English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Chris Willock seems to be with the Benfica First Team but outside the main 22 but that is not with world cup stars still to come back.

19 year-olds Gedson Fernandes & Joao Felix who could be at the Euros are very much involved for Benfica. Eventhough different positions I do wonder what next season holds for Willock with it being his 2nd. Will need to dominate for the B because he will start more regularly.

2. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Bennetts scored 5 mins into his first appearance for Gladbach

David Hurford and ChristianSur repped this.
  3. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Permanent:
    Danny Collinge (Stuttgart/U21)
    Mandela Egbo (Gladbach/U21)
    Jordan Rossiter (Rangers/U21)
    Chris Willock (Benfica/U21)
    Kaylen Hinds (Wolfsburg/U21)
    Dan Crowley (Willem II/U21)
    Jadon Sancho (BVB/U19)
    Denzeil Boadu (BVB/U21)
    Marcus McGuane (Barcelona B/U20)
    Jordan Greenidge (Omonia Nicosia/U19)
    Keanan Bennetts (Gladbach/U20)
    George Hirst (OH Leuven/U20)
    Max Clark (Vitesse/U21)
    Noni Madueke (PSV/U17)
    Matt Bondswell (Leipzig/U17)
    Jon Panzo (Monaco/U17)

Loans
    Hayden Coulson (St Mirren/U21)
    Elliot Moore (OH Leuven/U21)
    Ovie Ejaria (Rangers/U21)
    Jake Clarke-Salter (Vitesse/U21)
    Ryan Segear (Telstar/U21)
    Ed Francis (Almere/U20)
    Kyle Scott (Telstar/U21)

Randoms
    Kobe Jae Chong (Cagliari/U18)
    Oscar Threlkeld (Beveren/Senior)
    Greg Leigh (Breda/Senior)
    James Horsfield (Breda/Senior)

I can't say I really understand the thinking behind sending these boys to the Dutch 2nd tier.

4. I can think of two reasons at least. Young kids most of the times arenot physical up to the fight in the Championship. The Dutch 2nd tier isnot as physical demanding as the Championship. Second coaches in the Dutch leagues are teachers almost by nature, so for development great for the kids to do that while in a competitive environment too.
    When you're not physical stretched the energy can go into upgrading your technical and tactical abilities. If your gassed you're not going to improve.
    Dutch coaches and clubs are more patient/forgiving towards young players with their obvious mistakes inherent to their age and inexperience.

But of course that's what I think, not what I know as the thinking behind it.

The Potter repped this.
  5. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Some of the big English clibs see the Dutch 1st tier as a stepping stone to a loan in the English lower leagues - that's a big part of what makes going a step lower bemusing.

6. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    We could add Christian Maghoma(97) who just won the Polish Super Cup against Legia Warsaw. He plays for Arka Gdynia.

Also, Nathan Oduwa(96) is at Olimpija Ljubljana in Slovenia

7. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  8. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Scunthorpe looks more picturesque than I remember it.

Garibaldi11, itfcjoe and wellno repped this.
  9. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    They did some landscaping

10. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Denzeil Boadu is going on tour with the Dortmund first team which is great to see. Doubt he's actually in their plans for the season, but it's a good look for him after a rough few years. It's not like they're taking loads of players either so he's in a unique group.

[​IMG]

11. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Remember JET

1019681058885980162 is not a valid tweet id

12. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    It's weird what happened to that Arsenal generation. It's not like him and Chuks Aneke haven't often proved they're still super talented in flashes.

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Could be interesting if it happens

1021505482798850048 is not a valid tweet id

14. brettspurs

brettspurs Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Nov 9, 2017
    Potentially another one to add to the list -

15. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Also talk that Oxford to Gladbach is on the brink.

Garibaldi11 and David Hurford repped this.
  16. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Ronaldo Vieira to Sampdoria
    Chuba Akpom to PAOK

Both rumoured to be on the table. Obviously Akpom is likely to play for Nigeria first.

17. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Played for West Ham 23s on the weekend and hasn't been with West Ham firsts since initial tour.

West Ham could have managed him better but I also sense he got ahead of himself.

Rice has been the example to follow.

18. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    What has Rice done differently to Oxford though? He just got given games, and is still potentially going to leave as they mess him about with a new deal and continue to sign other defenders.

19. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I don't want to sound overly critical. It may be a bit of a gut feel.

I just think Rice has got into the team and done enough to keep himself involved. That is it. Keep his head down. And yes there may be no contract signed but that is because people Oxford and earning more but then again Rice has leverage with his performances in training and in matches.

With Oxford he got in young but since it has been a very bumpy road and sure West Ham haven't helped. I wanted him to prove people wrong but he has still hardly played games when that seemed the issue at West Ham and he felt he d eserved. He was very vocal and I think his agent has been to in the press and here I am waiting for him to play and prove his talent but has he been doing enough on the training ground at Gladbach to actually play ?

I then felt here is your chance at West Ham with Pellegrini and for whatever reason he didn't do enough to grab the gap that players who are good as they think do. I don't know if it is pure talent wise that Pellegrini didn't feel fit to involve him beyond that first trip or outside factors were involved.

And the end of the day, doing your talking on the pitch is where it needs to happen for Oxford so he better go to the right club and make sure he gets picked on his training and performances and not on the I'm talented why I am I not getting chances yet card. He hasn't earned it yet like Sancho and Loftus-Cheek have.

20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I know it’s a different Club with different expectations etc but if I was a youngster at West Ham I think I would have second thoughts about hanging around especially with Pellegrini being the manager. He was terrible at introducing youth players at City, wouldn’t even play them in Cup games or dead rubbers if memory serves me right. If I was Oxford or even Rice, I would think very carefully about signing a new contract and probably push for a move away tbh.

David Hurford repped this.
  21. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Ash Kigbu has gone to Wolfsberger in Austria. Weird one, but better for these types of guys to these clubs then to go sit in another PL sides U23 team.

22. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Why are you talking about Rice?. He plays for us. Its a shame he has chosen my country over yours . As I think, he could have been your best midfielder defensive midfielder since Bryan Robson . He pisses all over Jordan Henderson that's for sure.

23. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Oxford I find quite surprising. Even ignoring his debut game, I remember him coming on against Spurs and playing CB a couple of seasons ago and doing really well.

Anyway Cy Goddard has gone to Benevento Calcio in Serie B

24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yes, I’m quite aware he is playing for Ireland but that doesn’t have anything to do with my point. My point is in regard to youngsters in general regardless of Nationality when Pellegrini is concerned.

25. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    And now I'm looking forward to Rice not being anyway near Henderson's class this coming season