English players Dual Nationality thread

Discussion in 'England' started by Simon Barnes, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  2. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Those U20 games were just unofficial friendlies so he didn't have to file the switch to play for England. Canada fielded at least one player in the game against England U20, Alphonso Davies, who didn't even have Canadian citizenship.

3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23055

Another one of those articles that claim there going all out to snatch Tammy Abraham from us. Will be very surprised if they get him though, can only see it happening further down the line if he's not had a breakthrough with the senior team.

4. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    If he can get a Premier League loan then he could justifiably be capped by Southgate as soon as the first half of next season, which would put this to bed as long as it's in a qualifier. I agree that there probably isn't a great deal to worry about yet though - only last month the Nigerian press was reporting that he'd turned them down in the hope of progressing through the England set-up.

5. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Just read an article where NFF say they've secured Nigerian passports for Aina and Bazee. Currently they close to securing one for Abraham ?

6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Well Aina I think we lost a while back but I would be amazed and disappointed if we lost Abraham now.

7. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't see how we'd lose him cause he's playing a group above and starting no less.

What exactley are Nigeria's plans once they've secured an Englishman? Do they plan on starting them instantly or just proud to say they're Nigerian and then forget about them? I know they have other prospects that are Nigerian through and through. What do they say to them when someone from England takes their spot?

8. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Could just be more hopeful more than anything.

9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Can u forward me the link for this article mate, cheers

10. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah was going to bring up this point, what's the point of the investment into these players if they are just going to jump ship on mass. Our FA should start to charge finders fees like agencies do or something ( tongue n cheek). The NFF are getting a very good deal out of it, getting everyone else to develop there players without doing much themselves! Marvelous eh.

12. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    "We are working on that of Tammy Abrahams and others."

Sure, working on it. They're name dropping Abraham because he's had a good season and is probably the best Anglo-Nigerian prospect at this point, not because he's close to switching. It's bluster. They were reporting that he snubbed a senior Nigeria call up last month: http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/10/chelseas-tammy-abraham-snubs-nigeria-england/

Nigeria aren't going to give up on any of these players - Abraham, Lookman, Solanke, ect - until they're cap tied to the English senior team. Even if it means going full Pepe Le Pew on a player who isn't interested.

Marcho Gamgee and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Pepe Le Pew, hahaha. That made me laugh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

14. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    After Brexit the homegrown rule should be changed to England-eligible.

15. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Ireland are looking to cap tie Declan Rice:

16. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Wales have called up Ethan Ampadu to a 26-man senior training squad ahead of a WC qualifier.

To put that in context, he's made all of 10 starts for League Two Exeter City in his entire career. Their efforts to persuade dual nationals to commit to them are getting a bit desperate, and I fail to see that they've taken any account of Ampadu's best interests as a 16-year-old kid. Could they not just put him in whatever squad his current level of ability merits, and then let him make his own decision when he's ready? It patently isn't the seniors.

W.A.S.P., wellno and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Extremely sad and unless he's absolutely certain he wants to play for Wales ( not sure of the connection and how strong ) I would pull out of that squad before he becomes permanently stuck! His Dad must be aware of what Wales are trying to do surely? Wales couldn't care less about the players best interests, they just want them tied to them full stop.

roverman repped this.
  18. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Especially when they have a perfect opportunity for him with them having a squad at Toulon this year. Although I think they do clash with his GCSEs.

19. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I noticed yesterday that Ovie Ejaria had trained with Nigeria's U17 squad in 2013 and stated that he wanted to play for them in 2014. He was born and raised in London, but I'm sure if he breaks through with Liverpool then Nigeria will claim that we stole him from them.

20. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Adrian Durham's thoughts on this topic:
    http://www.devonlive.com/radio-pres...padu-call-up/story-30356060-detail/story.html

21. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  22. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There's another article on WalesOnline that's pretty much the same thing, but are criticizing Durham by calling his claims bizarre.

23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    WalesOnline is about as pro Welsh as you can get, I mean some of the stuff they come out with about the Rugby team is extremely biased. That article states Durhams rant is bizarre but doesn't explain why and then you just read some of the comments where someone was comparing the situation when Giggs came through and made his debut at 17 which is bizarre as you can't compare the two scenarios as Giggs made his Utd debut at 17 so you can understand his call up and playing for one of the best teams in the land at that time, compared to Ampadu who isn't even a regular for a 4th tier team.

24. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    I think if he plays then it's out of line.

If he's just training with them (as he's missing out on Toulon cause of school) to keep him involved and to get to know him, then fair enough. There's nothing wrong with that. If they actually take the next step and cap tie him then it sits a bit uneasy with me.

25. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They cap-tied Harry Wilson at the same age with even less experience remember.