PBP: EPL - Manchester United FC vs Burnley FC - Jan 22, 2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Has been going on a year or two now - used to be you could never get tickets then started to get mails saying tickets were available which used to be unheard of.

2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT: 0-2. A job well done....

1220096396478631936 is not a valid tweet id

3. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The squad isn't good enough. But no one with a straight face can say Ole is making players better or getting the best out of this squad.

jnielsen and doubletrouble repped this.
  4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anonymous_United repped this.
  5. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Time to save Sofa some time.

Not Ole's fault. Everyone is hurt, and he can't be held responsible for any issue. Oh well. :):):):):):):):):):)

6. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make United Great Again

7. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Still trying to pin it on one man as you can't handle the concept of there being multiple things wrong at our club :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

8. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's amazing. Some of us can blame everyone at the same time. It is you who refused to blame Ole for anything. It's always "partial" blame, where you then complain about everything else anyways, moving any blame away from him. While Ole is responsible for tactics, motivating the players, and getting the best of out each individual and the squad. He is not doing that, and that is his fault. He is a poor manager, who wouldn't be managing United in any situation that wasn't involving those awful owners.

But hey, smiley emojis. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

doubletrouble repped this.
  9. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #109 Amdrag, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Worst league start for 30 years, and Ole had to put in there, "We are still 5th in the table." ******** off.

I am watching the post match stuff on NBCSN. Mustoe is right. Ole just gives the weakest excuses about how everyone tired their best and some of these guys haven't played enough matches. How in the hell does that help anything? How is he going to fix that? He doesn't say or do anything meaningful. He's not good at his job, at all.

doubletrouble and benni... repped this.
  10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #110 Ashur, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020

11. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Since he was made permanent manager, Ole has lost more matches then he has won. 12 losses, 11 wins.

12. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pretty much sums up Ole now. And yes, I know these are parodies.

1220106304573902853 is not a valid tweet id

1220105782945107968 is not a valid tweet id

Anonymous_United repped this.
  13. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am not going to disagree with you. But I dont think any manager could get more mileage. with shit players, a depleted squad lack of reinforcements i am wondering what someone else could do.

agreed that some match decisions and in game decisions are puzzling. but still things are that bad that you would be hard pressed to find someone who can lift us out of this quagmire under the present circumstances.

this i was thinking about the other day. the start he had as an interim was an absolute anomaly. i still can't understand it. the drop off right after was equally puzzling. how the hell did we get those run of results when he was interim???

we can point to a series of things that went wrong that get us where we are now but i truly dont know what the best course of action is right now going forward.

i suspect the answer to this question will depend on the direction the owners are looking to take. if the owners are genuinely interested in rebuilding, the actions in the next few weeks till the end of the season will demonstrate that. if they are stringing us along that will be evident too.

think we are truly at a cross roads now.

Amdrag repped this.
  14. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do I think someone would make us worlds better? No. But I think we'd see progress, at least with the individuals, and we'd have some sort of style of play that wasn't this wholly ineffective.

I do not want to spend money with Ole. It will be wasted, and then he will get replaced, and someone else will buy players to fit their style. And it will just keep going on, and on, and on.

I'd get a decent football director, and I'd appoint Poch as manager. Or at least pre-contract with both, so they can start working on summer plans.

15. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    These are hilarious

jnielsen and Amdrag repped this.
  16. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They gave me a good break from screaming into the ether.

17. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If you are looking to rebuild this club to elite status yes. But you are working from a broken squad that needs to clear out deadwood and needs a decent base that a new manager can come in and build on. Quite possibly OGS is there to do that.

there are roughly 3 directions to take - (1) look to rebuild (see above), (2) settle for average / good enough (kinda like Arsenal 4 place trophy) so that you can keep enough value to suck money out or (3) leach it now and sell.

Either way OGS might be needed for any of the 3.. with option 1 you wouldnt want Poch coming in dealing with some of the messes we have so ole is paving the way. the problem with me accepting that this is the case is that we are not making any decent signings - doesnt have to be elite ones just solid ones. signings have been few with no clear direction (DOF type scenario) which tells me the club isnt interested in rebuilding.

While option 2 seems more likely, truth be told we are a rudderless shit

18. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Klopp handled the deadwood situation as well. He didn't need another manager to do it. He did it himself. Is there a reason Poch couldn't do that?

19. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are you not reading my posts??

we are a rudderless shit

:D

Liverpool had a plan. We on the other hand, not so much. I noticed their rebuild starting with Brendan. We are no where close. We are possibly a manager and a few transfer windows away from having something decent that can then be compared to where Klopp started.

20. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's fine. But if the answer is just we are shit and we are going to continue to be shit, why are any of here?

Still, wouldn't you want Poch in charge of those transfer windows?

21. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    you know, it is really tough to say because i am answering with the preconceived notion that the club is shite and adequate support would not be afforded to him so he will end up on the recycled manager heap.

it is a circular problem - more needs to change (Ed DOF club management) before a new manager comes in but a new manager appears to be needed to chart a resurrection.

to answer, no, at this point it would be a good manager on a bad foundation. dont think Poch (or any proper manager) should be brought in at this point. more changes are needed

24. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Seriously guys i mean what is there to talk about now?

Anonymous_United, Amdrag and J'can repped this.
  25. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC