England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Anyone know if Chillwell is injured? He's not in the Leicester match day Squad from what I can see and he played the last game and played well, so just thought it would be odd if he was dropped.

2. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He has a knee injury it seems.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  3. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  4. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Jenks and hussar repped this.
  5. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Not getting much of a shout out but Joe Williams has been Barnsley's best player this season. According to a few Barnsley fans I speak to, he has been a revelation.

JRSG and hussar repped this.
  6. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Dowell is in truly fantastic form: six goals and two assists in his last four Championship start.
    As for Williams, it's good to see a proper defensive midfielder doing great, because England have a shortage on this front.
    Everton loanees doing well - except Liam Walsh who is inexplicably ignored at a piss poor Birmingham team.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  7. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Always liked Dowell but such a WIP so needed this loan move badly and just needs to keep playing. On Saturday he was unplayable. Some touches were sublime. One single touch on the edge of our box allowed us to rip QPR apart and get to their box in under 10 seconds.

His off the ball work is improving. Sometimes he is knocked off the ball but he is getting stronger and it is happening less. Just now about dominating more games more regularly now.

Tyler Walker. Looking an absolute beast with his strong direct running style (almost similar to his good friend Burke). His initial spell in our first team - Dougie Freedman mis-used him and he was young. The last 2 years have been frustrating because in between injuries his loan spells have been fruitful. He is here in a big way and means business.

hussar repped this.
  8. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    And this England u21 team could do with a deeper-lying midfielder now.

When I saw they Walsh move late on I knew it would be a failure. Typical Redknapp not getting what he wants so going to last resort and did they ever need him ? Realistically Redknapp was always going to get the chop. Now they have Cotter-nil - one of the most inept and historic football managers walking the planet.

hussar repped this.
  9. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Birmingham are leaving Walsh, Boga and Bramall out in favour of inferior alternatives but haven't scored in four and have one (honeymoon) win in six, and just two in 15. Strikes me as Cotterill trying to distance himself from Redknapp's transfer policy and trying to be his own manager, but he's ********ing inept. Sooner he's sacked as well the better.

hussar repped this.
  10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

11. ChipBatch

ChipBatch New Member

England
    Nov 6, 2017
    Hi guys.

Does anyone know if there's any way to watch this Friday's game without going to Kiev? Can't see it in TV listings. Can't see it in bet365 streaming schedule.

Thanks.

12. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nothing is for certain but I've watched quite a few U21 games when not televised in the U.K. on the site below. If it's on, it comes under football news but won't know until it's basically kick off. Compatible for Iphones/Ipad.

http://www.hesgoal.com/

13. ChipBatch

ChipBatch New Member

England
    Nov 6, 2017
    Thanks.

14. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Both the Welsh matches are being televised, if anyone is interested. :sick:

15. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Further to this, the San Marino v England game wasn't televised but the FA streamed it live on their youtube channel, but only announced it on the day. I suspect they'll do this for the U21 games that don't get picked up (which will be the away ones).

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Onomah is a big loss, especially with Boothroyd as coach.

17. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Chillwell is a bigger loss. Guarantees KWP at left back and instantly makes us less fluid. Not a knock on KWP, he's just not a left back.

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    With three out, one would think there must be some replacements called up. I don't have much faith though as history says the FA are not keen on replacements for reason.

19. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Sam Field drafted in to replace Tom Davies. Good job this is only one game.

20. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I would rather have KWP there than start without Onomah in that deeper role. Pretty painful watching the other options come deep to try and build play up. I assume we are going to play pure counter attack now anyway.

21. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Maybe he is considering his future and not accepting either call up. Or maybe Boothroyd doesn't rate him as this would seem an ideal opportunity.

22. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    I think he's as good on the left and was one of the reasons England controlled possession in most games at the world cup.

23. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Harrison is out.

I think the Squad is down to 19.

24. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Could be a tricky game. With five CMs either injured or promoted or both, it's kind of impressive that we can put out a credible team at all.

25. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    #8300 ChristianSur, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017