England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Well maybe things are changing in the US but it always struck me that young talent in the USA strive to get a transfer to Europe to further their development and not really the other way round even though it arguably didn't do Jack Harrison much harm even though we did send him on a dead end loan to Middlesbrough for half a season :cool:. I still think he can get a better move in Europe if he so desired but if he ends up in the US then good luck to him.

2. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
  3. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I think Marcus Mcguane was there also but wasn't on the original list:

1000682981483270144 is not a valid tweet id

AJ123 repped this.
  5. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There were a lot of changes.

[​IMG]

Hirst, Austin, Dinzeyi, Chalobah, Balcombe, Brereton, Cumming, Tymon, Campbell, Guehi, James, Tanganga, Sterling
    Sanders, Embleton, Bolton, Bennetts, Edwards, Lewis, Tavernier, Foden, Downes, Nydam, McGuane

List is @JRSG's good work.

Garibaldi11 and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  6. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Makes me wonder just how much of a pain in the arse Edwards can really be if they keep calling him up to England squads. I don't suppose behaving away with the lads is any easier than doing it for a loan club.

7. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's Stoke's Tom Edwards fwiw, not our friend Marcus.

8. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Makes sense :ROFLMAO:

9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Ok, so is the final squad likely to be from the guys that actually attended this training camp or are we still likely to see the likes of Sancho, Mount, Willock, Nelson etc be available for the finals? I'm gonna presume not and that the training squad is near enough the Squad going to Finland?

10. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Willock, Nketiah + Nelson are definitely out.

Sancho is an unknown, end of season tour with Dortmund is a valid excuse for missing this camp, but i'd guess he's out.

Hudson-Odoi was supposed to be in this, so I presume he's out and wants a full preseason with Chelsea's first team.

Wilmot was completing his Watford move, but I imagine at a new club he'll also want a full pre-season.

Mount was with the Seniors, but again, I can't imagine he wants a disrupted pre-season so i'm presuming he's out.

Gibbs-White pulled out, presumably cause he's taken his name out of contention + will also be aiming for a full pre-season.

Bennetts + Foden are in for now, would it surprise me to see both pull out to take part in full pre-seasons? Not really.

11. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    I think MLS is looking at more of the Barco type players rather than Edun

12. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    MGW, Gomes, Willock are all on holiday and Sancho is with Willock, so I assume it means they're all missing it

13. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    I bet a lot of them will be looking at TAA and how he missed the tournament to focus on establishing himself in the first team last year and ended up playing in a European Cup Final 9 months later.

14. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Ok, so guess we are realistically looking at sending a much weaker Squad to the U19 Finals this year. Like you have said before, I think UEFA need to move this tournament so it starts straight after the end of the U17 Championships or something. I wonder if other Nations are struggling to get their full strength teams also due to the scheduling?

15. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Trevor Chalobah training with the seniors today and tomorrow

16. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Other nations do have drop outs. But our pathway problems exacerbate ours. Players from other countries have much more security at their home club + are less reliant on loan moves.

Then, I think things are compounded this year because you've got a big group of 2000s who spent months away from their clubs in 2017 and Nelson, Nketiah + Willock who are right on the bubble at Arsenal. Plus other players who won it last year as we had a very young squad, so they're less likely to want to repeat.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  17. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017

I really feel like weve regressed this summer. It feels like england yourh of old, where all our best players were pulled or removed themselves. We have fielded a b-squad in every tournament (toulon, u17,u19). I understand the timing is not ideal but given how these players have experienced how much a tournament can do for thier careers and notoriaty I am very dissapointed

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  18. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    This isn't really a B team at Toulon and the U17s were only missing two players.

Tom Davies, Reece Oxford, Chris Willock + Alexander-Arnold withdrew from the U19s last year but it doesn't seem like a 'B team' on reflection cause we won and played well.

19. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Brereton been to Croatia with Worrall, Dowell, Connolly already and now with Mount in Greece it looks like. "Football mates" :D

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed in all the withdrawals. Club is important but there are players that remain in the squad who could have asked the same but didn't.

It probably comes down to timing of this tournament that needs to be looked into for sure.

Dinzeyi in from out of the blue. Francis and Feeney back behind him.

Neufville has had a very good season for West Ham. So wonder if he is back on the radar.

20. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Fair, especially on toulon, but its the type of players missing. Its all our brightest prospects. 2 missing with u17 but they were jones and greenwood. U19 your talking mount, nelson, sancho. U20s edwards and willock. Given mount trained with the seniors hes clearly in good standing so I wonder if these decisions have been made with the support of the FA

21. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I forgot about this but there is qualifications for the U20 World next year, so we need to at least get to the semi finals.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    ChristianSur repped this.
  24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    So only one England game in the groups is on TV.

25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Why am I not surprised!! I take it, Eurosport are showing it?