England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Lewis Cook back in training for Bournemouth. Pretty certain he won't be back for the Euros but it's still good news.

2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

Can’t get my head around this from the FA! Choudhury has already apologised for tweets he made when he was a kid, I’m sure we have all done stupid things as a kid, I know I have but they still fine him 5k and send him on education course. Then in another situation the FA let off Hennessey for a Nazi salute that he apparently didn’t realise what it meant! Our FA are incompetent wallies!

sharpovic, W.A.S.P. and David Hurford repped this.
  3. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    The "education course" has nasty Orwellian after-taste to it. It's one thing to fine certain behaviour, but it's another to try and mandate how people are supposed to think. I do not like that at all.

ESBFC123, David Hurford and TopBanana10 repped this.
  4. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Don’t be so dramatic. He’ll have to do a 10 minute online course and watch a video or something. This is the correct way to handle something like this and getting all dramatic just makes it into a bigger deal.

5. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    The only people being dramatic about this are the organizations handing out fines and education courses to adults for things they tweeted as children. There was not much of anything to "handle" in the first place.

ESBFC123, sharpovic, RobTheFool and 5 others repped this.
  6. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Well said

ESBFC123 repped this.
  7. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

hussar repped this.
  8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Apparently Everton might be wanting to send Jonjoe Kenny out on loan next season. At 22 years old, surely he’s better off looking at a permanent move away at this stage? He really needs to move somewhere where he can be first choice right back for a long period of time as no doubt Everton will buy another right back anyway.

While we’re at it, sell Lookman as well for his own good!

ESBFC123, Garibaldi11 and David Hurford repped this.
  9. Sam1010

Sam1010 Member

Charlton
    England
    Apr 10, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wonder what plans they have for Holgate and Dowell given their loan spells.
    I totally agree about Lookman, they should have sold him last year,even though I think he's better than Bernard.

10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I have to be honest and say and I suspect Dowell will find it very tough to break through at Everton next season. In fact I just can’t see it happening at all so either another loan or maybe he’s better off trying to get a permanent transfer away to a Club that can properly invest time to really get the best out of him.

11. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Think Wilder said he wants to bring him back to Sheff Utd.

12. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Pivotal goal scored by Mount today.

13. Sam1010

Sam1010 Member

Charlton
    England
    Apr 10, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He was great in the second half, him and Bogle in particular upped the tempo for Derby.

14. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    #9640 TopBanana10, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    It will be really interesting to see what happens with him next season club wise.

He’s missed the last couple of U21 squads through injury but he can’t be overlooked for the Euros.

15. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Reece James will get a call to the U21's according to Alan Nixon Twitter.

W.A.S.P. and David Hurford repped this.
  16. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Brilliant. Would start him in midfield to be honest.

David Hurford repped this.
  17. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Is there much between Gunn and Henderson?

18. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Gunn is a better keeper in my eyes. Henderson has been brilliant for Sheffield and I wouldn't be surprised atall if united kept him and used him this season. That being said, I would like him to go back to Sheffield on loan and show his qualities in the prem. For me, he's more of a prospect at the moment. He could turn out to be better then gunn but I want to see him tested at the hifhtsh level.

19. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019

20. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Marcho Gamgee and David Hurford repped this.
  21. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All confirmed and done.

22. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    That moved pretty quickly. Good business by Bournemouth getting in there early.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Good move for him. Has always impressed in his England youth appearances. Will be useful to have a young left sided CB hopefully starting in the PL. Only minor worry is that they end up playing him as a left back. He can play it but he is much better and has a higher ceiling as a CB.

24. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Got to like Eddie Howe's transfer recruitment policy, so much more interesting than a lot of premier league clubs.

Although he does have a Roberto Martinez like ability for the defence to remain awful regardless of who he signs so from that perspective Kelly may struggle a bit.