England U-20 Discussions Thread (2004 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Apr 4, 2015.

1. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  2. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Apparently they're letting him out on loan and there's interest from the Premier League, Championship and Bundesliga. Would be pretty funny if him and Oxford just went to the Bundesliga and were regulars every week.

As with all these types of moves, I just want to see him getting gametime.

Jenks and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Not sure of the source but maybe another one looking to go abroad

Jenks and hussar repped this.
  4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    W.A.S.P., Jenks and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  5. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Connor Mahoney signed for Bournemouth. Had a strong season-ending despite the relegation of Blackburn.

6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Great move for him. There isn't that much competition for his position in the Bournemouth squad. He's got the talent to make an impact so could well be a contender for an U21 squad place.

7. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    I'd argue the opposite, they won't all stay, but Ryan Fraser, Stanislas, Gradel, Mousset, Ibe, Defoe, Pugh, King, Wilson, Afobe + Grabban are all there competing for 3/4 spots.

It reminds me of the Ashley Fletcher and Jerome Sinclair moves last summer. All would've been better targeting a full Championship season.

8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    They rotate their wider options quite consistently and there still should be an opportunity for him if he impresses in training. It will be clearer closer to the start of the season though and we'll have to see what formation they end up going with. I was assuming a traditional 4-4-2 like they had towards the end of the last campaign.

9. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Harvey Barnes and Elliot Moore are in the Leicester squad for the Hong Kong Trophy thing.

BarryfromEastenders and hussar repped this.
  10. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Everton have signed Cuco Martina. I really hope this doesn't mean that he'll be first-choice in Coleman's absence; Jonjoe Kenny couldn't have done a whole lot more to deserve a chance. Still, it's not as if Martina has impressed for Southampton, so hopefully he's just the back-up to the back-up.

11. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  12. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    League One again? Taking the slow route to the top then I guess. Still, at least he should be playing from the start this time.

13. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  14. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  15. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    A move abroad would be good for him I feel. He's probably more suited to football on the continent anyway. Makes you wonder just how many technical players we've lost of the years purely because they're not physically suited to English football at a young enough age.

16. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    This seems about money. According to the article, he knows what some of his mates at other clubs are earning and we know Spurs have a strict wage structure. Edwards the player we know Spurs and Poch will back him.

17. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    That's one of those fanzines, they all have low standards and a very clickbaity buisness model. I doubt this was a properly sourced article.

These lot probably read about the Jadon Sancho situation, saw their own prodigy wasn't in the touring squad, saw the contract expiry date and then wrote this off the back of it. They say "It doesn’t take a math genius" then add up 2 + 2 = 5.

I'd ignore this story until a good source reports it, the mainstream media were all over his last contract negotiation. It's entirely likely Edwards missed out because he's taking his standard three week summer holiday right now.

18. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    True but I suppose there is no smoke without fire. Considering what has happened.

Sessegnon, Edun, James, Brereton, Maddox, Da Silva all straight back into football.

19. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    IGSpur and ChristianSur repped this.
  20. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Think he was with Jay da Silva and James Justin in that Luton 'golden generation'

Been doing well in pre-season for Norwich. Got a squad number and signed a new long term deal. Operates on the left hand side of defence mainly.

21. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  24. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Not sure if it's the right age group , but I see that Dozell was played left wing then replaced at half time. As I feared McCarthy is the worst possible coach for him. Could be another long season. (Unless he was injured and didn't really play left wing )

25. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    He was taken off on a stretcher with a potential leg break + was in a midfield 3.