England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PalaceAcad

PalaceAcad New Member

Crystal Palace
    England
    Jul 14, 2018
    AWB was superb this afternoon.

Gaz811 and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  2. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Max Kilman (97 born left back), who got 25 England caps in futsal, is on the bench for Wolves for the first time I think.

3. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    A hat-trick of assists for Kyle Walker-Peters in the first half against Bournemouth today.

4. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    3 starts in a week for Hamza Choudhury v City (x2) and Chelsea. Think he'll have a solid career, not exactly someone i've got high hopes for. But they are also the types of players it's nice to see getting a shot in the league and ones we need more of.

5. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Not much more than a curiosity, but he's a rare British Asian in the Premier League too.

6. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Nothing flashy about Choudhury but he's a good all round player from what I've seen in the last 2 games. I like Puel, gets a lot of stick but he's a good tactician and plays a lot of english players ! Maddison had a pretty good game today, Chillwell was excellent.

hussar repped this.
  7. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Chilwell's consistently excellent these days. Has a decent shout to be considered the second-best left-back in the Premier League this season. I think only Robertson is clearly ahead of him.

8. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    I agree, and he's getting better and better. Evades pressure for fun which is vital at international level

9. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Sheffield United have signed Kieran Dowell on loan for the rest of the season.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  10. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    The Potter and hussar repped this.
  11. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    If the Solanke deal goes through it’s only really the two keepers that will struggle for potential game opportunities. Brad Collins has played games but maybe it’s too late to bring someone else in now.

hussar repped this.
  12. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nathan Baxter would be a great choice for a look in goal but England have never called him up despite him playing 100+ games in non-league and now League 2. I expect part of that is that the teams he was at wouldn't have been able to postpone their matches during international windows but he's easily good enough to have had a cap by now.

13. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  14. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    There's some suggestion that Schalke are now interested in Solanke, but I don't know how credible. Probably mainly to get them through their injury crisis, so it might not be his best option anyway.

15. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    According to Sky the Schalke rumours are false and the Palace link is still on.

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Angus Gunn now getting a chance after McCarthy’s errors in the last game -

17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  18. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Oh this is very frustrating. He must get a loan this month for the sake of his career.

19. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    W.A.S.P. and David Hurford repped this.
  20. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    I'm surprised Liverpool gave up on Solanke so quickly but I think that's a good opportunity for him to establish himself in the Premier League.

Abraham has been linked with a similar move to Wolves which I think would be voog for him as well.

W.A.S.P., David Hurford and hussar repped this.
  21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He’s still not going to be the main guy in his preferred role unless Wilson moves on. It seems as if already he’s got a bit of a reputation (very unfairly imo) for not being good enough at PL level. I think he needs regular starts in a central role but will he get that? Might be a bench impact option, which doesn’t really suit him.

Those would be my fears regarding the move. There are obvious positives and I am really hoping it is a success.

22. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Wasn't there talk of Wilson to Chelsea?

23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Apparently the fee is £19 million :eek:! Great business from a Liverpool prospective who signed him for what...3 million and has hardly played for them.
    Hope he does well at Bournemouth though and gets his career back on track.

24. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    I think its a great move. Apart from wilson who else fo they have? Even if wilson plays hell get ple ty of game time. The fee also suggests bournmouth think so too

25. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Also I think Wilson will be sold in the summer. Howe maybe thinks Solanke will be their main striker next season, and this spring he will be patiently sped up to that level.