England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He did an interview saying Capello should come and see his players. Quite a few stood out so it will be interesting to see if any get picked.

2. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Yeah it's just a case of whether they can keep up their form now. Nathan Dyer might have some obstacles as the media would bring up his past when he was charged for burglary.

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Doubt that will be an issue. Not enough of a problem anyway.

I think Zaha might finally get his call up because Pearce has been watching. A few players out though like Ameobi and Butterfield.

4. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We dont have a backup RB anyway, we got cover in Smalling and Jones but with Rio aging we need them in defense and perhaps midfield in Jones case. Rafael doesnt get injured alot actually, had a consistent run since he came and was out with a shoulder surgery but yeah its a big season and we are a fullback short.

5. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How would you describe him as a player, seen him a few times but not enough to formulate an opinion.

6. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Hopefully it won't, he is playing some good stuff recently.
    Typical of Pearce to be only showing an interest now though isn't it? He has really dragged his heels with Zaha.

I feel sorry for the injured ones though, especially Butterfield. Apparently Newcastle were showing big interest interest in him and preparing to make a move but that won't happen now.

7. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Scotland are now worse than Ireland for using all FIFA's dodgy rules. jordan rhodes was another "school rule" pick. They're comedians .

8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    really excited to hear that Josh may make his full debut for Swansea tomorrow

hope this turns out to be a good move for him

9. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    in his, and Scotlands, defense...he's been a Scotland supporter his entire life.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12017/7303582/Rhodes-to-glory

practically grew up there and supported their side.

i don't blame him at all.

10. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Fake patriot quotes that all their other plastic picks gave out to the media. Like mackie who came out with some rubbish like "oooh me and my grandma always discussed how I would play for scotland" . A load of fiction .

11. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009
    With the, ahem, "diversity" there is down south, I'm surprised it doesn't happen much more often.

12. Claret&BlueArmy

Claret&BlueArmy New Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Gary Gardner starts his first Premier League game today, about time!

13. Claret&BlueArmy

Claret&BlueArmy New Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Excellent performance in probably the most open game I've seen all season. Done himself no harm.

Wolves went downhill when Frimpong went off injured who was probably the best player on the pitch till then. Very impressed by him today, bothdefensivley and on the ball.

14. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    i'd lean towards taking his quotes over your assumptions.

15. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    yeah he is a big time patriot for a country he lived in for 3 years and has zero blood links to. Not that I give a crap about the arguing the toss about some league one player .Believe whatever the fck you want .

16. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    shrug, i'm not bothered either. i'm just saying i see Rhodes' point. if you read the article i linked, you'll find that it was more than 3.

Many people don't realise Rhodes spent the first 10 years of his life in Scotland, where his father Andy played for Dunfermline, St Johnstone and Airdrie.

"I have spent a lot of time in Scotland and my childhood was very much there so I feel committed and I cannot wait to try and get a result in Cyprus," he continued.

17. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    fck him I say.. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out...

18. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If it happens much more often the majority of the Scotland team will be from England...

19. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    it's when they wait until half way through their playing career to 'find' a connection that is a bit bothersome. or flirt between two countries - admittedly that does get to me. i can see why Blanc was so frustrated with the setup in France. train all these former colony players who are born/raised in FR, who then in turn opt for Senegal or the Ivory Coast later on down the line.

i suppose, however, it is now the mark of the modern game.

20. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Good loan for Tom Carroll going to Derby County. Liking all of these Spurs loans. Credit to Harry and co for that.

21. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Harry is probably paid a fee for each loan he makes! ;)

Tax-free, of course!

22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    :) Would be interesting to know these fees for loans. As long as they are good for the individual's development then I'm happy.

23. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There is no fee for youth loans. or even wages most of the time :D But the players can train a day or two a week at the parent club and can be recalled outside of the window.

Carroll did very well at Orient last season, hopefully this goes the same way, another step up.

24. campbell91

campbell91 New Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlan...h-happy-to-be-playing-again-66331-30219778/2/

Birmingham City: Jordon Mutch happy to be playing again

MODEST Jordon Mutch shrugged off claims that his return to the team has coincided with Blues recent upturn in fortunes.
    But there’s no hiding behind the stats which provide happy reading for the 20-year-old ace. Since the midfield maestro has put his injury nightmare behind him Blues have not lost a game that he has featured in. His dynamic displays have been the catalyst of their recent success which has seen Chris Hughton’s men emerge as serious promotion contenders.
    But getting Mutch to admit that is a lot harder than one would expect.
    “It’s good that we haven’t lost, but it’s the team performance not just me,” he said. “The team is playing really well and I just want to keep that going and hopefully we can have a really good run.

“We are strong at home which is the foundation that we need.
    “It’s pleasing to hear (that I’m getting praise for my performances) but it’s a collective team effort.
    “I just want this run to continue and we all need to stick together to make that happen.
    “The fans have been brilliant and they have helped us because they get behind us every game and that makes it difficult for the opposition.
    “We are playing well, we’re putting the ball in the back of the net quite a lot so that helps.
    “Obviously I’m happy to be on the pitch again playing week in, week out.
    “I’m looking ahead for the games where we have two games in a week because I just want to play.
    “There’s been lots of games, but we’re footballers and we like playing games.
    “If it was always like that it would be great,
    “I’d love to play two games every single week, so keep them coming!”
    Injuries have been cruel to the Derby-born midfielder but he has never dropped his head and sulked about his misfortune.
    In August he broke his ankle during a training session after starting the first game of the season against Derby – the club where former Academy director Terry Westley lured him away from.
    It was a bitter blow for the England Under-21 international who was also once sidelined in a wheelchair when freak growth spurts resulted in fractures to both feet.
    In December he returned and came off the bench in Blues’ final Europa League tie against Maribor at St Andrews.
    Since then he has come on leaps and bounds and he believes that staying strong mentally has helped him through.
    “There has been a lot of different things that I’ve improved on since I got injured,” he added.
    “Now I just want to keep on getting stronger and better and help the team continue this decent run that we’re on.

“The injury was just a set-back really, but I’m back on it now and playing games again so all I’m looking is forward now.
    “It was tough but it was just a setback and everyone gets them.
    “I haven’t really looked at it in a negative way,
    “I took as many positives out of it as I could and the aim was just to get back fit which is where I am today.
    “It felt like it went really quick to be honest.
    “It’s made me stronger as a person and as a player. I’ve learned a lot from those injuries.”
    Mutch is no longer a teenager after turning 20 last month and is showing signs that he is maturing as a player.
    Hughton has always played down his importance to keep the pressure off him but Mutch feels as though he is ready for the added responsibility.
    “I feel ready for the pressure yes,” he continued.
    “I’m happy as long as I’m myself and I know what I’m doing on the pitch.
    “There’s pressure everywhere in football so I’m just happy to be getting on with it.
    “My loan move to Watford helped me become a man.
    “Now the years seem to be going a bit too quick to be honest, I want to be back at 17 again!
    “I’m happy at the moment playing football games and I don’t want that to change.
    “But a lot has changed.
    “I’m around men every day now, I’m not a kid anymore.
    “I’ve got to be more mature around the place. It’s all those sort of things really.
    “The lads are great with the banter, It’s a really tight group and everyone gets on with each other which helps.”

25. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    "It was a bitter blow for the England Under-21 international who was also once sidelined in a wheelchair when freak growth spurts resulted in fractures to both feet."

!!

he set up Redmond's goal this weekend.