England Videos and Media Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by three lions, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
  2. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
  3. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    A little bit of history before England-Chile match:

June 1984
    Chile 0 England 0

May 1989:
    England 0 Chile 0

February 1998:
    England "B" 1 Chile "B" 2 (2 goals by Neira and 1 goal by Heskey)
    England 0 Chile 2 (2 goals by Salas)

revelationx repped this.
  4. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  5. maroonaviator4

Apr 25, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Note: Hi guys. I was messaged asking me to post this in this thread. So here you go.

“England vs. Uruguay: Comparing Two Traditional Football Nations (4:42)"

W.A.S.P. and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  6. CharlesinOsaka

CharlesinOsaka New Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Club:
    Brighton & Hove Albion FC
    #106 CharlesinOsaka, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. This one's a goody too:

Now, I do think the author of this video downsizes the fact that England
    a) Never participated in a World Cup before 1950 (although we wouldn't have won the ones prior anyways).
    b) That the Euro was invented in 1960. So we haven't had as many chances to win continental titles.

Still, it's really a rout isn't it. :laugh: Uraguay's history is beyond ridiculous. Not even "for a nation that size". They match up with the top greats going head to head.

7. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #107 YankBastard, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014

8. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    A lot of you guys will have seen this or remember the days of Italy 1990. I was out of England at this time all I got. if I was lucky was the once a year novelty show that is the FA Cup.

Mr's Scouse found this movie and picked it up for me. "One night in Turin" the story of England's efforts in the 1990 World Cup.
    Bloody shame the way the British Media treated Bobby Robson and the team. Like the Daily Mirror faking up stories about a couple of the married players and an Italian hostess. Lies about the team out drinking and partying all night. Hooliganism was at it's height and they went wild in Italy. The Italian police just rounded up everyone who spoke English and locked them away.
    Tough times that Sir Bobby and the team rose above and almost (Just one PK kick) pulled off a Cinderella ending.

[​IMG]
    "Before the Premier League and multi-million pound salaries, in England 'football' was a dirty word. The game was in disgrace, the fans, hooligans, the nation, it seemed, were all played out. Then there was Italia '90 - The World Cup - a shot at redemption. But this was no ordinary World Cup and no ordinary time. The manager, Sir Bobby Robson, was under intense media scrutiny, and his team described as 'donkeys'. Yet over six short weeks, through their heroic exploits they united a nation, coming within a heart beat of reaching the World Cup Final. Narrated by Gary Oldman, featuring match action - from Platt's last-gasp winner against Belgium to the silky skills of Gazza and the cool finishing of Linekar - and previously unseen footage, this is the definitive story of England's greatest footballing adventure on foreign soil....so far." Anonymous review.

9. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    IF you can find it the book the movie was based on is a really good read.

10. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Amazon have it in paperback for 79 cents, used, good condition.

No brainer there, I'll have that..:)

11. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Just make sure it is the full book - There is an edited version that was floating around (only about 80 pages)

Top 3 football book of all time.

usscouse repped this.