England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #5676 The Guardian, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Is that a general consensus (or what)? It's good to hear Mount is apparently doing very well over there. They've been on TV over here quite a lot in recent seasons, but can't say I've really noticed them, this time.

Amendment - I've just spotted one of their games against PSV on Saturday, Sky Main.

2. It's not for nothing I posted that he's the first English kid since I saw Michael Owen's debute at 16 that got me that excited about his talent.

3. Yup, we're jealous your nat team midfield has this jewel. I would have put him in the 2018 WC selection without a moments thought about it. We say if you're good enough, you're old enough.
    I really hope he shows up there.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  4. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Owen was actually 17 when he made his debut - but I get your point. You think Mount is better at that stage than Rooney etc.

5. One thing that's very important and overlooked by casual viewers of the "Eredivisie" for Mason is his tactical schooling. Not only by his coaches, but also from his opponents. Even teams in the relegation battle look forwards to attack. So Mason doesnot get into bunker busting football, but has to deal with midfielders and defenders that tactically are looking for a way to go forward. It teaches him awareness for tactical dangers that in my eyes are invaluable. It's not for nothing once Beckenbauer said that he would watch a Dutch match, just out of curiosity what they were going to do tactically during the match.

6. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Considering the crap we have in the attacking midfield department I would take him especially if he keeps playing like this. And IMO I would put him in there instead of Dele Alli, because he has more ability than him, but I can't see Southgate ever doing that.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  7. Well, Rooney could have been even level talent wise, but his character isnot on par with Owen or Mason. That's why I look at Mason with big expectations.

8. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    A World Cup call-up for Mason Mount? I think people are perhaps getting a little bit ahead of themselves.

The Guardian repped this.
  9. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It's actually on something called: Sky Sports Mix / Sky Sports Red Button

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    With tonight's Chelsea first team in mind, I was wondering if Hudson-Odoi would be absent from last night's u23 match. He was (along with Sterling as usual).

11. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Those two are definitely in tonight's first team squad.

The Guardian repped this.
  12. Might be interesting to watch Mount:
    Coming saturday MM has to take on PSV again.

[​IMG]PSV - Vitesse[​IMG]

Zaterdag 23 december 2017 19:45 uur CEST, Philips Stadion

24 times PSV won of the 32 confrontations.
    PSV won the last 19 home matches.
    Against Vitesse they kept the last 3 times a clean sheet.

13. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is that PSV winning their last nineteen at home against all teams? It can't be nineteen straight against Vitesse as I remember Piazon and Van Aanholt scoring in a 6-2 win there a few years ago.

14. That's what is meant!

15. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Ben Brereton had a good game today, with a lot of plaudits and the MoM award. But his finishing for three decent chances were very poor. I find it most odd that no coach has ever taught him how to get a bit of "kick" into his shots.

16. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sancho starts for Dortmund today.

17. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He looked at home at this level but unfortunately wasn't great in vital moments. He had two great chances to score, one was an open goal where he hit the post with his left from a tight(ish) angle and the other the ball fell to him in the box but he sliced it over the bar. The Dortmund fans seem relatively happy with what they saw though.

zXen and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  19. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
  20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Mount scored the only goal of the game for Vitesse against Sparta Rotterdam tonight.

21. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  22. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It's a pet hate of mine: not making sure the ball goes on the right side of the post, in those situations. But it seemed a bit late when Sancho saw it coming. Didn't look like he was directing it enough away from the post even so though..

23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    954698971099881473 is not a valid tweet id

Jenks repped this.
  24. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Sancho did pretty well, but he really needed that assist for the equalizer. A defeat would really have soured his night. Pity he couldn't have taken that good chance instead of going for one of those Holywood bending shots, which inevitably go wide. Dortmund seemed incapable of creating chances and getting meaningful shots off.

25. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think in terms of depth this under 19 group is the most stacked age group I've ever seen for England. People have lamented Woodburn choosing Wales but I wouldn't be shocked if he saw the English set-up and just didn't fancy his chances. I know most of the kids won't make it but is heartening to see so many blue chip prospects, we usually only have one or two at a time.

W.A.S.P. repped this.