England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There's a blast from the past. 2011 U17 World Cup :(

2. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Nya Kirby scored his first senior goal for Blackpool against leaders Luton.

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    David Hurford and hussar repped this.
  4. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Poveda is with the City squad for tonight's game.

Would be the type of player who'd benefit from joining the U20s at Toulon. Especially as Colombia will start dangling Senior call ups infront of him soon.

David Hurford repped this.
  5. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    I think if he's going to be enticed by a senior call up then there's not much we can really do seeing as he's not going to be capped by England any time soon.

You'd think the fact his childhood friends are doing very well in the England system will be a big pull for him to stay though.

6. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    I think it's more likely to stay if he plays in a summer tournament for England, especially considering he's never been in one before and there may be a gap now until he gets an U21 look in.

It's all about keeping touch and building the good experiences up for them.

7. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Smith Rowe appears to have reinjured his adductor. No idea on the time frame.

8. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Looks like there's a very real possibility of Rhian Brewster making his début against Barcelona tonight.

9. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    What’s likely to happen with McEachran next season?

10. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Gotta wait and see who the Chelsea manager is, first and foremost.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany will play England U18 in a friendly on Sept 8 2019, 01 group.

David Hurford and TopBanana10 repped this.
  12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    The defence for the campaign ahead. How much can the 2002s get in over the 2001s ?

I feel confident in Ethan Laird and Luis Binks from the 2001s in defence. But in saying that I don't even know if they 100% with Laird's injuries last season. Binks brings nice left-footed balance to centre-back options with the 2002s in Harwood-Bellis, Wood, Walcott & Mengi.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  13. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Kevin De Doyle

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  14. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Dylan Crowe signs new 3 year contract at Ipswich, should allow him to kick on a bit more here as felt he was in purgatory to some extent

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  15. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    That is good news mate. You think he has a shot of first team this season ?

2001s well stocked with right-backs which has been the strongest part about their defensive options. Laird, Daley-Cambell, Crowe, Drameh. It will allow Livramento to stay with the 18s initially (also being a first year scholar). But interesting to see how things unfold.

16. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    What do people make of THB's chances of being moved up to this age group?

17. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    I don't know to be honest, he has been injured and just played his first 45 minutes for the reserves on Wednesday. Right back is a problem position for us though, but hard to know why he was being held back a bit last year as he suffered with injuries and there was a contract stand off too.

I'd like to think he can push on, but personally don't rate him that highly from what I've seen

18. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
  19. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
  20. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
  21. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Brandon Williams is probably worth a call up. 3 assists last night. He's totally rapid and great at going forward, he can be messy defensively and play with his head down at times if you're looking at the negatives.

22. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Problem with Williams is how realistic you feel it is that he’ll play left back in senior football or more pertinently, at the standard to play for a top tier side or England.

Loads of good players can get away with it in underage football and then it’s just not an option in senior football. Question then becomes whether you give Williams all the minutes and then he’s suddenly not a serious option. Not dissimilar to Walker-Peters. He was great at left back for years as high up as being part of an U20 World Cup win, but then suddenly his career there is dead in the water and he’s played 20 underage games there ahead of someone who may actually play there in the future. That balance is key.

Dom Thompson has just joined Brentford for a fee which surprised me and suggest he’s a legit left back option there, may be a better long term option.

23. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Is it me or has the lad got REALLY tall. He bossed that midfield technically and physically. Ready for a shot at the big boys for sure

W.A.S.P. and TopBanana10 repped this.
  24. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Not sure he's that tall. If you Google pics of him with other Man Utd youngsters this summer, he looks about the same height as Greenwood. I would say 5'11"–6'1" tops, but possibly still growing.

25. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Ellis Chapman (Lincoln) one to watch for this age group going forward.

Interesting to see if Charlie Kelman (Southend) + Brennan Johnson (Forest) are out of the question or possible to get back involved.