English players Dual Nationality thread

Discussion in 'England' started by Simon Barnes, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ste walker

Ste walker Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Declan Rice slight favourite with the bookies to declare for Ireland now, After england were big favourites few days back. Like I said before can’t see him declaring for England.

2. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    While Rice is a decent prospect, I don't understand this fuss whether he chooses England or not. While his position is not really covered, still there are some good young players are coming up for defensive midfield. If he joins, good, if he wants to play for Ireland, good for him.

roverman repped this.
  3. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Probably because the fai tweeted him happy birthday with a new Ireland top on. Thing is, that picture is old, you can tell by how long his hair is. It means nothing to me. Still thinking he'll declare for us.

roverman and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  4. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    TalkSPORT is a troll outlet to be honest. I would take with a pinch of salt anything said on there.

hussar repped this.
  5. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    According to The Times, Declan Rice will announce a decision within the next ten days.

6. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    W.A.S.P. and TopBanana10 repped this.
  7. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some more info on Charlie Kelman. He was born in Essex to an American father and moved to the US at 2 years old to Dallas, Texas. He moved back to England after he turned age 11. He then came back to Texas in 2016 and was with the FC Dallas Premier youth team, scoring 74 goals in 35 matches. At the end of 2016, he left Dallas again to join Southend's setup. He also has a younger brother, born in Texas in 2007, who is also now in Southend's setup. He has been with the US U18s and is a possible candidate for the U20s. England could also be looking at him, given he's the youngest scorer this season in the top 3 English leagues.

AgentZigZag and TopBanana10 repped this.
  8. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should also note that Kelman is eligible for Scotland through his father, who is Scottish-American.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    these 2 flip flop all the time but 03-Arrey-Mbi and 03-Musiala have been called up for Germany U16 to play in the UEFA Development Tournament in Feb 2019.

10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Just a general question. If a player had requested the switch and submitted all the paperwork from one FA to another FA to switch allegiances, would the media get hold of that information or could it be kept very secretive?

11. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Really good question, you'd think there would be a leak somewhere. Are you thinking about Declan Rice?

12. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    If it was newsworthy it would more often than not get leaked. The agent of the player involved would always want their player to have the first word before confirmation. That way in theory they can offer a respectable statement.

If the player and his team are doing things behind the scenes before confirming in public the backlash would be even worse.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah I was just thinking about it earlier and with the next set of International games coming up in March could the paperwork have already been processed in a secretive manor otherwise if not it could be months before he becomes eligible, if he switches to us.

14. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    England U19 and Man City's Ian Poveda may want to switch to Colombia, his parents' homeland, where he'd have an easier time breaking in:

15. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    As always, take it with a big pinch of salt.

He plays for City, they send a Colombian journalist to get a quote for him, they ask if he'd play for Colombia, he gives a polite answer. We've seen the same thing happen hundreds of times before.

David Hurford and W.A.S.P. repped this.
  16. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    That's true. Also it's a good thing that there are so many talent coming up in that position, that it would not be a major disaster if Poveda really switches to Colombia.

W.A.S.P. and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  17. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Poveda said quite a while ago in another Colombian article that he favoured Colombia did he not? I have very little expectation of him ultimately choosing England.

I think there's next to no chance of this having happened. There's no incentive for either Rice or the FAI to keep quiet about it.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  18. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chituru Odunze, the 6-foot-7-and-growing 16-year-old USA U17 goalkeeper who I mentioned before in this thread, is currently on trial with Leicester. He was born in North Carolina, raised in England and Canada, and has nationality for those three countries as well as Nigeria. He's likely one of the most physically talented U17 goalkeepers of any nation.
    https://www.whitecapsfc.com/youth/p...unze-set-trial-english-club-leicester-city-fc
    [​IMG]

David Hurford repped this.
  19. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    I wouldn't really describe being tall as a talent.

20. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    not gonna lie, very slightly bummed we dont have david brooks still in our pool. I know hes not world class but looks like a solid international player for wales. Good luck to him

TopBanana10 and hussar repped this.
  21. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    https://tinyurl.com/y9dmp9ul

Your manager is still trying to steal Rice from us . Hands off . If he plays for you, Southgate will only waste him at center back.

22. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Steal? He was born in London.

roverman repped this.
  23. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh for the love of God...

24. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    The kid was born in England. For me that makes him English regardless of his background. You can sit there all day and tell me how 'irish' he is but he isn't. If he really felt Irish, he wouldn't be taking 6 months to decide.
    If he chooses England then I'll be happy because he's a quality player. If he chooses Ireland then you can rest assured you have another mercenary playing for you.

roverman repped this.
  25. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    He's not Irish. Born in England. Came up through the English system. What have Ireland done for him? F all!!