England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    I think the situation has been changed now: after this summer Hudson-Odoi is not just a secret only known about some youth football enthusiasts, but the average fans saw what he can do too. Sarri will be under pressure to give him minutes or even start in cup matches. This is for a lesser extent true for Smith-Rowe too.

2. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Also the media jumps on the bandwagon now.

David Hurford repped this.
  3. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    lol you actually made a few good points in the past but this is complete rubbish. And if you mention Mbappe I think Hudson Odoi is much trickier and doesn't rely as much on pace (not saying he's as good don't nail me to the wall)

4. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    I really hope he ends up playing 6. He can defend and england teams always tend to play defenders here, which is a problem given the 6 touches the ball more than anyone on the pitch (see Henderson).

5. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe it is easy to say this but if i was in his or Mounts situation, if i was not starting games for Chelsea buy the time i was 20 years old i would be demanding a move.

6. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Let's not get carried away with regards to Hudson-Odoi. That Arsenal defence was all over the place and were allowing themselves to be countered on repeatedly, against more stout defences even in pre-season games he was much less effective.

7. TotaalVoetbal

TotaalVoetbal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    FC Porto
    He's had 3 straight excellent games in Pre-Season though. It isn't just Arsenal.

It's also the fact he's dribbling at top speed & the ball still sticks at his feet. His acceleration is also top notch.

Remember his performance in the Final? People said he wouldn't be able to outpace players like that at senior level yet he's actually faster than the fastest player in the Premier League.

8. TotaalVoetbal

TotaalVoetbal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Playing in the same position as the best player in the Premier League will hurt his chances though. He'd probably be in contention to start now if he was a natural RW because Pedro & Willian really aren't that good.

9. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    He completed 11 dribbles out of 12 against Inter Milan. I think we have the right to get a bit carried away ;)

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  10. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Heard that before. But I am optimistic for him

11. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    His biggest problem will be if Chelsea end up doing what Chelsea do and sign Zaha instead of putting any faith in him.

12. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    A bit worried that Sancho will start the season on the bench. Hasn't started the last preseason games and didn't look at his best. He needs to be careful with his body, looks slightly chubby and not as quick as last year.

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah was thinking the same, hadn’t noticed him being slightly chubby but seen he’s been a sub for quite a few friendlies and not starting. Did you see him tonight in the friendly?

14. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Could be a long season for Mount at Derby if that’s the best he can hope for from his team mates.

15. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    no couldn't see tonight. Going to watch Derby second half to have a look at Mount

16. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Mason Mount goal

17. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Almost had a great assist too. Won't be an easy season though, lacks good players to combine with, number 4 Bryson in particular is a real problem. Good cameo from Bennett, I remember him from his england u17 days - good player.

18. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    How was Harry Wilson? If Mount needs good players around him that's who I'd be looking towards

19. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    didn't watch the first half but like Mount struggled to see much of the ball bc the midfielders behind them could not find them.Keogh at the back likes to hit it very long too, bit of a fossil

20. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think the problem is not the lack of talent, but the lack of technical instinct of the Derby players around Mount.

21. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    I think that's not true, both Lawrence and Wilson are technically good players, maybe the midfield tandem behind them could be stronger. Still this is early days, Derby didn't play well yesterday but still won, also there were flashes of class, in a few weeks and maybe one or two additions this team could be a real force.

22. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Mount wasn't great throughout the 90 like every Derby player. He scored a rather Lampard-esque goal 'he only scores flukes, deflections or rebounds' and created Derby's only other real chance apart from the second goal, we he played a great ball across the box that the keeper saved.

He needs to improve in general play, his passing was very poor. He needs to boot Wilson off free kick duty too.

23. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I think they'll look better when Thorne's in the side, if he can stay fit for once. Hopefully he'd help Mount to find a rhythm. Bryson's not a bad player but he's generally played further forward himself.

hussar repped this.
  24. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Also eventually George Evans will play in the place of Ledley, who may be not good enough for this style Lampard wants to play.

25. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Problem Lampard has in that system is that he wants to play out from the back with two central defenders that make Chris Smalling look like Franz Beckenbauer on the ball.

kbarrett2316 repped this.