EPL - Arsenal v Wolves

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by crazy150, Nov 9, 2018.

1. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are not alone there. But Kos at his pre-injury levels, is still >> Mustafi. But the big IF's here are:

(A) will Kos be able to come back to where he was?
    (B) will Mustafi continue to suck or has he turned some corner?
    (C) will Sokratis re-earn a starting spot, making A & B less critical?

And of course there is always the potential for future injuries that stress our defensive depth.

2. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    #77 casoccerdad47, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    I don't think Ramsey moves in January. He's looking for a big contract and a big contract is much easier to get if the new team doesn't have to pay a transfer fee. If a team can get a player that would normally cost £25m for free, over the course of a four year contract that is more than £100k per week they can devote to the player's salary. So Ramsey can demand a bigger contract if he's available on a free transfer and he has all the leverage, he doesn't need to agree to a January transfer. I seriously doubt Arsenal will get anything in return for him.

Not quite sure why you want to get him away from the team, he is key depth for the Europa League, League Cup, and FA Cup games, and he can still have an impact on games. As I noted above, but for his shot, creating the corner kick, and his pass to Mhiki after a quickly taken short corner kick, Arsenal probably lose to Wolves.

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see pictures of Kos back in full training today.

Time for the Bournemouth thread?