English pub

Discussion in 'Collectors' started by JacksonJazz#9, May 24, 2003.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    good satan man what's the update??

2. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    update...

ok metros....

ive got the pool table up.... and along the walls where the table is, i had the carpenters build this "drink rail", so when youre shooting pool, you can set your pint on the rail... very cool....

on the walls i have a tin guiness sign, a st georges cross english flag, and jerseys mounted (Plymouth Argyle, PSV einhoven, Arsenal old style, chicago fire, and one of my old club shirts) ive got a 35in sony with expanded cable to watch fox sports world, and a dvd player too.... bar to be delivered sometime this week...

I NEED SCARVES THOUGH!!!!! I dont think i will frame them like "tge 3 lions pub" did, to expensive, but i will probably hang them like andy mead suggested... thats simple enough even i can do it....

hey whats the deal with "good satan man"???

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Nice job! Post pictures when you can.

I'd rather say "good satan man" then "good god man" ??

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: POST EM!!!

post some pics!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm almost there. Got flooded a couple of months ago. Replaced the ruined carpet with laminate flooring that looks like hard wood flooring. In addition to the other stuff in the room, I have a new black futon and I bought some Manchester United Red Felt pillows for the sides. And the really REALLY cool thing I just finished last night was a "decoupage" arrangement on my main coffee table.

A decoupage is when you put together a mosaic of pictures and glue them on a table and then cover it with a clear acrylic finish that looks like glass. I used pictures of great United players through the years, as well as copies of newspaper stories that I have when United beat Bayern in the European Cup as a friend was over in London when we won it. I'll post pics here in the next few days, I'm closing in on finishing up the revamp.

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Sounds like you r having a great team making yer pub :)

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course you need a big-ass TV.

If you could somehow get DirecTV AND Dish to show EVERYTHING, then do that. (since some stuff can only be seen on one provider.)

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    And lots of high quality speakers :)

8. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you can find a pub that is going out of business, you might be able to get a bargain on some of the more expensive items (i.e. mirrors).

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Newcastle Brown Ale mirrors!! :)

10. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a local

beer store in my town that has mirrors, draft tap pulls etc cannot even get guiness mirrors in stock.. so i am screwed

11. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
  12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    not much in the way of Newcastle there....

13. type_32

type_32 New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Just wanted to bump this thread. I'd like to see pictures, esp. of how you guys hang your scarves, and of this "poster frame" technique for jerseys that G Enriquez is talking about.

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Ditto! WHat else do I have to say? :)

15. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to Wal-Mart. Look where the art frames and poster frames section is. There are frames that range from 15 to 25 bucks, that come in black, red, metal or gold. Mine are primarily black. I suggest you buy the more expensive ones as the jerseys will pop out if you get the cheap ones.

Oh, and I got this etching style sticker which I put on a regular bar mirror that looks AWESOME.

Here's the pic from the ebay auction to illustrate:

[​IMG]

I'm getting there guys, more soon.

16. Zizou10

Zizou10 New Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Great thread even thoug I am a bit young (14) for the whole pub thing. But please post some pics for the rest of us.

Zizou10

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Awesome.... glad things are progressing......

18. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    what a great idea. =) I am definatly going to do this once I get my own place.

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    So what's the update on the basement pubs?

20. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking of opening my own REAL soccer bar. I have enough soccer stuff to decorate it all out and stuff.... I'm going to take a class in business administration to brush up on what I'm getting into, but I'm real close to going for it....

21. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    I(along with some of my friends) have been considering that as well. We may need to share notes.

22. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Any updates on that basement pub?

I wonder if BS will be expanding its business to inclue soccer pubs? With BS members as the franchisers.....

23. TIKY

TIKY New Member

Apr 6, 2001
    San Diego
    No pictures yet?

Is there really only one BS poster that has a home pub? And that one guy can't post pics?

There's got to be other home pubs out there!

24. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Yea seriosuly man.....

25. 11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15 Red Card

Nov 30, 2003
    Fla - SC - Eire
    been enjoying this thread and was sorry to see it die down so I'll add my 2 cents.

I am in the process of buying a bar and turning it into a football pub. I'd love to hear any other advice or website links that may be of use.

It's going to be a footy pub/pool hall.... there is a good sized South/Central American population near by so I am working on getting FSW Espanol and also the FSW..hopefully Sentanna too but they are soo damn pricey.

Cheers and good luck to the guy who is doing his own pub in the basement...need to get some pics of that up on here.