England vs Trinidad thread

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by koppite4ever, Dec 14, 2005.

1. koppite4ever

koppite4ever New Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Washington DC
    This will be the biggest game of the World Cup. Remember this statement! While only 42,000 will be allowed in Nuremburg, there will be another 100,000 in the city center. The Germans will not have seen so much red since the Russian invasion in 1945.

So many people underestimated the mighty presence of the Jamaicans at the USA vs Jamaica match in DC in 1997. The Caribbean population then threw the biggest street parties in France'98.

The point is there are hundreds of thousands of Trinis and Caribbeans living beyond Trinidad and Tobago. Every West Indian I know in the US will be in Germany. The same can be said of Europe. When it comes to Carnival, nobody does it better than Trinidadians. it will be the most memorable occasion at the World Cup.

Do not forget too that England has never played Trinidad or Jamaica in football. It is a sin when you consider how many black footballers of West Indian heritage there are in the UK. The racist policies of the English FA have much to answer for.

All Black people of this background will be supporting Trinidad that day on June 15.

While I know Dwight Yorke, Shaka Hislop, and Andrews will have no chance of beating England, in fact it could be embarrassing. The actual occasion of the match will be the biggest festival of the World Cup. I can guarantee that this will be the first time England fans will be outsung and certainly outdanced at a World Cup.

2. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA
    When it comes to feting Trinis 10 England 0. I don't want to give us any goat mouth, but I believe we will be proud of our team's performance win or lose. We will certainly be proud of our fans, because we will have everyone in the stadium jumping and waving. Let the fete match begin.

3. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    Done know. lol. I want to whine wid destra now.lol

4. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA

I saw her at the girl power fete last carnival. I think they should have her perform at the opening ceremony. Once the world gets to see Destra, T&T will get an automatic bid for every world cup.

5. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    there's no 'h' in wine...but you're excused under the circumstances...I doubt you're concentrating on spelling at the moment...:D

6. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Not sure that this will be the biggest game at the World Cup. IMO, Holland vs Argentina will definitely be the big one.

In regards to the England/TT game. I don't think that this will be an embarassment for TT by any sorts. You might be very, very surprised. Most of the Reds play in England, and even though it's at a lower level, they know who the England players are and how they play.

If anything, I think England for as good as a team that they are, they should be careful not to underestimate the Reds.;)

7. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    I know. Where the hell I get that from. lol:D

8. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    LOL. You went girl power in Trinidad? Poison UK did one in england but I didnt go. I heard there was gonna be male strippers was the fact that turned me off.:( lol

9. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA

No roots, there were only incredibly hot Trini women everywhere. There were some Venezuelans babes serving shots for Absolute Vodka or some other libation. No male strippers to be found in the vicinity.

The fete was off the hook and I wanted to take my shirt off a couple of times but the wife won't let me. :D I don't know what's going on in the UK but the girl power fete in T&T is the one. The all inclusive side includes every possible kinda drink; food including corn soup, and most importantly women like peas.

To me that is a must fete for carnival weekend.

10. truetrini

truetrini New Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Virginia
    do you guys really feel that we can beat England?

I would love nothing better than to score just one gola and shut up shop.

11. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA

I saw England v. USA in Chicago last Summer, and their "B" Team was impressive. They have depth so they can play very rough, and they are very skilled. So we will have to score more than one goal to beat them, and then we will have to play with ten men behind the ball.

I think that we can play them well because of their style the long ball and the crosses. But on set plays they are deadly. So all stupid fouls within 22 yards are potential goals. Also they play well with their backs to the goal. They don't need alot of space to shoot, and they can shoot.

We must hold the ball so Yorke will have to play in the midfield and Stern will have to play up top practically alone. It will be tough but I think of all the big European teams this was our best chance to steal a point or three. Last note they will try to kick our midfielders down so they must be ready to jump over tackles and get shoved from behind. This team is rough.