English players Dual Nationality thread

Discussion in 'England' started by Simon Barnes, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well when he makes his mind up it should take a couple hours for the paper work to get done. It would be great if he accepted an U21 call-up becasue we would need his skills in a winger position.

2. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    It takes weeks if past examples are anything to go by.

3. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Grealish will make a decision in October or November. He'll want to get involved with Euro's, which why I want Ireland to not qualify to maybe ensure he'll opt for England. We won't pick for our last 4 qualifiers, or maybe we will since we will have it wrapped up.

4. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  5. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Seems Roy is putting a bit of pressure on the lad, not sure if thats the best policy but then again I think both the English and Irish are getting impatient.

7. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Irish have been impatient longer than we have. I think the ultimate deadline for Grealish is in November after when the qualifying is over with, well for most people. Ireland could be in the playoffs. That is why I hope Scotland can overtake the Irish. A playoff callup would be intriguine for Grealish probably.

8. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Just pulling this back into this thread again. I'm quite surprised Miazga is ahead of CCV, as I though CCV looked better than him at the WC but it may have just been my bias, but for England's sake if they cared, I guess delaying his call up may be beneficial. I reckon it will pan out how you say. If he has a great year and makes first team he'll hold off for England, if not the USMNT will force his hand and he'll go with them. Heard some news that apparently Norwich were looking to loan him which would have been great and really affected things, however sadly that didn't happen and it looks like he will most likely end up at Coventry.

sendorange and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Its more of a matter of Miazga just being further along. He's two years older with a lot of pro games under his belt. They were equally excellent at the U-20 WC. Two of our better players at the tournament.

I hope Carter-Vickers can get a loan pretty soon. I think he's ready for consistent pro games, as crazy as that might sound with him only still being 17. Do you have a link for the Coventry loan? I don't doubt the validity, rather interested having not heard about this.

sendorange repped this.
  10. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Fair, I actually really liked Miazga so is probably unfair me thinking CCv should be ahead especially, when like you said he is playing in the MLS.

Well the Football League loan window opens soon, and we currently have links to Coventry atm after having a loanee perform well there last year. I've heard murmurings of him to Coventry for a while so don't really know what the delay is for, unless Poch is debating whether to use him, which I doubt. Noriwch loan would have been great, but ye I expect him to go out on loan soon, just to get used to playing men's football

sendorange and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  11. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I would suggest that the only country that overrates their players more than we do is the USA. CCV from what I've seen is a decent prospect but no more. He would not be anywhere near our U21's or perhaps even U20's, and I don't see a pro club above League One (at best) trusting him at CB.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  12. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #263 IGSpur, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Interesting, game of opinions after all. I've seen him play plenty of times, live and streams, and I think he is a top player. Think he is as good as any of the other 97 CBs personally. I'm sure I don't need to describe his game to you as you've seen him but I don't really see what's not to like. I've seen him keep Solanke quiet quite a few times last year, played well against Brazil u23s when he was 16, also still has Falcao in his back pocket haha. He has a few individual highlights games on youtube one against Chelsea in FAYC and one against Soton at u21s FYI

As I've said before one reporter put him as one of the CBs in the Team of the Tournament for the u20 World Cup. He has already been rated as one of the 2 best CBs in that at 17, yet isn't good enough to play for a team still trying to qualify for it.

sendorange repped this.
  13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Wickham being targeted by Northern Ireland according to some reports however dont think thats a loss considering our options up front and also he has yet to deliver from his boy wonder tag.

14. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Too true, he's an excellent prospect. Certainly going to have a vastly better career than the likes of Kortney Hause, and massively outperformed him at U20 level already despite being years younger.

15. campbell91

campbell91 New Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/viv-solomon-otabor-2675545.aspx?

London born 19 year old left winger Viv Solomon-Otabor called up to train with Nigeria a few weeks after making his Birmingham debut.
    Hasn't been involved in the England setup before but he seems to be a bit of a late developer. Rowett had planned to loan him out but he's forced his way into first team reckoning through pre-season.

If he can follow in the footsteps of Nathan Redmond and Demarai Gray then he'll be one to keep an eye on.

16. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If I were him I'd switch to Northern Ireland. But I suspect he's pretty loyal to England by the looks of it.

17. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Anyone care to put together a best XI of English qualified players playing for other countries?

Have we ever actually lost someone we want?

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Not sure about an eleven but would have taken Giggs and Bale

Edit: sorry, misread your question, we never had them to start with.

19. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Giggs couldn't have played for England at the time. He has no English-born parents or grandparents and the current rule granting eligibility by residence or education didn't exist back then.

20. andals

andals Member

Jun 13, 2015
  21. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    ChristianSur repped this.
  22. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    So are they just putting two and two together because Grealish's agent is the same agent as Bale and that agent wanted Bale to play for England? After reading that article, it seems like money is the objective here. Hope im wrong!