England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  2. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    He's planning on getting back for pre-season - not attempting or being considered for Euro's

3. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    He has look of Erik lamela in his play and movements.
    He really needs Coventry to be promoted otherwise he will have to move on.

4. CCFC9

CCFC9 New Member

Coventry City
    England
    Jul 25, 2017
    Been playing right midfield lately as they’ve had to shoehorn him in the team wherever they can because of his ability to drive forward and score goals. He’s a natural CM.

Derby bid £1m in January but it got rejected. David Pleat has been to see him play many times this season. He watched Maddison loads too, they had a bid rejected when he was 17 I believe

5. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I was just expecting to read about his progress currently not five months ago. The mention about running on grass is more recent, I assume. But I'd seen that before and was thinking it was an update how things are going now.

6. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The video is from March, so I would imagine if it all goes to plan, he will be back in time for the new season

7. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Goalkeepers: Brandon Austin (Tottenham Hotspur), Ellery Balcombe (Brentford), Jamie Cumming (Chelsea)

Defenders: Trevoh Chalobah (Chelsea), Marc Guehi (Chelsea), Reece James (Chelsea), Dujon Sterling (Chelsea), Japhet Tanganga (Tottenham Hotspur), Josh Tymon (Stoke City), Ben Wilmot (Stevenage)

Midfielders: Flynn Downes (Ipswich Town), Elliot Embleton (Sunderland), Adam Lewis (Liverpool), Mason Mount (Vitesse Arnhem - loan from Chelsea), Tristan Nydam (Ipswich Town), Max Sanders (Brighton & Hove Albion), Marcus Tavernier (Middlesbrough)

Forwards: Keanan Bennetts (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Bolton (Manchester City), Ben Brereton (Nottingham Forest), Tyrese Campbell (Stoke City), Phil Foden (Manchester City), George Hirst (Sheffield Wednesday), Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea)

Revised training camp squad. A shame we don't get to see the ridiculous collection of talent all together. But at the same time, I do quite like seeing new faces getting some extended game time.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  8. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    What happened to Sancho and Gibbs-White?

9. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think Sancho will be with the England squad for training, like Mount, N.Chalobah and a couple of others.

10. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Sure but Mount is still in that training squad. Still, this probably answers my question:

998212346416902144 is not a valid tweet id

11. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Maybe Mount won't actually go to Spain, but that list is just a group of the players that will be whittled down to 18. I wonder if the FA have made sure they're only including players at this stage who will 100% be available. A few players who went on the training camp last year, pulled out after that.

Gibbs-White is in a strange situation, if he goes to the Euros and misses pre-season he may be put on the back foot at Wolves, especially with them presumably intent on strengthening the squad a fair bit. He already missed a fair bit of last season with the World Cup which would've knocked him back a bit at Wolves. Pretty understandable that he wants to stay for pre-season. Could be the difference between getting PL minutes or stuttering through the opening months and being sent out on loan in January.

12. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Bennetts has played for Germany at youth level too I believe? With him moving over there if he kicks on it will be interesting to see if the German NT make a play for him.

13. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Yeah, I don't know what to make of Bennetts. On the one hand, he's accepting England call-ups and his new club made a thing of describing him as an Englishman. On the other, his Instagram bio has a German flag, a Nigerian flag, and no English or British flag. Inclined to think we might ultimately lose him if he's good enough for Germany, and possibly to Nigeria regardless.

14. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Quite common for people to use their bio for their additional nationalities. Especially football lads.

It's hard to know and always easy to read too much into very little info.

IGSpur repped this.
  15. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  16. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    David Hurford and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  18. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    True, but still better than Arsenal and some other big clubs who were reportedly interested.

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    David Hurford repped this.
  20. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If it goes through hopefully it works out, but I think he's better than the MLS. Incidently this would be good for the MLS because they almost never get any potentially good young players from Europe.

21. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Would be extremely disappointing and very difficult to understand. He looked superb at the euros and is much better than the MLS IMO.

22. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    MLS recently announced that every team is getting a targeted $3m fund to bring an U20 player in. This looks like a result/consequence of that.

23. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Good intel. ..makes me wonder if he's just not where the coaches think he should be post the euro's because, to be fair, fulham have a decent record of giving young players a chance.

24. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    It's always easier to give young players a chance when you're sh*t and this is the first season in a while where Fulham haven't been a bit sh*t. A few of the youngsters they played in the last few seasons wouldn't have been in the picture this year either.