England U-20 Discussions Thread (2004 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Apr 4, 2015.

1. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    It doesn’t say on there anymore that he is injured, it definitely did the other day. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is waiting for Germany.

Wan-Bissaka getting sent off on his debut! He must have made an impression on someone at least.

2. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    He has tweeted that he is injured.

I do feel like he is a player that there's a good chance we could lose though. It'll be tough for him to break into our U21s anytime soon and I have a feeling the Germans are entering a fallow period.

3. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nmecha will have a harder experience X5 breaking through with Germany. Tbh their U17-20's don't look as good as they have for the last several years, but the talent they have at the U21 level and up is ridiculous.

4. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    The attackers in their current U21s side are very underwhelming. I think we've been slowly approaching this point for a while and this U21 side is the first real sparse looking one from them.

5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Well, their U19's are currently losing 4-2 to Norway so you could be right.
    Still they have so much depth at U21,U20 level that maybe they can afford a few lean years for a short time before a new batch comes through.

6. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Their U20s + U21s aren't great in this cycle either tbh.

7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  8. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Apparently he's rather good, doesn't give the ball away. Not in Ruben Neves's class admittedly, but it's a joke he's playing at that level.

9. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    His brother Romario made his Guinea-Bissau debut a few days ago.

10. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    He had a good breakthrough season for Leeds last year and won the Toulon Tournament with England but this season he has been in and out of the Leeds team.

He also prefers to play for Portugal if possible

11. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Are you basing that on recent quotes or old ones? This is what he said last summer on the subject:

“It was a privilege to put the shirt on and a privilege to play for England because I’ve been living here for quite a long time now. To win the [Toulon] tournament and put the winning penalty away as well, that topped it off. I could have gone and played for Portugal but I spoke with my family, with a few family members who are from Portugal, and I came to a conclusion. The decision was mine so I picked England. It was based on family stuff.”

12. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Yeah, it must have been an old quote. Hopefully he can start impressing at club level again now he has declared!

13. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  14. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Currently 2-0

Willock and Davis (pen)

15. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
  16. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Quite impressive. We're so much better than most nations at youth level at the moment, hopefully this domination will be transfered to the seniors at some point. We definitely have the talent, they just need to find opportunities.

17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Good to see Marcus Edwards make a late appearance and his debut for Norwich this afternoon. Only 6 mins but that's got to be at least a good sign for things to come, hopefully.

18. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
  19. brettspurs

brettspurs Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Nov 9, 2017
    Gone back to Spurs.

20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Ok, obviously not a good sign of things to come :ninja:

Lack of game time, reason for going back I'm presuming?

21. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    "personal reasons"

22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Really hope this kid doesn't waste all his talents like Ravel Morrison, such a talent should be playing first team football now somewhere and gaining experience. This season for whatever reasons just hasn't happened for him but maybe he's still learnt a lot from his loan to Norwich.

23. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Cliche, but it does remind me exactly of Morrison. Manager's need to be smarter with players like them, it's clear that sidelining Edwards is the worst way to manage him (as it has always been with Ravel). Giving them minutes on the pitch, will alleviate most issues off the pitch and has always been the case with Morrison and probably is the same with Edwards.

The worst thing to do would be what Farke did and it's no surprise it's ended this way.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  24. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...us-edwards-has-attitude-mentality-questioned/

"Telegraph Sport understands a number of issues contributed to Edwards’ disappointing spell at Norwich, including his poor time-keeping.

"It is believed he failed to arrive on time for a single training session and was also late for team meetings, much to the bewilderment of Norwich’s senior professionals.

"His attitude and failure to engage with the rest of Norwich’s squad surprised the other players, although sources at Tottenham point out that Edwards has an introverted personality that can be misunderstood."

If it's true that he was late for every single training session without fail, then he has a very long way to go. That almost sounds deliberate.