England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He is a much better goal scorer than a young Wilshere . i think in youth football for England, Foden has scored 11 goals in 23 games for his country which is incredible for a midfielder . He has a better football brain too and a better passer of the ball . The only thing a young Wilshere had over him was his ability to not get knocked of the ball by bigger players.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  2. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wilshere was physically more mature at that age but in terms of talent, i think Foden has better vision and his ability to find space for himself is also better than Wilshere, and he also does not have that habit of jumping into tackles like Wilshere did even at that age. As for people saying he is the next the Gazza, that is just stupid, because before he busted his knee in 1991 he was the best English midfielder i have ever seen, and the only English kid i have seen since who i thought could have been his heir apparent was Ravel Morrison, but we all know how that story ended up.

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    You can’t really compare Wilshere and Foden’s youth careers. I think Foden has more England caps at U17 level than Wilshere did at all youth levels combined. Wilshere also played in England youth teams that really lacked any type of structure and they both played different team roles.

The Potter repped this.
  4. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    After all that hudson odoi isn't even on the bench for chelsea today. What a joke.

W.A.S.P., Marcho Gamgee, hussar and 3 others repped this.
  5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Just another false dawn no doubt.

6. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    I'm reading he missed out on the trip because he's picked up an injury, I'm sure @Juni could confirm.

7. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    David Hurford and hussar repped this.
  8. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gibbs-White came on as a sub for Wolves today.

David Hurford repped this.
  9. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  10. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Both Charlton youngsters were instrumentals in the win: Lapslie provided the assist for Lyle Taylor’s opener and, in stoppage time, Morgan found Darren Pratley who crossed for Karlan Grant (who is also 97 born, equals three youngsters) to net the winner.

11. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Good academy charlton. Lets hope he stays there

12. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    I can see him leapfrogging solanke given his woes

13. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Hopefully thats the reason. He should play 10 or so games this year given theyre in europa league cup and chekatrade.

14. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    And Joe Aribo (96) is their best player.

15. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah me too. For me Brewster is more explosive although Solanke is taller, more physical and on his day can be great. I still have hope for him, but right now Brewster can't do much wrong. He always seems to put himself in great areas to score in every game and can be absolutely ruthless.

16. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Trev Chalobah got his first goal. 3 x 90 minutes for him in the league now. Playing in the middle of the park rather than defence though.

Reece James also completed his 3rd 90 minutes in a row.

17. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Edun started for Ipswich but got sent off for a second yellow after 39 minutes!

Seems the manager likes him though.

18. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Didn't he do something similar in an England match once

19. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah got two yellows in the 2017 U19 final. Sent off with a couple minutes left, but we ended up holding on.

IGSpur repped this.
  20. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Only going off whoscored's stats here but both Tomori and Chalobah have started the season well.

21. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Tomori not really, he had some errors leading to goals, and overall he looked like someone who's composed but always having a mistake or two in him. Hopefully this is just early days in a new team, because he looks skillful.

22. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He really hasn't made costly errors, the Leeds goal everyone stuck on him was a great cross and header, and the Millwall one was a deflection off a long shot. He's looked pretty good, even with my inherent bias.

23. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    https://www.onsoranje.nl/nieuws/jeu...56/onder-19-speelt-tegen-engeland-en-tsjechië

Holland's squad to play England. 34 names for their two games, so presumably they're splitting the squad in half for each game. Super young for an U19 squad. Loads of 01s + 02s. Really talented.

Holland - 5th September
    Belgium - 10th September
    Portugal - 11th October
    Macedonia - 15th October.

They're the upcoming games for England. No idea why they're playing a friendly v Macedonia though.

24. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Jayden Bogle (2000 born right back, Derby) started the last two matches, and seems like he is the no. 1 in his position there, looks very promising.

David Hurford repped this.
  25. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Keith Downing is doing the U19 games now apparently. Interesting.