England U-20 Discussions Thread (2004 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

2. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    3/1 england, just saw the 2 last goals from Edwards and Buckley-Rickett, England looks the much better team with a very balanced 11.

3. Ste walker

Ste walker Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    What streaming site or channel is this on ?

4. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    saw with a stream or just saw a score update?

5. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Field not as good as Dozzell IMO, gives us less control in the middle.

6. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    5-1 now. The last one was a penalty (for handball) scored by Ugbo. Did anyone catch the fourth?

7. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    good turn and finish by Suliman after he'd gotten into the box.

The penalty was Ugbo right? That's what I thought but then the camera was tracking Oxford after it.

The production crew on this game love the pink sunset.

ChristianSur repped this.
  8. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Fairly sure it was Ugbo. I'm not sure why they were tracking Oxford, nor what he was laughing at.

9. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    By the way, I feel bad for saying this, but the increasingly depressed Italian commentary is really adding to my enjoyment...

wellno repped this.
  10. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    first impressions, but Kelly looks like a very impressive athlete. Really tall for a fullback and just glides when he runs. Only turned 19 this week.

11. MKspot

MKspot Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Club:
    Milton Keynes Dons FC
    quality player

12. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    He was very good. On the other side Brittain looked a bit limited though, made me think of Danny Mills. One of the only negatives today for me.

13. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    First game at this level so often takes players a little while to adjust to the England set up

14. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    There's a chance he just might not be good. The weird situation James Justin has found himself in this year has opened the door though. An underrated reason why players don't develop as well as they should in England is because of the money too many football league sides have and their ability to hold on to talent. Luton in L2 could turn down 900k/1m for Justin, and yet not play him this year. One of the reasons there's so many signings from abroad in the Championship nowadays. 1st/2nd tier players from abroad are cheaper than 4th/5th tier players at home.

15. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Of course, I didn't see the game so can't really judge but think he needs a few call ups to really get a good view on him unless he is miles out of his depth.

I don't think it's necessarily the money these clubs have, but just that their values can increase so steeply that cashing in early is not a great idea - however not playing them seems silly if they think there is genuine great potential as can very quickly enhance their potential transfer fee which can set the club up for a period.

With more foreign managers in the Championship, and better value on the continent in markets they know then more foreign players becomes an inevitability - especially when some clubs are charging exorbitant loan fees

16. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

17. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That doesn't make it clear that it was 4-0, Mavididi got two.

18. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Starting to think Leicester should have kept Barnes around.

Though Shakespeare wouldn't play him if we had.

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah very unclear, had to ask the guy what the score was as I presumed it was 3-0.

20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Can't say things look that great for Oxford getting much game time in Germany at the moment. They got hammered 5-1 on Saturday so the defense is pretty ropy and it's currently the German Cup against Düsseldorf and still can't get a game.

21. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Is there much point in Oxford being there? He seems to have well and truly stalled. Couldn't he get a game at a lower club over here instead.

22. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    After reading an article fairly recently when the Monchengladbach sporting director ( I think it was ) was really talking up Oxford I really thought he might have seen some game time, especially in a Cup game after their team was hammered the previous game but obviously not. Really starting to worry about his development as he won't play for West Ham anytime soon and doesn't look likely at Monchengladbach so think some big decisions are needed in January for the sake of his development. I actually think the best thing would be to leave West Ham permanently and go to a team that will invest in him, loans are always a gamble and in Oxfords case, they don't seem to be working.