England U-20 Discussions Thread (2004 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Apr 4, 2015.

1. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Looking at the list of CM I'm struggling to understand how he cannot even make the bench. Ipswich have the 2nd worst attack in the league, doesn't Lambert think he could do with his passing ability to unlock defenses, at least for 30 mn ? Dozzell is wasting his time right now.

2. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Reece James playing midfield for Wigan today. I do feel his future isn't at right back, he's a little too slow and too talented with the ball to be a right back in my opinion.

David Hurford repped this.
  3. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Full-backs need to be good on the ball too. Everybody does nowadays.

ESBFC123 repped this.
  4. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Callum Slattery had his full debut today, most Southampton fans say did well. Good to see Hasenhüttl trusts youth there.

5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I like the way he seems to be running things from a squad perspective. Really trimmed down the Squad size to 18 so I believe and then uses the Youth players to back them up.

ESBFC123, hussar and TopBanana10 repped this.
  6. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    He won MOTM playing midfield in the FA Cup after coming on for 30 minutes. Yesterday was his first full game there, check out some of the tweets from Wigan fans on his account after he posted about the match.

He got 90% pass completion yesterday. I doubt there are many full backs that can switch into midfield and do so well.

7. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    He was back on the bench on Saturday, but realistically hasn't really impressed in (m)any of his games this season. He looks a player that would benefit from a loan move into the Dutch league or similar.

8. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Top-level full-backs who could do that in the Championship? There are loads. He's simply not too good on the ball to be a top full-back - there's no such thing. He may be too slow, I don't honestly know.

sharpovic repped this.
  9. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    But have the other midfielders impressed ? Wouldn't be surprised if a PL club makes an offer.

10. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Chalobah, Downes and more recently Bishop have all outperformed him in there.

I imagine he'll go in the summer, regardless of our divisional status - but it is a very important move for him to get right

11. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    He's not been in a squad since the Euro's, but Ben Morris' season is over after a cruciate operation

12. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Not sure which thread is for but according to some posters on Redcafe, Callum Gribbin has quit football, anyone heard anything?

He had a lot of ability.

13. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    When do we expect squad announcements ? Thursday/Friday ?

Probably be more or less the Toulon squad.

Thursday 21 March
    v Poland

Tuesday 26 March
    v Portugal

14. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Thursday, i'm guessing.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  15. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Usually the day after the senior squad announcement.

16. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    lots of attitude issues apparently, drinking, some days doesn't even show up. Some just don't have the mental strength to make it unfortunately

17. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    I had heard that he was a difficult character. The club gave him a 4 year deal when he was 17 I believe so they rated him very highly. I was speaking to a Liverpool who saw him live a couple of years back and he said Gribbin would be top level but I was always sceptical because of the rumours about his ego etc

18. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    David Hurford repped this.
  19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    If they sell AWB then that could be a great move for James even though I’m not sure Chelsea would sell would they? Our right back options in a few years time are going to be ridiculous.

20. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Plenty of interest for this age group and others in tonight's main Sky game - Bristol City v Ipswich

Trev Chalobah and Andre Dozzell start in midfield for Ipswich, plus Teddy Bishop ('96) on the bench and Richard Wright's son Harry ('98)

Bristol City have Lloyd Kelly starting and Jay DaSilva and Kasey Palmer on the bench.

Also keep an eye out for CB Adam Webster, played for U19s a few years back but is really coming into his own, looks like one who could make the step up to PL and push on from there, you won';t see a CB better on the ball in this league.

Plus ITFC full backs are Josh Emmanuel ('97) and Myles Kenlock ('96)

David Hurford, hussar and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  21. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #1921 Garibaldi11, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Good to see re: Dozzell

Like him a lot and whilst opportunities have been few and far between since his injury come back it is time he shows his obvious potential at Championship level to keep a starting spot now.

I think I did tell you on twitter but was really impressed with Jack Lankester earlier in the season at the City Ground. Hopefully be back soon.

Good luck for tonight mate but not Saturday :thumbsup::D

22. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    He's come from nowhere really, but has been excellent this season - has a stress fracture to his back so not sure we'll see him again this season

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  23. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    It is the only reason they would go for him.

A lot depends on Chelsea and where they are I would imagine. Crunch summer and period for James, Mount, CHO, Abraham particularly but obviously a few others too.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  24. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    BarryfromEastenders and hussar repped this.
  25. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, a 99 born winger made his debut for Derby against Stoke tonight, he's very highly rated at the Academy there.