England Women's Team Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    They really need to up the game in the second half if they are going to get anything out of this. So many sloppy passes but got to give credit to the USA for their press but they have to do better in position. Not sure Neville’s changes have particularly worked though, Daly hasn’t worked at all on that right hand side. I would bring on Kirby for Daly and get Parris out wide again.

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Neville commits the cardinal sin of changing the formation and dropping a load of players.
    No subs after an hour..

3. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    VAR takes a goal off!!

knew we couldnt escape VAR .

4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Another bullshit offside call imo. Said it when it’s other teams as well. In the old days it’s level but if your arm is offside, it’s now offside ffs.

Reign Man repped this.
  5. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    seems to be trainwreck refereeing ever since VAR came in..
    I dont like the way the game is heading .

Reign Man and wellno repped this.
  6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Oh well, guess the women self destruct like the men do! Millie Bright is a nutter, what was she doing, she’s a train wreck waiting to happen. Houghton’s pen wasn’t the best either :confused:

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    You can’t miss three of four penalties in games and get through to a final. Why doesn’t White take them? Some decisions didn’t go our way and some players need moving on.

8. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Desperate unlucky with the offside goal but the penalty we got to level was absolutely atrocious. You know its a bad penalty when the keeper catches it.

Still two semi-finals in a row isn't to be sniffed at - beaten by better teams in both games although the nature of the defeats will sting a bit.

I don't think it really mattered anyway but Millie Bright had been a disaster waiting to happen all tournament. By far the weakest link in the England side.

9. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We didn't even play that well and still were within a penalty shot away from sending the game into extra time and maybe even winning it in regulation. Slag him off all you want, but Neville made good adjustments in the second half that got us back into the game and should've tied it, but the players didn't execute.

Bright is just too much of a weakness and can't even pass. I also really thought Houghton would put that pen away since she's produced in several clutch moments in her career, but clearly the pressure got to her.

10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    She was the same in the Euros. Harsh but we always look far better when she isn’t in the team.

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Is there no one better waiting in the wings? I’m no expert and have only watched games during the World Cup but we need an upgrade there plus Houghton isn’t getting any younger so maybe another centre half as well very soon.

12. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Neville has dropped Duggan , Kirby and Greenwood and switched the formation around.
    The VAR joke will make people overlook his changes that were clearly wrong.

13. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    I don't think these were particularly bad changes other than maybe Greenwood should have came in for Stokes.

Kirby had done nothing all tournament and Duggan hasn't really done much either.

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I thought he got the tactics wrong. If he was going to drop Kirby then Stanway should have come in instead of Daly. Sticking Parris wider. Game was too open in the first half.

15. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Have to say though that I’ve actually really enjoyed watching the team and the World Cup throughout the tournament. I seem to have come to my senses and stopped comparing Women’s football to men’s and now watch it as almost a different sport. Kind of like I don’t compare the men’s & womens 100 metres therefore why would I football. Bring on the Euro’s!

16. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    They'll be competing at the Olympics next year, should have a very good shot at a medal.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Oh yeah, forgot about the Olympics :notworthy:

18. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    W.A.S.P. repped this.
  19. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    another dubious VAR decision takes a goal off this.
    getting sick of this !!

Reign Man and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah but it was ‘ clear and obvious ‘ right? I still couldn’t conclusively say it was handball or not from what I saw.

21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    We’ve had a nightmare with VAR. Still I think Neville has been pretty awful in the last two games. This team also gives up so many cheap goals. Every goal we concede is littered with errors.

22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Neville apparently saying it was a nonsense match is a bit disrespectful also. Why say that? If he thought it was a ‘ nonsense ‘ match why play a strong side and not play a ‘B’ team?

23. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    ball bounces up and brushes your shoulder!
    goal taken off !!

I thought VAR would help end diving and bad tackles!
    instead its been used to rule out goals that are an inch offside and all kinds of petty interpretations .

W.A.S.P. and Reign Man repped this.
  24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah exactly! I mean technically the offsides are I guess correct if you want to be so bloody petty but it’s just ridiculous. I mean, seriously where are they going with this? Once everyone had got used to VAR, every goal that gets scored is going to to be met with hardly a celebration in the stadium until VAR has been processed! Got to say I can’t stand it!

25. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    They should have a margin of error for offsides like they do for LBW's in the cricket, surely the technology can't be 100% accurate for when the ball is kicked for example.

Reign Man repped this.