England Will Win the World Cup- General World Cup Housekeeping and Info

Discussion in 'England' started by fernb8, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Prenn and TL previously posted a reminder to infrequent or drive by posters as we approach the eve of a major International Tournament regarding the rules and expectations of the England Board and it appears that we are within that time again. I also hope that a few of the points below will serve as a polite reminder to our regular members as well. @Alex_1 and I plan on enjoying the games, as many of you do, and also do have somewhat of a life outside of BS so please remember to report any posts which you believe need addressing. We will do our best to respond to them within a timely manner but at least by reporting them you are alerting any other active Mod of the potential offensive post. With that being said a couple of friendly reminders

1. This is the ENGLAND board. The majority of the views and opinions will probably be slanted and most likely biased towards England and thus those expecting primarily neutral views on England are not going to find them here. There will be other areas around BS- notably on the WC Boards- for in game discussion which may be a little less partisan.

2. This is the ENGLAND board. This is not the Manchester United, Liverpool or Chelsea board and while it is very challenging for us not bring some type of club bias to the table- petty club rivalry nonsense will not be tolerated. We will probably see the return of some posters we have not seen in a while and those who are looking to argue for fun will probably not find much of an audience.

3. @sinner78 and @BarryfromEastenders will most likely be setting up the relevant game threads but if anyone else wants to help please let us know.

4. In the moderately long time I have been following England- I can count on one had the amount of times someone expected us to actually win the bloody thing. So unlike this thread title, the overwhelming majority of England supporters do not, and have not, expect(ed) us to win the World Cup and are generally more harsh on the squad and results than outside fans may be. With that being said- attempts to rile up with the natives and create issues will be dealt with as this post should serve as more than adequate warning and information regarding how this board will be moderated during the WC.

Karloski, lanman, Prenn and 6 others repped this.
  2. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I apologise in advance for telling a troll to get lost!

usscouse repped this.
  4. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    [​IMG]

a picture of the last time you attacked a forum troll

usscouse, BlueRebelZ and thebigman repped this.
  5. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    And most of those will be Ian Wright.

Anyway, good luck for the next couple of months. Something tells me you might be hard at work here.

Prenn repped this.
  6. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    #6 fernb8, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Unstuck the WC threads as the tournament is now over and I suppose people will comment on them as they find relevant

Just wanted to say thanks to the regulars and the majority of the guests who stopped by during the WC. As poor as the results for England were on the field I think the discussion and points being made during that timeline have been very good.

Thanks as well to those who reported the problem posts and as we were able to deal with them relatively quickly (although not as quick as some liked ;) ). In general most of the problems were pretty clear cases of drive by trouble making with some of the infracted parties acting as if they had a badge of honour. With that being said it is worth noting that not every opposing point of view or dissenting opinion is trolling and some healthy debate is worth having from time to time.

Wanted to also thank everyone for cutting back on the club rivalry nonsense- it makes this place much better and while it is clear we all carry some type of club bias I think nearly everyone checked it at the door.

Hopefully moving forward the board will continue in a similar manner but I just wanted to take the time to thank all of those who made a positive contribution to the board during this World Cup.

Placid Casual, thebigman and lanman repped this.