PBP: EPL - Manchester United FC vs Burnley FC - Jan 22, 2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The pain.

jnielsen repped this.
  2. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    I wanna dress up as Joker and go out for a walk ...

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Shaka Hislop especially is spot on.

6. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #131 Ashur, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    This was a bad loss but no sure what else to expect, if we're being honest. The squad is stretched to the max, with most of the players all but gassed out from playing twice a week minimum since December.
    Add on top of that the fact that we're missing now 3 of our top outfield players and we're really in big trouble. It's one thing when we were just missing Pogs but McTominay and now Rashford on top it, is just too much to deal with. Some of Ole's choices were still puzzling (Greenwood should have started for instance and the subs were odd, still can't defend set pieces) but he's not helped, not even a little bit.
    I really shudder at the thought of us not bringing anyone in this window. Even with the players returning, we still have big holes creatively and goalscoring wise. Things are just looking very bleak right now and Woodward has some serious balls if he thinks Ole can dig us out of this hole with the squad as is.
    And bottom line, I hope that the match going fans, in games both home and away continue to voice their discontent and even take things to the next level, if nothing is to happen by Feb 1st. The Glazers and Woodward have thick skin, but if this goes on and we see a mass walkout at OT, I can't imagine they'd just ignore that.
    Red Devil till I did obviously, that will never change but this is very hard to take. Even the Bulls (my other favorite team in sports) falling to hard times in recent yrs hasn't hurt me this bad (more than likely because I still had United going strong back then...). Scariest part is that this really could be just the beginning.
    Please Lord, just a little help: that's all we're asking for here...

7. Billyboy229

Billyboy229 Member

Bolton
    Wales
    Dec 29, 2019
    Amdrag and benni... repped this.
  8. Sian

Sian Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Newcastle post-keegan

9. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So, I have both this match and the Liverpool match on tape, haven't seen them. I don't think I will watch either one, so sad.

Sofabloke repped this.
  10. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Likewise.

Not watching either. Don't need that kind of negativity in my life

Amdrag and jnielsen repped this.
  11. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I guess its pointless talking about positives, but I loved what i saw from Wan Bissaka yesterday. He was a proper attacking threat.

More of that please.

Amdrag repped this.
  12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's actually what is needed from him (and others) going forward, in terms of being an outlet in attack and providing some type of service to our forwards. So if that can become more of the norm, that would be a very nice plus for us.
    As implied elsewhere, with Rashford out now, we need players to step up across the board more than ever. From that perspective, Wan-Bissaka's offensive contribution was very encouraging.

13. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How did Williams play?

14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was not necessarily his best match, but he was busy and still decent enough as he tends to be. Worked his butt off and it was frustrating that the team didn't look to him more, particularly when he was making his overlapping runs early.
    Made no sense for Ole to replace him with Shaw: a real bizarre sub as far as I'm concerned.

15. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think the sub was actually more about Ole thinking of the player than the game (something he has rightly been criticized for).

If Williams is now the default choice for left-back then his playing time will need to be protected. You can't go from playing reserves football to regular 90minute EPL games as a youngster. Especially at full-back given the distances and sprints needed for that position.