England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    He almost got a second after a fine move. This kid is really good, hopefully he stays for a while.

2. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I agree as my interest and support is for CHO rather than Chelsea and I thought and probably still do think it's ridiculous, that you have a player you value as 40m but don't think he's good enough to play.

But I read one Chelsea fan argue, he could have a good 6 months or in a years time be worth double that and Chelsea would then look foolish. Alli looks an absolute steal now, and you could even argue Sancho was a steal. 8m for a kid that's never played a PL game seemed a lot, but we and Dortmund knew how good he was and what his value could be. Chelsea are the same they know they could look really foolish so are protecting themselves but are still unwilling to take the risk that comes with playing him. Just really sad for the player

W.A.S.P. and RobTheFool repped this.
  3. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    #7028 TopBanana10, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Unfortunately, he may have to play hard ball. Courtois got his desired move by forcing their hand, albeit being in a stronger position than Hudson. I hope it doesn't turn nasty but I thought £25 million was a fair figure for all parties. It'll be an interesting saga anyway.

I don't really understand Chelsea's policy. They obviously put a lot of effort into developing young players, but then neither integrate them into the first team nor cash in by selling them.

4. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    That's where add ons and sell on fee comes in. 40m hard cash is killing any move.

IGSpur repped this.
  5. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Value him that much yet hardly see him on the bench:confused:

The Potter repped this.
  6. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Meanwhile the Pulisic deal is official, but he stays at Dortmund until the summer. Will it mean that Chelsea will let Hudson-Odoi go at the end of the season?

7. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    The valuation could just be a negotiating tactic to be fair. Whatever the situation though Hudson-Odoi has to make it plain to them that he won't be signing a contract extension without serious playing time. He should get his agent to get the media on this too, the story of an oil club holding an England prospect hostage should get a few clicks.

W.A.S.P. and TopBanana10 repped this.
  8. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  9. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow 33M.. I mean hell almost surely be worth double that in a year or two if he plays and plays to his ability so it is still a good deal but wow. For someone who hasn’t even played much!

If Bayern are willing to spend that much they’ll surely play him

10. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Their source is Goal. I wouldn't read too much into it just yet.

The Potter repped this.
  11. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Getting a little bit twitchy about Rhian Brewster’s health. He’s basically been out for 12 months now and doesn’t seem particularly close to a return. Ankles can be dodgy.

David Hurford repped this.
  12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Talking about injuries.

Latibeaudiere suffered another set back and had an op in Spain I think.

Lewis Gibson has hardly played this season too.

13. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    I feel like Latibeaudiere didnt get enough credit for his role in the u17 win. Was excited to see him push on, particularly because were short in young cbs (compared to am at this age). His problems are a blow. Desparate for some health and a good loan

W.A.S.P. and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  14. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    So Chelsea really want CHO to sign a new contract but have just signed Pulisic and now I read they want to sign Lozano from PSV. If true and CHO’s ambitions are to play more first team football, why an earth would he sign when if anything his chances of first team football will be even more reduced due to big money signings who will get the nod over him.

15. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It’s really ludicrous. Thankfully I don’t think he will sign. Chelsea just offer no hope or pathway for their young players. Surely Lozano is not worth buying to block Hudson Odoi..

16. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  17. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Bayern matched Chelsea's asking price for Hudson-Odoi according to Sky. This is getting interesting.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  18. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    And now: "Sky Sports News understands Callum Hudson-Odoi has told Chelsea he wants to leave Stamford Bridge."

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  19. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Some bloody good scouts at Bayern I must say.

20. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Back doing ball work: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...inally-15660944.amp?__twitter_impression=true

And this claim: "With Daniel Sturridge and Divock Origi both fit and available as back-up to Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah, the Reds have been managing Brewster carefully... ...Brewster's rich potential was one of the reasons why Klopp was prepared to sanction the £19million sale of Dominic Solanke to Bournemouth last week."

ESBFC123 repped this.
  21. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Jack Clarke is really fantastic: so far he had his part in both Leeds goals against Derby, one direct assist and the second goal was also from his cross via another Leeds player.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    David Hurford, hussar and Jenks repped this.
  23. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46800068

What a lazy article. Not a word about the injuries of Brewster or Latibeaudiere, nothing about Kirby's loan etc. Basically someone wrote this from data in Transfermarkt and Wikipedia.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  24. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Did anyone see how Poveda did?

25. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He was OK. Will do well on loan I think.