England v Holland prediction thread

Discussion in 'England' started by roverman, Jun 2, 2019.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Even with those players we are still lacking dribblers and players who can move with the ball from deep under pressure.

2. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Young Ajax players always get rated almost no matter what because they have a long tradition of bigger European clubs buying them. Remember last year when Justin Kluivert went to Roma and Mason Mount, who had a fantastic season for Vitesse? Both are the same age and had similar plaudits, but Mount went on loan to Derby. If he would've did what he did that year for Ajax he would've been linked with almost every big club.

My point is I'm not so sure if the likes of De Jong, De Ligt, and Van de Beek are as elite as people say they are. All there are talented players and should be taken seriously. However, if we play at a certain tempo and find ways to make them struggle there's every chance they'll start to unravel a bit since things aren't going their way.

3. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    Tomorrow is a strange one. I'd say it's one where I respect the Dutch team but certainly don't fear it as I just don't think their attack is up to much. I do worry about Rashford playing as the CF mind against such great CB's. We may not get that many chances and he's not exactly the most clinical player. Oh and please for the love of god can someone make sure he doesn't take free kicks like he does for United.

4. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Anyone else have the same nerves about tonight as they did the world cup? I do. Excitement, nervous, anticipation

5. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Like the one against cardiff? I'll take that (not literrally)

6. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    Was thinking more the dozens of others he took in the last few weeks of the season that landed in row z.

7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    If I’m honest, I don’t have anywhere near the same level of nerves like I did for the Semi final of the World Cup or even Euro 96 when we played the Germans, I was a mess that day. It’s probably because this is a new concept and I may feel differently in 10 years or so but at the moment it’s still new.

8. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Not just because it's new but because that's how the players and coaches are treating it. I mean, I'm sure they want to win, but if this was a World Cup semi then I really doubt that Southgate would be resting Kane. He's openly said that it's lower in the "batting order" than the two big tournaments.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  9. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Maybe its just me then :)

10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah exactly, hard to really get that excited about it tonight to be honest.

11. New
    Interesting stats about the number of minutes played by the Orange and England selection.It's often claimed the English football players schedule is vastly heavier than that of other leagues, let alone that of the Dutch.
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...l-zwaarder-dan-dat-van-de-engelsen~a05b64087/
    Seizoen van Oranje veel ‘zwaarder’ dan dat van de Engelsen

Het was een lang seizoen, een slopend seizoen. Vooral voor de voetballers van Oranje trouwens. De selectie heeft in totaal 87500 speelminuten in de benen. Dat is veel meer dan Engeland, vanavond tegenstander in de halve finale van de Nations League. De Engelsen stonden 74000 minuten op het veld. Een wezenlijk verschil.

Bart ter Huurne 06-06-19, 14:50

Orange season tougher than that of the English.
    It has been a long, a debilitating season. Especially for the Orange players. The selection has in total 87500 minutes of playing time in the legs. That's alot more than England, this evening the opponent in the NL semi final. The English were 74000 minutes on the pitch. A substantial difference.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. :ROFLMAO:
    When the Orange team landed in Lagos, Portuguese curious came asking what the Orange team was doing there and if they were going to play a friendly. It escaped them Portugal itself was host and semi finalist of the NL.:D...o_O...:(

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  13. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It wasn't just you. I had it too, mate.

Feel so let down with how the way it all unfolded.

roverman repped this.