England Under 15 Discussion Thread #1 (2009 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by zanyk, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Lost 0-3...

2. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    Safe to say a hell of a lot to learn from the trip for everyone involved

3. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    What players missing to come in and improve the squad will be interesting

4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Was going to say and obviously it’s hard to guess but was this our current best squad assembled at this stage?

5. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    We obviously don't know where they fell short on this trip and I am sure the players and coaching staff would have learnt from it. It is early days as we have said during the tournament.

Clearly missing a few players that were in both previous squads.

1. Darko Gyabi (CM)
    2. Shola Shoretire (ACM)
    3. Dane Scarlett (CF)
    4. Terence Miles (CM)
    5. Alex Matos (WF)

From a wide-players perspective I don't think Cho, Cannonier, Matos will make much of an improvement on Spencer, Bynoe-Gittens, Thomas, Mubama.

From what I could see from the Italy game the England identity of passing out from the back was there even if mistakes did happen from keeper forward.

The midfield was sliced through by Italy quite often though but the camera work wasn't great to identify the issues and why it was happening.

David Hurford repped this.
  6. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    Will likely be plenty of 2004s that didn’t even get to a camp yet to

7. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    To score 7 goals in open play and 6 of them being against Qatar tells me lot to work on there against better quality defences. The USA goal was pen I believe. Is a Playmaker needed?? More quality wide areas?? Another striker ??

Defensively conceding 3 to the Czechs and Turkey isn’t great. Where were the weaknesses?

It’s good to see that with the success of England teams recently at youth level and with all the infrastructure in place we still have lots to learn especially when comes to tournament footy. At lot of these lads are at bigger clubs that go on more tours than most as well. I look forward to
    Seeing how things go for this age in coming years. I’m sure the lads know it isn’t great but still very early in their football
    Journey.

8. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    That is an interesting thought and you got to wonder how often it has happened in recent seasons that players who weren't in the initial camps got selected during u15, u16, u17 age groups. With the keeper camps they have looked at over 100 2004s I reckon at these camps.

Club u18 debuts

Goalkeeper
    Remy Mitchell

Defenders
    James Clarridge
    Stefan Parkes
    Xavier Benjamin

Midfielder
    Darko Gyabi

Attacking-mid
    Shola Shoretire

Centre-Forwards
    Antwoine Hackford

Tmaxi repped this.
  9. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    There be lots not looked at yet. Likes of Kane rashford Alli maguire just the first four I checked on Wikipedia didn’t start till u17. Naturally the first couple of years the older lads will take preference (u15) then starts to balance out as physicality evens up. Still a lot of good u14s not even been to a camp. At rovers we have an 03 (u15)Harry Leonard who scored for u18s at weekend. He is having a remarkable season. I saw him in Portugal in ibercup and he scored 11/12 goals from midfield. He is top scorer for the u16s and If he doesn’t get to go to have a go at a camp I will be amazed as he deserves it.

10. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Definitely will be post u17 but I do reckon the The FA scouts & coaches back their judgements and work from the camps. In recent years they have been very exhaustive on selection on not just club u15s but also club u14s.

There will certainly be many like Harry Leonard that is for sure. He will get selected if they feel he deserves it.

Lets not forget they are looking for specific types of players these days so it may come down to preference for the team identity.

11. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A bit of fame for Oakley Cannonier...

Jenks, David Hurford and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Ha ! Was just about to come and post that.

13. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019

Brilliant

14. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    George Chmiel Blackburn u14 been called up to Polands 2004 (u15) training camp next week.

15. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    What a great story. Id love to see liverpool go on and win it now because they play great football in the right spirit

16. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    I don't really understand how it is seen as a story that ballboys were instructed to give the ball back quickly when trying to win the game?!

It's seen as this genius bit of thinking, and that Barca switch off etc.....is it not just an obvious tactic to employ when trying to win a game up and down the football league!

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  17. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    https://skauci.uk/powolania-na-konsultacje-szkoleniowa-reprezentacji-u15/

Hopefully be few more rovers lads in next 12 months getting international experience under their belt to aid their development. For all what’s happened since the venkys took over, the club is showing real signs of recovery. The academy and cat one status has helped and with lads getting first team chances it will become an even more attractive club for youngsters to join to learn and develop. Especially with the competition for u9 signatures in the north west.

18. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    For the 2004 group we first started to hear names around 10 June.

19. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    From blackburn leo duru maybe in with a shout and Rio pemberton. From city I think Nico o reilly be nailed on. Also Alfie Harrison

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  20. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    Apparently George Chmiel did well over in Poland on his first camp. Scored a goal in both practice games they had and was called up to play Slovakia Hungary and Finland in a tournament in Finland but he was unavailable due to family holiday at same time.

21. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #1522 Garibaldi11, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Malaki Thomas of WBA is in.

22. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England