England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    On in the 81st minute. Mourinho's departure having an effect already.

2. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    #7002 AJ123, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Yup. Garner has been with the travelling squad both times since he's left along with Gomes and apparently Ole has told Greenwood to get ready for the FA Cup game with Reading.

This is what United is about for me. Play attacking football and promote youth players. So good now Mourinho is out. We need to get DoF in and get coaches that will play the United way.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  3. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Hudson-Odoi on for Chelsea.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  4. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Did nothing much other than pass backwards or lose the ball. Anyone who thinks he's close to Sancho is deluding themselves.

5. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I think Sancho will probably be the outstanding English talent of his generation, but Hudson-Odoi is capable of a lot more than he showed today. It's not as if Sancho hasn't had some off days himself.

6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Not the sort of break you need when you eventually seem to get an opportunity! That’s bad luck.

7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Even though I don’t doubt you as didn’t see the game but I really think he needs a good consistent run of games to get up to speed as playing the odd game here and there surely isn’t helping his cause. He really needs a run of games on a consistent basis to get his confidence up which he won’t get at Chelsea at the moment. Needs to get out on loan in January to a good attacking team that will play him.

8. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Hudson Odoi is an elite level talent. I'm sure of that. He needs to leave Chelsea and thankfully he seems to realise that himself.

9. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah agreed. Hudson Odoi is a very good talent and although obviously below Sancho then Foden he is still a fantastic player. Sancho is the real star and probably the best teenager in the world, I don’t think anybody said Hudson Odoi is better than him or likely to be, but he could definitely be a top player at a top team IMO.

The Potter repped this.
  10. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That statement has been officially correct for a week now because Mbappe turned 20 eight days ago.

11. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am aware of that, as I have previously said that Mbappe is the only young player of a similar age better than Sancho (even though he is 2 years older)

12. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Don't think he's that far from Sancho in terms of talent. He's quicker albeit not as skillful. Could end up as a striker or a 9,5. He didn't look comfortable wide right but he's gifted.

13. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    I heard that TOB is desperate to leave Spurs

14. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Wouldn't surprise me, he's had set back in both form and status. Albeit after injury issues.
    Seems to be behind very mediocre George Marsh now, so he hasn't convinced Pochettino and might very well be out in the cold. Don't think the manager likes laid back characters, Onomah the same.

15. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    These Hudson-Odoi to Bayern rumours are getting stronger. Would be the best news of this January window if it is true.

16. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, I hope it happens to. It will be so so sweet if he does really well and leaves Chelsea red faced at letting yet another one of their academy leave and prosper. I still find it strange that they’re buying Pulisic for 50m when he is hardly the finished product and also has a lower ceiling IMO.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  17. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Are Bayern Munich particularly good at bringing through youth players themselves?

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    40 million is just insane and unfair on the player! Ridiculous.

W.A.S.P. and hussar repped this.
  19. Sensanetional

Sensanetional Member

Apr 4, 2017
    pathetic, what my nickname is doesn’t matter. What is fundamental in the argument is the circumstance of Sané independently dribbling to create chances. In that circumstance he is far superior of Sancho, end of story.

20. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Of course it matters. You've literally vested your identity in the merits of one player. You're hardly going to be his most objective critic.

IGSpur repped this.
  21. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Sessegnon not having the best of games today. 1v1 with the keeper and misses the target, then a great cross finds him unmarked and he misses the ball completely. Fulham should be 2-0 up and now they've just conceded.

22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    hussar and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Jack Clarke comes on for Leeds and scored pretty quickly.

hussar repped this.
  24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008