English pundits lack of knowledge about other leagues

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by timotheus, Nov 24, 2007.

1. timotheus

timotheus New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Chicago
    The English pundits at least have a slight idea about the Premiership, but ask them a question about la Liga, Italy or god forbid Portugal, Germany or France and their eyes will glaze over, their lips start to quiver, drool come out between their big hole in the front tooth formation, and they will inevitable say something idiotic.

2. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not unlike the post you just made...Ironic..

3. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What's your point?

Revelian

4. BlackburnRover

BlackburnRover New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    M6
    I've often wished our commentators would drop a bit of a continental flavour into our games. No matter how irrelevant ...

A little reference to Hertha Berlin's recent form would have spiced up Havant and Waterlooville's FA cup exploits no end!

5. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not doubting you or anything (after all, most aren't able to offer a knowledgeable thought about anything other than the premiership in England either - witness the recent examples on MotD where pundits think the only thing worthy of discussing about the early rounds of the FA Cup is to take the piss out of some the football on show) but I'm just curious about which pundits exactly you've seen getting flustered when being asked about the Portuguese league.

6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And more importantly, when did we Britishers have to give a crap anyway? We're far too busy ruling the world to go worrying about what the little people from the world's dustier corners think of our football pundits.