English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sancho starts tonight against Atletico

TopBanana10 repped this.
  2. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Good test for him against that defence. Him and JuanFran had a bit of a tustle.

RobTheFool repped this.
  3. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A bit off topic but the Pulsic YA thread is the best on BS. They used to hate Dembele because he seemed a bit more advanced, now some are anti Sancho for no reason what so ever, its not like Pulusic is a bad player, he's one of the best young players in Europe but so are the other two. I don't think English fans will get quite so jingoistic with our young players abroad. For example I think Martial is better than Rashford, its a bit sobering Martial cant even get in the squad at times but English fans don't hate Martial for being better than our great young hope. They did the same thing back in the day with Adu and ADM iirc that was a bit more preposterous, but very entertaining.

RobTheFool repped this.
  4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Sorry to say but some of those posters on that thread are a bit special.

5. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I think you’d need very English tinted glasses to think Rashford was better than Martial.

Perhaps it’s because Pulisic is their stand out player that they're a bit protective.

6. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah it’s entertaining for sure. It’s all down to luck apparently, some of their posters are unbelievable! Pulisic is decent but they go way overboard with their hype

7. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    JFC I googled Freddy Adu Bigsoccer and this thread came up... :ROFLMAO:

8. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Adu hype used to be crazy. Im not a conspiracy guy but Im convinced it was a scam that he was lying about his age. I know sone players mature more quickly but its just more enertaining to think he tricked everyone and made millions
    of dollars out of being a very average footballer. I reckon he's about 50.

9. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #1109 Scheherazade, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018

Adu looks his age. I don't think he tricked anyone, his talent was probably exaggerated and hyped by Americans who watch MLS and do not pay much attention to the standard of the game or tactics in European leagues.

There is a lot of frustration on the forum when US players do not start, some want the teams to get blanked, lose badly(they repeatedly stress it doesn't matter if the teams fold lmao) so the Americans get to play. They don't sound like they enjoy watching European teams in action to be familiar with the standard of average, good or excellent players compared to US up-and-comers, which explains how Adu became overrated. If Alphonso Davies wasn't Canadian there would be twice the hype.

The Potter repped this.
  10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Reiss Nelson gets subbed on in the 82nd minute and scores what looks like the winner in the 83rd minute....ridiculous. You do wonder why the manager left it so late but it seems to have worked.

11. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I really do think he should be called up and given a run out against the USA. Him and Sancho are doing bits.

12. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

This might be why they've not moved him up yet. If he's still producing come the March International window then perhaps he'll make the seniors.

13. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Sancho getting a lesson that first half too. These past two games he'll have learnt a lot.

14. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Fantastic second half though!

15. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Indeed! You know what they say, its a game of...............

TopBanana10 repped this.
  16. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anybody got any thoughts on how Sancho did from an England perspective? Iv'e not seen a full Bundesliga game in a long time but it does sound like a cracker, I might search it out.

17. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Quiet first half but grew into the game and was electric in the second half! IMO he'll be one of our top players soon and will be pushing for a starting role.

18. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Said thread is going crazy right now, it's so much fun. Its reads as if Dortmund got spanked by 4 and Sancho scored 5 own goals. I love it.

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #1119 Marcho Gamgee, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Can you link the tread as I can’t find the thread I think your on about. So many damn threads, lol

Edit; oh I found it, lol. I’m sure they must have some good lemons to suck on! Bloody hell, don’t they realise he’s only 18 years old.

20. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    They aren't rational.

They all want the septic moved to a better club... Where he will compete with better players than Sancho.

Not normal.

The Potter and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  21. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
  22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Jenks, ChristianSur and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  24. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    It was a terrible game.

When people say 'the Premier League isn't the best league in the world, the football all the way down La Liga is better', it's based purely on watching Real + Barca every week.

When you watch two of the lower sides v eachother, there's often not much going on. In the halftime highlights, they showed that Roberts chance on repeat for about five minutes. Not only because it was so good, but because it was genuinely the only thing that happened all half.

Of course I'll think the Roberts sub was harsh, because I was only watching to see him play, but the coach could've taken anyone off at that point. Not sure he missed out on much in the final half hour.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  25. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    It's not. I watch Girona when I can and I find the general play noticeably better technically and tactically. I see way more technical mistakes and teams finding themselves all over the place in terms of shape in the Premier League than I do in La Liga, even if that often makes for a more entertainment product sometimes. I think English football is vastly overrated, but brilliantly marketed.

RobTheFool repped this.