Enner Valencia

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    The ghost of Chucho has clearly entered Enner Valencia and turned him from a decent winger at Emelec to a star striker for Ecuador and in the Mexican league. He scores a lot of goals and misses incredible ones. He just needs to get the weird haircuts.

2. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he did have a weird hair cut just a few weeks ago and got rid of it lol. Since the first game Ener started vs. Colombia you could tell there was something to him that could allow him to eventually make the transition into becoming a striker. I remember when I thought Rueda was insane for starting Ener over Yoya or Guerron in the game vs. Colombia, but now I give him all the props for being the guy who catapulted Ener into becoming what he is now. Ener used to be a good winger, not a great one. He had his moments in every season since 2010 where he would shine, but he was never able to maintain it and show consistency until Rueda put him in the forefront on the NT and made Ener convince himself that he was better than good. Right now Rueda is doing the same with Gaibor (maybe not so noteably, but he's doing it) who was also inconsistent until half way through last season and is now finally convincing himself that he has the talent to be a NT player. I hope Marcos Caicedo eventually gets that chance too b/c I know that kid has a lot of potential....he justs needs to convince himself.

This is Ener's first season in his life as a striker and his numbers are surprising. 7 goals in 10 games. Those are Chucho Benitez type numbers. The season isn't over and Ener still has the opportunity to continue scoring. He misses a lot, but his excuse is he's not a natural striker...he's becoming one by force, if anything. his performances are something that should be applauded. And like I said in an earlier post, we still haven't seen the best of this kid. He's only going to get better. Let's hope he continues playing at this level so he'll be ready for the WC.

4. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  5. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Michael Arroyo is one right behind him. I have a feeling Pachuca can do some decent work in the liguilla. If Ener keeps it up he can finish off around 12 in the season I think.

7. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I'm starting to believe the spirit of CHUCHO has entered Enner's body, for real smh... he keeps scoring! Good to see one of our strikers step up!

Manolo repped this.
  8. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  9. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He's On Fire! :thumbsup:

10. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  11. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #11 AMLO2018, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

12. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  13. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ener is in his moment right now. Before the Qualifier game in Colombia I remember thinking "what the hell is this kid doing starting as a false 9, why not start Jaime Ayovi or Guerron" but after I saw him he convinced me. Rueda saw something in this kid that no one saw. Never thought that less than a year later he'd be the top goal scorer of the mexican league. After that game I was convinced he had something good going for him even when people said he shouldn't start.

Called it back in December- he's is going to be the firm starter for the NT up front meanwhile the ecuadorian media was looking for Felipe's partner. Good job Ener, you didn't let me down! There's always room for more goals. Let's keep them coming!

Speaking of Felipe, does anyone know how he's doing? I haven't heard of him scoring lately...even though he's in a noncompetitive league.

15. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    hes actually not even getting consistent playing time im pretty sure it disciplinary problems in the last 3 games he wasn't even called up for 2 and in the other played 45 min so hes absolutely gone id say it worries me what might happen to him later if he is not even playing their i was hoping he would at lest become the top goal scorer in the team, keep his form and get good playing time but hes not even doing that

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I highly doubt it's disciplinary problems. Felipe Caicedo has never had any bad history involving lack of discipline in any way. It's either that injury he has in his knee/back that's still affecting him or just bad form. Either way he's losing more and more of his chances to get a starting spot on the NT. He's farther from being a starter on the NT than when he was in Lokomotiv if you ask me. He's lucky there's no stand out striker besides Ener right now or else he'd be risking his spot on the NT for sure. I'm pretty sure that injury he has is serious. I think I heard he has to get surgery but he's avoided it because he didn't want to be out for too long and miss the key Qualifier games and the WC. That's why he's been inconsistent for an entire year. That's affected him. I don't know if you guys remember, but he did extend his stay in Ecuador at one point last year to treat his injury....which started back then. That same injury hasn't allowed him to be at his best form.

17. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    From what I heard got carded and suspended for 3 games. Remember this is the middle east, he's lucky they didn't sentence him to get a foot cut off. ;)

18. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think it was maybe two years ago and Fleitas was coaching that I said Enner deserved an opportunity to showcase his talent with the NT. But ppl thought I was crazy then lol I remember him tearing it up in Libertadores playing against Lanus and Flamengo. The dude was playing at a sick level. But then his level of play gradually declined as the season wore on. He was playing a boat load of games so maybe fatigue had something to do with it. He even got benched towards the end of the Primera Etapa. There was even talk of sending him to train with the Reserves. He's come a long way since then and I gotta say its been fun to watch. The thing is that he still has so much raw talent that he has yet to tap into.

I've only seen him a handful of times but you know who can be the next Enner if given the chance? Javier Charcopa. Watch the kid play...the resemblance to Enner is there.

19. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  20. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Chiriboga jinxed him with his comments. Hasn't scored since :(

22. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    it messed up his confidence after that comment the next game he played didn't score and got subbed out. this game was the final and he missed a penalty early in the game that could have gave them the lead they ended up with a tie i know he feel some type of way about that that look on his face when he missed said it all on top of that ayovi let him take the kick and got subbed out later cause he wasn't felling well. part of his growth and performance was thanks to him im glad ayovi is helping him out it was just to big a moment for him to step up to. he'll shake it of eventually this type of competition and exposure is still new to him

23. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    The ghost of Chucho is back!!

b9d23m89 repped this.
  24. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  25. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Its good that he reacquainted himself with the net today. I was starting to think his form was on the decline