PBP: EPL - Manchester United FC vs Crystal Palace FC - Aug 24, 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just so I am clear. It is all Ole's fault.

incighte repped this.
  2. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The silence from G. Neville, Scholes and all the other chirpy former players will be deafening as the Ole nut-swinging continues.

3. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Pogba is the most inconsistent player we have. He played ten minutes out of ninety today.

He might be our most talented player, but he's played a little over two halves of football out of six total halves played.
    Mate, you're an armchair commentating joke who has one contribution around here - making snide remarks.

You have no original analysis or thought. It's all reactionary bull shit.

You even chastised my post yesterday where I predicted this scenario, where I put blame on management for allowing this situation.

And now you're gonna stand there and thumb your nose like you're somehow right? ******** right off.

4. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    100%. I said as much after last game.

I was pointing out that a certain poster blamed Pogba for the penalty situation last game when we all said it was Oles fault. But now that his bff Rash missed, he says it's Oles fault. I was just pointing out the inconsistency.

Amdrag repped this.
  5. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Where did you say it was Oles fault?

6. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You get any great player in world football...and surround him with shite...and watch his performances dip. You need to play off others.

benni... repped this.
  7. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Hell, where did anyone assign blame?

There was like one other poster even up in arms over the situation - most everyone else was telling me I was being irrational and it was okay to have two designated takers.

8. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    If that is too much mental pressure for him, go play for Sheffield Wednesday. He never has any thoughts about taking and ********ing up free kicks.

9. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    I've had it with this excuse.

It's no ones fault but Pogba's for continually getting caught in possession. No other player on our team has it happen as much as he does.

We will be up and down until we get rid of him.

10. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    It's a penalty at home against Palace with 20 odd minutes still to play. Arguing that Rashford missed due to pressure is imbecilic. He missed by inches. Rashford has taken pens under ten times as much pressure and has done fine.

Assigning imaginary narratives to suit your own agenda is fun and in keeping with the lowbrow journalism most people tend to read, but players have never needed reasons and backstories for missed penalties before.

It's ********ing hilarious that if Rashford scored today, he'd have done so in spite of overwhelming pressure and is a hero and ******** Pogba and Ole, whereas if he misses, it's because of overwhelming pressure and ******** Pogba and Ole for ruining our hero's penalty stats.

The Jesse Lingard situation is a real problem. The Martial injury is potentially a real problem depending on what news comes back on that. The lack of a first choice creative 10 is a real problem. Making the penalty situation a massive drama that can be traced back to last week, is EastEnders for the particularly simple, and is making everyone dumber just reading it. It assigns some sort of importance to the sorts of people who thought it was particularly outrageous and enraging last week, which instantly discredits the idea.

11. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If I was playing with Lingard, I'd probably stop trying at some point as well.

More seriously, what do you expect Pogba to do with this squad? Especially when we have moved him farther from the goal. I watch him read plays and hit balls that are inch perfect. And they result in absolutely nothing. His teammates range from not good enough, to so inconsistent that it is a toss up whether they boot the ball out of play every time they touch it.

We are playing super narrow again, because we have no width, which just makes Pogba's job harder in general.

Gisselbrecht and Anonymous_United repped this.
  12. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wolverhampton game thread...

"Bad coaching by Ole. I get that he likes to be the nice guy, but have some balls and designate a penalty taker and stand by your decision."

Deadtigers repped this.
  13. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He didn't miss it because of pressure, though he looked awful after missing it. It is now that every penalty we take is a referendum on who is going to take it, and only because Ole made a very stupid decision.

Pogba did nothing wrong. It's great he wants to take penalties. But he shouldn't be with Rashford or Martial on the pitch. It's Ole's fault.

14. Drae

Drae Member+

Jun 26, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bad luck with a PK and terrible reffing aside, its hard to say we were robbed. Desipte a nice finish, James did nothing to convince me he shouldnt be a squaddie. And Jesse should be nothing but a squaddie at this point.

If Martial is off for any decent period of time, we are well on our way I'd think.

A particularly galling fact occured to me this week, I am pretty sure Ole took the job for $2.93 and a packet of crisps. Compared to the huge sum of money it would have taken to get Poch or anyone else who might actually be qualified for the job.

You add the money that we have not spent on a manager to the money we did not spend on the window, and Ed and the Glazers really are taking the piss at the minute.

Deadtigers and thenamestsam repped this.
  15. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Lol. Pogba is so much better than everyone else on our team.

His psychic aura created the penalty (and penalty shouts). And it was clearly McT and Jesse's fault that he got caught dribbling in the midfield and directly caused the turnover that let Palace score. They were obviously not providing good enough outlets.

Ffs, people will excuse anything.

Edit: I forgot to praise Pogba for his incredible interplay in our only goal. Top notch.

16. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How's this place been anyway? (I must admit I only opened it up to try and find a stream, and was just curious who was still here since I last posted).

17. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #242 Amdrag, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    So Pogba must be responsible for every single goal scoring chance, or he is crap?

Also for someone who whines about how other posters speak about them, you sure post in a very condescending, assholey way. It almost makes sense why Mizz has an issue with you...

United 16 and MizzouMUFC repped this.
  18. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    So Pogba taking the pen last week is Ole's fault. And Rashford missing this week isn't Ole's fault, right? That's what you're saying. Either he missed due to increased pressure, or he just missed. And you're saying the fact that there was a question as to who would take it is Ole's fault, but it didn't affect Rashford's ability to score.

19. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Serious question. Do you think it is a good idea to have your penalty taker thinking they need to make every last one, or they are going to get pulled? Going to be questioned? Ronaldo missed some. Rooney missed more then some. Was it ever really a major issue? No. Because they were the penalty takers and sometimes you miss. Even Ruud missed.

The entire situation is Ole's fault. If Ole had made a decision, even if it was the wrong one, even if Pogba or Rashford missed all 3 penalty attempts this season, at least then you know he made a decision in the first place. Instead, he didn't, then waffled in front of the media, and has now placed the penalty taker situation into a spotlight it does not need to be. We already have enough problems. We didn't need anymore.

Gisselbrecht repped this.
  20. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Sorry, but Greenwood has got to be better. For all of Lingard's problems, he's at least consistently finding open spaces and making good runs. Greenwood was nowhere to be found after coming on.

We also need to figure out set pieces. Come up with a plan, maybe a trick play or something. Take the corners short. Do something - it's not that we couldn't score, there was barely any danger from free kicks or corners.

The whole penalty discussion is ridiculous- Rashford was always going to take it and I fully expect him to take the next one. Pressure? It's a 3rd week in PL in front of a home crowd with 25 minutes to go. On a pressure scale this is about as low as it ever gets in a competitive game.

Deadtigers and benni... repped this.
  21. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lingard isn't really finding space though. He's making a lot of runs but isn't really finding space. And there is space to be had. Jesse has shown that his movement when playing on the right can really help open space for others but he's struggled to do the same at the 10. And if Jesse isn't transitioning with the ball and making runs to open space for others than he's pretty useless. He just isn't near talented enough on the ball to be a 10.

I agree regarding Greenwood. Ole is putting him in some tough spots playing as a sub late in tight games but he still hasn't done enough. At some point you have to wonder are these 20 minute cameos better for his development than playing a full season with the u21s? Hopefully he gets some starts when we need to rotate and maybe he'll perform better from the start when he gets some time to get acclimated to the speed of the game.

Amdrag repped this.
  22. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Greenwood is 17, probably shouldn't even be on the pitch, and was basically asked to come on to try and save us. That he is the alternative to Lingard, shows the issue we have in general.

Did today's result feel like it didn't matter all that much? 3 matches in, we have dropped more points then we have taken, while most don't expect Ole to last past Christmas. A big issue post-SAF is the way these result snowball, especially as our margin for error is tiny. De Gea can't make a mistake, or we drop points, because we still seem incapable of scoring more then a goal in a match consistently.

jnielsen repped this.
  23. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    And in this match thread you back tracked and supported the notion that we could have multiple penalty takers.

So which is it?

Is it okay that we had multiple penalty takers? Or is it bad managing by Ole?
    No my point is, people scapegoat the rest of the squad - claim they are inconsistent or not good enough - and give the 'most talented' player a pass by saying it's not his fault his teammates suck.

Pogba played very well last week, and that's the standard he should play at every week. But outside of that game he's had 55 minutes of good football from the 180 minutes on offer. That's not good enough - and it's why my criticism has been so focused on him.

We will not be a consistently good side until he either steps up - consistently - or we get rid of him.

The second McT went off I muttered sweet ******** offs to Ole. It was an atrocious substitution and shows complete ignorance of his players. Pogba is limited as a CM and unreliable.

I can forgive attackers for ********ing up. Particularly young attackers like Martial, Rashford, and James.

But this getting caught on the ball/dribbling in midfield shit should have been out of Pogba's game a long time ago. But he's only getting worse. He's actually on pace to be dispossessed more this year than last year - and he led the league last year. Once again, he's been dispossessed dribbling as much as anyone on the team (except Martial... Who is a ST). So all these other shit dross players can find someone to pass the ball to, but Pogba can't? That idea hinges on the notion that Pogba is a beacon of off the ball movement and showing...is anyone really gonna try to claim that?

24. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Show me where I said that.

I made fun of you for saying it was a poor decision for Pogba to step up and take a penalty when he's one of the teams designated penalty takers. I didn't say I supported multiple takers. But go ahead and show me where I supported multiple takers.

25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States