England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Swansea want Ryan Bennett from Peterborough.

2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Spurs' Adam Smith has gone to Leeds for the rest of the season. Good move for him stepping up a division.

3. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Marvin Sordell to Bolton?

4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Yeah, that will be an interesting one. £3 million is pretty cheap too.

5. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ravel Morrison signed for West Ham

6. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pacy player, someone like Fraizer Campbell if I am not wrong.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    ^ He ended up signing for Norwich City.

8. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I remember Bennett getting a lot of hype at Grimsby, good to see him make his way up to the Prem. I heard he's staying at Peterborough for a month on loan first.

This should push him into the England U21 reckoning.

9. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seen Posh play a few times because of Tunnicliffe and Wotton, and I think Bennett will make it to the EPL easily, very good aerially and not slow on ground, also have a nice timing for tackles.

10. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Heard Nathan Redmond scored a great goal for Birmingham again tonight.

11. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He should be in the latest U19 squad. Could then play in the qualifiers that are coming up.

U21's only have one qualifying game left now. So can't understand the point of him getting the call yet?

12. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Eastick takes charge of the U21's for the Belgium game. Unbelievable but not surprising.

13. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    :rolleyes: Eastick is a bit of a relic that should have been replaced by now. But yeah, like you said, it's not surprising.

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Hughton on Jack Butland -

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co...an-deal-Jack/story-15188129-detail/story.html

15. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For me he's the one outstanding prospect we have in goal, has stood out in England games even more than Hart did. Hope he gets over the injury and keeps progressing on loan.

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Moyes on Rodwell's injuries -

17. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Hopefully England can produce some quality keepers. Apart from Hart, we are pretty thin on the ground - Carson, Kirkland and Foster have all disappointed massively.

18. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Butland is class... Similar to Hart

19. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Hopefully he can fulfil his potential. We had high hopes for Foster, Carson and Kirkland too. While these players have done well as Pros, they will never be remembered as great keepers. Hart might do, hopefully Butland too.

20. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Butland would be my second choice keeper...I've seen enough of him to know he has the ability, and moreover, the grit it takes in the trenches.. He was the lone standout in the U-20 tourney..

21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Feel bad for Gary Gardner playing in that team. Barely getting a touch because of their direct style. They were worse than Stoke today.

22. gunner-zp

gunner-zp Member

Dec 16, 2010
    England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  23. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
  24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    That Daily Mail article is very small and it's also on the Mirror's football site. So looks like they have ripped off someone elses story and just added a few names that Levein has already been linked to to create their story.

After a bit of googling it seems to be this one about Matt Phillips that they have took the story from -

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/301786

A few things about Phillips switching are odd. Firstly Stuart Pearce apparently went to see him to tell him not to do so. If this is true then why the hell has he been picking so few wide options during this campaign? It's one thing not to be selected but to be not getting picked when nobody in the squad is taking your place is ridiculous.

Pearce's squad selections with regards to wide options all campaign have made no sense, especially when he's been telling the players he does pick to play it out wide so much. We are very lucky that Ivory Coast have not called up Zaha yet because he's been in good form all season and has been completely ignored too.

Not that I'm saying calling up Phillips would have changed his decision. It seems to have come at the same time as Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's run of form. Maybe that had an influence? I remember when Levein wanted Carroll he kept putting out quotes in the media saying stuff like it will be hard for him to get into the England team etc.

Phillips was one of those that pretty much sacrificed his chances of starting at Blackpool by missing pre-season to go to the U20 World Cup and now he's apparently declared for Scotland. He seemed happy enough to prove himself to England then.

25. SirWellingtonSilva

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC