do it more often, but they won today. Basically implying that this way of playing will yield wins, more often than not (and as mentioned, that the quality is there in the squad).

24. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't worry, we are being linked with a move for Cahill.

Now I just puked in my mouth a little.

25. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless we hire someone on an interim basis bringing in a new manager before we appoint a DOF will create the same problems in a year or two that we have now. Woody also doesn’t deserve to be given. Chance to hire his 3rd manager. We need to get the next manger right and that means being proactive not reactive. We need to have an actual plan in place. Firing Jose would show that we don’t.