England Under 15 Discussion Thread #1 (2009 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by zanyk, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Tmaxi

Tmaxi Member

Arsenal
    England
    Jun 25, 2018
    Shola going to Austria next week for pre-season tour with the United U18s and U23s.

2. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks for that, interesting. I gather the penny may have dropped, but I don't know how many received the memo, and am still waiting to see any changes with my own eyes.

I've long found it weird how players, even at the highest level won't even do the very basics with the weaker foot, resulting in corners being given away instead of clearing upfield and even kicking the ball in their own nets. Then so many players insist on using the outside of the favoured foot all the time when passing, when the instep of the other foot would likely be more accurate and with a better controlled weighting. (more effective but not as spectacular).

Tmaxi repped this.
  3. United689908

United689908 Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Think The Guardian has been banned

4. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    That makes it two bannings for him now.

5. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    I think he was banned from several other forums before, didn't learn anything from it apparently.

itsonlymemate repped this.
  6. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    #1131 zXen, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    It was the Politics forum before. He was allowed back if he stayed here.

7. dakid

dakid Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Why?

8. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Eh, I'd still rather have him here discussing stuff, life's less fun if we're all in agreement, and he brings a different perspective that I like to consider, abrasive or not.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  9. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    With you Juni.

He can rub you up the wrong way but it's his way of expressing his thoughts that you are welcome to agree or not to agree with.

I've enjoyed having The Guardian on the forum for all these years. Some people have to put up with him and if it us and his football thoughts so be it :D

10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    The Guardian is obviously an acquired taste and when he sticks to football he is worth reading. However he has been warned numerous times about his aggressive behaviour, name calling and other things. He was given a final warning by the higher up moderators near to the end of last year. They were prepared to ban him then because of his actions. So I can't really do anything now. It is up to the main mods on the site to decide if he is allowed back.

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Along with Oscar Massey there is also Brandon Pursall. Not sure if he’s been mentioned, apologies if so.

12. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I'm guessing he'll be back in some form.

Honestly though, the stuff about embracing different perspectives is a total red herring. You could take any two commenters here and they'll probably have disagreed a number of times, but nobody else indulges in that sort of relentless needling or posts the same thing seventy-three times just to get a reaction, nobody else turns every minor difference of opinion into at least a three-page running battle, and nobody else tries repeatedly to chase off "newbies" from a public forum, who might have something to add themselves. If he could just agree to disagree when an argument is clearly played out, then perhaps he wouldn't keep getting banned all over the place.

13. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1015516794860208128 is not a valid tweet id

14. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    He's pretty knowledgeable on the young talents even if I don't think I've ever agreed with one thing he said about football. Never been my problem though, I disagree with other ppl on here and I enjoy debating about it, I just find him extremely annoying and rude in the way he expresses his opinions.

15. kingeric07

kingeric07 Member

man united
    England
    May 31, 2018
    kbarrett2316 repped this.
  16. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Thank you. I've been trying to figure out what tournament they are at, and couldn't find anything. Much appreciated

David Hurford repped this.
  17. RogerNelson

RogerNelson Member

Arsenal
    England
    Jan 7, 2018
    This is the tour in Florida I saw spurs first match. They drew 0-0 then lost on pen

18. RogerNelson

RogerNelson Member

Arsenal
    England
    Jan 7, 2018
    Looks like a big tournament saw some players missing from Chelsea and spurs

19. kbarrett2316

kbarrett2316 Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Something going on next month.

Jadel Katongo (Manchester City) is in.

20. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Still selection camps.

Derby keeper Alfie Roberts too.

21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Tuesday 28th - Friday 31st August 2018 is the date for selection camp 3.

David Hurford repped this.
  22. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Who do you reckon was missing from us? Only Forson as far as I can tell. I'd also say Max Hudson but I haven't seen him for a year, so don't even know if he's at the club, though I'd be surprised if we released him based on his appearances at Riga

23. RogerNelson

RogerNelson Member

Arsenal
    England
    Jan 7, 2018
    Yeah I notice not seeing Max, Forson or Donay. Maybe they on holiday or something

24. Skips

Skips New Member

Arsenal
    England
    Apr 25, 2017
    IG, when I read what you write on the spurs forum, your knowledge of u16 downwards is not like the olders so here’s some information. Besides the Norwegian keeper, a Latvian keeper now u16 has been signed for scholarship year also after trailing near to the end of last season. Trouble for Tim and Toby. By the way Toby hasn’t really played well since u13/14s. (I noticed u call him highly rated). Donnay and Max have been released since April and that’s when Omari did what he did at West Ham and walked out hoping another club will buy him so there’s your answer to where he is. Where he’s going, no one knows at this point. Also 2 u16s have been told they can leave but it’s not my place to bait their names. You will find out somehow or another though

kbarrett2316 repped this.
  25. RogerNelson

RogerNelson Member

Arsenal
    England
    Jan 7, 2018

Didn't no Max got released he was good what are Tottenham doing over there a lot of their best players leaving, Noni, Marcus and players like Reo having second thoughts but these Academies don't surprise me.

Didn't no Forson left either,Found this about Forson.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...n-battle-Tottenham-teenager-Omari-Forson.html

David Hurford and kbarrett2316 repped this.