England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    So that's 250 minutes of football.

My point is that it's easy to hardly notice a player who is hardly playing. He played more minutes at the WC (that you'd forgotten about) than he has for Spurs all year. They've managed him terribly.

2. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And what were the other games? I may have seen them as well.

My point is, when he plays he is unremarkable. Did you see him against Chelsea in the youth cup when they were outclassed by them? I've seen it twice (for the second time a couple of days ago). Boothe was no less unremarkable the second time I watched it, as the first.

So how much have you seen of him this season for Spurs? I'm still interested.

3. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can I just point out they'd already qualified, hardly the first team to play poorly or within themselves in this situation.

4. brettspurs

brettspurs Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Nov 9, 2017
    Have to agree unfortunately, I think he gets a lot of good will having looked really impressive at U16 level for England but since then he's not really kicked on, even during the World Cup campaign I always felt as though he was just kind of there without really impacting the games either way. I think the likes of Skipp and Gallagher should be ahead of him for the U18s currently, let alone pushing him up to start for the U19s.

The Guardian repped this.
  5. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Gallagher looked 3 levels below when he came on at the world cup. International football suits a certain type of player, TOB might be discreet at times but he never ever loses the ball and can play forward under pressure. Ever since Cooper played him and McEachran in midfield England dominated every single midfield in the world. His current situation is a problem though, don't really know what's happening.

6. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    yeah, they were so bad England's midfield dominated every single midfield in the world. Not something that we've seen often in the last 40 years. Btw, we wouldn't have lost the euros with TOB, instead of defending deeper and deeper we would have outclassed Spain from start to finish like we did at the WC.

W.A.S.P. and ChristianSur repped this.
  7. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Ah, a bit of refreshing sense at last, from a Spurs fan. It's interesting how angry some people get, who don't watch games, when people who do, tell them something they don't want to hear. It was the same with Crowley.

Perhaps they read something on the internet about a "super talented schoolboy" or see a name on one of those "superstar kid" lists by some herbert on some site and they convince themselves they have to be future superstars, no questions asked.

8. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think it's abundantly clear that the majority of frequent posters on this particular England forum watch more youth football than most people. Differences of opinion don't have to mean people aren't watching, it means we see different things.

ChristianSur and sharpovic repped this.
  9. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Indeed. As the UEFA jury who picked McEachran in the team of the tournament at the euros.
    As for Crowley his downfall has little to do with football. Attitude issues.

W.A.S.P. and ChristianSur repped this.
  10. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    My comments have been based on what I actually saw for myself. Rather than just repeating what I've seen on the internet.

Had McEachran and Boothe been playing the other day, there is no reason they would have made any (positive) difference to the outcome.

11. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I remember saying to myself when Sancho had to go back to Dortmund that it's better to lose him rather than Oakley-Booth because he controls the midfield and makes things much more easier on the team. Plus we had Hudson-Odoi as backup.

sharpovic repped this.
  12. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    IMO they strongly would've done. They obviously share a good understanding and are both very technically gifted.

hussar and sharpovic repped this.
  13. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I must say I haven't watched a lick of live EPL youth football, but always make an effort to see every England match. Furthermore I'm often on the lookout for individual player highlights on YouTube.

Basically I'm a poster who keeps my mouth shut on issues I honestly don't understand well, but always wondering what's going on with our best players or up and coming ones.

sharpovic and Juni repped this.
  14. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    not a surprising opinion given you didnt get what they brought at the world cup

15. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Of course it's not surprising, Boothe, as pointed out, has been unremarkable and
    the one-footed crabby McEachran makes up the numbers. It's perfectly understandable why they weren't picked for the u19s.

16. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Its not a case of one or the other. Future England stars Hudson Odoi and Sancho
    are a devastating combination.

17. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    England had the best u17 midfield in the world, and by far, end of the debate.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  18. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Boothe and McEachran are like the Andrew Ridgeley and Ringo Starr of u17 football.

19. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Well if you don't get what Ringo contributes either then we really are in trouble.

20. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Did you watch any of the 2017 U17 European and World championships?

sharpovic repped this.
  21. Ste walker

Ste walker Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    I really like Mceachran and Boothe, excellent players in their own right and in a very crucial position on the pitch

W.A.S.P. and sharpovic repped this.
  22. Ste walker

Ste walker Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Angel Gomes manu
    George MCeachran Chelsea
    Tashan Oakley-Boothe Spurs
    Marcus Mcguane Barcelona
    Andre Dozzell Ipswich
    Callum Hudson-Odoi Chelsea
    Jason Sancho Borussia Dortmund
    Phil Foden Man City
    Joe Willock Arsenal
    Reid’s Nelson Arsenal
    Mason Mount Chelsea
    Edward Nkeita Arsenal
    Ben Brereton Nottm forest
    Rhian Brewster Liverpool

Pick 11 from that list to go to the Euros , Hudson-Odoi would definitely be there

23. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You think Ringo was the talented one, eh? Couldn't have done it without him?
    Indispensable?

Say no more!

24. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I think they were all highly talented and your reading comprehension skills are dreadful, but neither of those things really relates to England under-19s so let's get back to that.

Does anyone have any idea why Oakley-Boothe hasn't been getting many games for Spurs? They've just given him a new 3-year contract and supposedly he's been training with the first team, so it doesn't seem like they've gone off him.

25. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It could have been ANY drummer and it wouldn't have made a difference!
    Your thinking skills are severely lacking!