England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    :thumbsup: Great work again. Nathan Trott is a 98 though.

2. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Don't forget Brereton is a 99 and can come back to lead the U19 line next year. I can see Trott in there as well, he's a 98 so will move up.

They should be targeting the title again next season with that lot, no need to beat about the bush.

3. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oops, a couple of oversights. Corrected version here, feel free to edit it back into my post @BarryfromEastenders as my edit window has closed now.

[​IMG]

4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Seven options that are still eligible have just won this tournament. Twelve 99's helped win the Toulon. You also have a few options that weren't involved in either but have shown promise at various points Leko, Nelson, Joe Willock, Ennis etc. If we perform there is an U20 WC to also look towards. Interesting times.

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  6. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Could add Nick Hayes as a keeper too as he was at U17 Championship....and nice to have 4 ITFC players there...!

7. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Great to see us finally win this U19 Championship. Thought Ramsdale had a brilliant tournament. You always need a really good goolkeeper to win these tese tournaments. He was pivitol to our success imo.

Hadn't seen him before this, but he impressed me a lot. He commands his defence really well and his shot stopping is very good. I always felt confiedent with this 'keeper.

IGSpur and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  8. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    When you think we've lost out on Rice, Roberts, Woodburn, Clark and others from that age group to the granny rule there's a lot of depth of quality there

9. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    I think today was the best day of a glorious summer for England youth for me as I genuinely wasn't expecting this age group to be able to beat the best in Europe - I'd figured the 17's were the best shot.
    I actually calculate that's 27 tournament matches across the age groups we've played this summer and been entirely unbeaten (penalty shoot out dramas aside) and that's playing against the best of best national teams around which is absolutely astounding when you think about it.
    Who says the English freeze and choke when it comes to tournament finals football!

IGSpur and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  10. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We should win it again in the next 2 years IMO. Depends how fast the likes of Sancho and Foden are fast tracked but if they're still with the U19s for the 2019 edition then we'd have to be favourites you'd have thought.

11. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree because we'll have top level quality. I think Sancho and Sessegnon will be fast-tracked to the U21s or maybe the seniors in two years time, and perhaps Panzo as well. We could even be strong favorites to win the next U20 World Cup too with these lot.

12. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Well, just finished watching that and bloody marvelous stuff, another win for our youngsters in an unprecedented Summer of remarkable achievement for our kids and don't think we will see another Summer like this for some time. Bloody wonderful and the hard work has just started for these flaming galahs.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  13. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Haven't seen a Golden player announcement yet for the u19 euros but has to be Mount. Brilliant technique and footballing brain. Has to push on. Hoping the Vitesse story is true because he needs to go out on loan

14. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    yeah he's certainly worth a shout. I don't think the standard of the tournament has been all that great this year at 19's but there's been a few players to catch the eye. The Man city lad Dilrosun really made Holland tick and Portugal of course have a lot of talents as always - Dalot, Felipe, Quina, and Gedson among others from that amazing under-17 side from last season as well as Rui Pedro up front.
    Mount's been consistently impressive though. I don't think he was heralded all that much as a 16 year old but watching Chelsea in the youth cup games the last couple of seasons he's had a massive influence and he's got the creative ability to match most continentals.
    Most importantly I don't think there's any real weak links in the squad and you can say that for pretty much all our under-age squads this summer (with the exception of course of Sir Cauley of Woodrow) All these lads have the potential to make it high in the game, though in reality sadly the majority probably won't.

15. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Dalot, Gedson and their keeper Diogo Costa all played significant roles for Portugal at the U20 WC aswell as this tournament. Dalot and Diogo Costa played in every game of that tournament and all but the dead rubber game against Sweden in this one.

16. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, fair play to Suliman as I didn't see much in him from previous years but he has been a rock in this Tournament and actually looks very good on the ball and isn't afraid to bring the ball out from the back which I really like in a Centre half.

17. DrFootball1

DrFootball1 Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Brussels
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    886556714589454336 is not a valid tweet id

The Guardian repped this.
  18. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Agree. But I'd like to think it will continue along similar lines.

19. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    I'd expect Liam Edwards and Tyrese Campbell who both excelled for Stoke on their youth cup run and maybe Tom Dele-Bashiru to get a look in too next season as both involved with England before.

20. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
  21. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    I'd add Oakley Boothe and Kirby.

22. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    the Dozell - Edun pivot was a big positive for me. Allowed us to dominate possession in most of the games. This is Dozell's best position IMO, and the way he will be used at Ipswich worries me a bit. Apparently he's not McCarthy's cup of tea. If true he must find a new club asap

David Hurford repped this.
  23. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Too much is made of McCarthy's style for me, he wants to get Dozzell playing but admits that he needs to be in a 3 rather than a 2 - and having watched all his Championship appearances for ITFC I'd tend to agree.

I think he'll play more in a forward midfield position initially until he can fully handly the physicality of the Championship - there are plenty of examples but just look at Izzy Brown's goal here and you'll see why he is going to struggle to play a deeper role in midfield in the Championship

24. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Then deep technical midfielders are not suited to the championship and he should move elsewhere. Same would have happened to Xavi, he shouldn't try to become a very physical player, Portugal u19 would beat many championship clubs IMO.

25. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    He isn't going to move elsewhere unless someone stumps up a lot of money. It is possible to still be a technically very good player whilst also becoming more physical - it is basically a requirement for English football