English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
    If Ashley Young does go to Inter Milan. He will be only the third Englishmen to ever play for the club after Gerry Hitchens and Paul Ince.

2. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Tom Ince could have played for them but he though"they weren't trying to challenge up at the top again, and it was a rebuilding process. Being a young lad, I didn't want any of that, I wanted to get in the Premier League." So he signed for Hull City instead...

David Hurford repped this.
  3. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
  4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I know Inter Milan have had there issues over the past years but when you see someone turned them down to play for Hull City, it just sounds like a complete heads gone and I thought it at the time.

5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Have you heard anything about how Ronaldo Vieira has been doing lately? Seems to have been a regular for Sampdoria lately barring a suspension but seen plenty of 90 mins which might indicate he’s been doing quite well. Just not really heard much about his progress tbh.

6. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Surely Tom Ince wouldn't have made it very far at Inter? It will be interesting to see Young play there, even though he's no use for England anymore.

7. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
    I was just thinking recently I wondering how Kieran Tripper's Spanish is going since he has arrived in Spain. I just hope Kieran learns the language and does a better job than David Beckham ever seem to manage.

David Beckham

Gary Lineker

History of English footballers in Spain

8. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Tom Ince just isn't particularly good. I don't think any move would end up with him having a significantly better career than he's had. He's never looked up to it the several chances he's had in the premier.

Sam1010 repped this.
  9. PSV played a friendly against FC Brugge.

Bij PSV maakte de 17-jarige Brit Noni Madueke zijn debuut als basisspeler. Hij vormde de aanval met Bruma en Mohamed Ihattaren. Ibrahim Afellay, lange tijd niet fit, stond eveneens aan de aftrap. Coach Faber had hem bovendien de aanvoerdersband gegeven.

At PSV, 17-year-old Briton Noni Madueke made his debut as a basic player. He formed the attack with Bruma and Mohamed Ihattaren. Ibrahim Afellay, not fit for a long time, was also kicking off. Coach Faber had also given him the captain's armband.

10. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I know you didnt write it but there are no such thing as brits or Britons in football . Hes English

11. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    With respect, that's nonsense. It's like saying "he's not human, he's a man".

hussar and TopBanana10 repped this.
  12. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    No. I'm saying that football wise England Scotland and Wales are completely separate countries. They're separate countries anyway

13. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    He's still a Brit.

14. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    No. Sorry. That's bollocks. Sick to death of that word being banded about like englishness doesn't exist. We cant be English in normal society but in football we can. But now even in football that disgusting word is replacing englishness. The word 'brit' utterly repulses me. It's a word used by foreigners, especially the irish morons, who dont know any better

15. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rover is like The Guardian on steroids.

16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    In
    I'm just pro english. If I could have an independent England I would. I still support the england national team like anyone else

17. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I actually think The Guardian is pretty good for sports coverage. But it's just as biased as the Daily Mail politically.

18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Why should I get slated for being pro English on an England message board

19. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    People should respect your right to feel English but you should respect the rights of others to feel differently.

20. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I agree. I'm not against other countries , just feel some nations take every chance to take a pop at us

21. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was talking about a dearly missed former poster on this board, not the newspaper.

thebigman repped this.
  22. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    See my reply to TopBanana.

23. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I've been on this board 20 years, I remember him

24. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    It comes from the ancient Celtic name that our ancestors gave themselves long before England even existed, you unsalvageable loon. It's also part of the name of the island you're sitting on. If you're trying to secede from that, I hope you've packed armbands.

IGSpur repped this.
  25. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    No need for insults. I don't feel British or a brit end of. I'm english only. Period. Ask any Scot or Welsh person, they will feel the same