England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Camera guy is giving me a headache with the zooming in and out.

Marcho Gamgee and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  2. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nketiah with his 3rd treble for England already.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  3. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    FT 6-0 England win.

4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Four goals and an assist for Nketiah and three assists for Sancho.

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Nketiah already nearing the top of the U19 goalscorer list -

Nketiah.jpg

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  6. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Sessegnon, Mount, Hirst, Brereton, Sancho + Nelson could all end up on that list.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Yeah, Brereton and Sessegnon already have 4 each. Embleton, Mount and Hirst have 3 each.

8. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Bradley Fewster has fallen a long long way down the pyramid. He had a good spell in League Two a couple of seasons ago.

9. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. Yes, I rate him very high. The last English one that made me excited like him was Michael Owen, when he debuted for Liverpool. Gives away how old a fart I am;)

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  11. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow, that’s high praise, I’ll have to keep an eye on him. How are the Dutch youth teams doing? Any new Robbens or Bergkamps on the horizon?

12. Nope:(

13. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lol, oh right, just see if any of the Belgian lads have Dutch grandparents.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  14. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Frustrating thing about this group, is at u16s/17s they had Slattery, Diallo, Dozzell and Adeniran as good options, and 3 out of those 4 have all suffered injuries right? and never got back to that level. Also wasn't Gilmour meant to be decent.

Also I what has happened to Ennis and Leko they looked really good at u17s

W.A.S.P. and ChristianSur repped this.
  15. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    McGuane's been in and out too since his switch. I feel like there was one more promising CM too - I can remember having a quartet of strong options in mind pre-McGuane and I don't think Adeniran was among them. Can't think who it was.

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Leko is funny one, I remember when he broke into the WBA team a couple of years ago and looked really good, can't remember who it was against but he was really good and looked good in other games too but for some strange reason Pulis starting leaving him on the bench and hardly using him. A shame as there is a real player imo.

18. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    For all their talking up of the opportunties that they provide for youngsters they have real issues at actually embedding them into their squad nevermind the first team. Mainly down to Pulis but even before him their record is terrible and they have had decent options for a while.

19. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Diallo was mentioned. I remember having Diallo, Slattery, Dozzell, and one other in mind as being particularly strong when they were under-16s, but it could be a phantom memory.

20. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Leko is on loan at Bristol, and got some minutes here and there.

21. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I definitely though that too, when I wrote i. It's why I put Adeniran last as I thought he came through relatively late i.e for the u17s. He did well, but I felt he was more of an engine room player with decent ability, rather than someone who had ability first.

Just quickly scanned the old u17s thread and we were mainly looking forward to seeing a midfield of Diallo, Slattery and Dozzell. No mention of anyone else really, big shame they have all suffered injuries. Does anyone who watches them regularly have any idea where they stand now, they had such potential at that age.

Also on the u19s especially as they are injured one nameI think that should/could be considered is Jack Roles. As an u16 he was in Kirby's shadow but a good player. Kirby left and I feel he has benefitted the most. Like Alli he has that every natural knack of getting goals, and I feel in the last year, he has gotten sligthyl stronger and his alronud game is developing. He is a very intelligent football, and as I said before, he bags regularly from midfield. I know we are in qualification atm, and I don't think he'll displace Mount, and when you consider we still have the 00s to get promoted it's unlikely but I'd like to see him called up for some friendlies. Him and Mount in front of a holding player I think would work really well.

Roles scored 23 goals from CM when he didn't always start as an u16
    He scored 20 goals from 29 matches in all comps last year from midfield, and scored the most non-penalty goals per 90 in the u18s PL last year, averaging exactly a goal per game, ahead of Nketiah and other strikers.I don't have his stats for this season to hand but as I said his general game play has improved. I think he would deserve a call-up to see how he gets on

22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Team for Iceland -
    .........................Schofield

Sterling....Tanganga..Chalobah..Sessegnon

.......................Tavernier...Downes

Nelson.................Mount.................Nketiah

...............................Brereton

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Not sure about the balance of the team.

I've only just noticed that UEFA now allow you to have 9 players on the bench rather than the usual 7. Good move.

24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    How's the team playing? Can't see the game unfortunately.