England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wickham get a goal each for their respective clubs too :)

3. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    8 games, 5 goals at Leyton Orient
    Should have been one of the U17 Euro champions

4. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Great news that Wickham, Kane, Afobe and AOC all started and got on the scoresheet.

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Two goals for Morrison. It will be interesting to see if he makes the U19 squad for the elite qualifiers. With Morrison it's always hard to tell if he will get picked because of the off field stuff.

6. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I would prefer that he is not picked, for now. Classy volley for the second goal.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    The games are still a while away so it's hard to say for sure but it's most likely he will not be picked atm. I'm not sure the venue has been confirmed yet either. If it's in England it would increase the chance of his involvement.

8. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Not involved = nice. The last thing you want for him is to have a great game in England colours and the resulting media praise getting to his head. Baby steps; let him stay out of trouble and media attention for a while.

9. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Well if you don't want the media attention he should pull out of the FA Youth Cup too. That gets more attention than elite qualifiers.

10. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Blake has a strong stance on Morrison. If he feels he is ready to be trusted then he will be selected. Blake will have seen this game today as it concerns a lot of his players.

Also, i'd imagine that Man U will have a say in the matter on whether he is ready to be allowed to join the U19s yet or not.

11. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Blake has picked quite an encouraging squad imo. The biggest name to be returning on the international scene is obviously Ravel Morrison :). Good to see Gardner back in the fold aswell. I didn't expect to see Baxter again, nice to see him back too. Here is the full squad:

Jose Baxter (Everton)
    Jack Butland (Birmingham City)
    Tom Carroll (Leyton Orient (on loan from Tottenham Hotspur))
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton)
    Ryan Fredericks (Tottenham Hotspur)
    Luke Garbutt (Everton)
    Gary Gardner (Aston Villa)
    James Hurst (West Bromwich Albion)
    Thomas Ince (Liverpool)
    Harry Kane (Letyton Orient (on loan from Tottenham Hotspur))
    Ravel Morrison (Manchester United)
    Jordan Obita (Reading)
    Jed Steer (Norwich City)
    George Taft (Leicester City)
    Tom Thorpe (Manchester United)
    Ryan Tunnicliffe (Manchester United)
    Andre Wisdom (Liverpool)
    Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)

http://www.thefa.com/England/mens-u19s/News/2011/squad-holland-170311

12. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    http://www.thefa.com/England/mens-u19s/News/Match Centre/2011/HollandvEngland/Previews/blake-squad

Good to hear that Barkley is coming to the end of his rehabilitation and is back running.

13. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I'm fine with the keepers and defence. Not sure about certain midfield options though.

Interesting to see a few players back from injury and Morrison must have got the OK from Man Utd.

14. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    What the ******** are they doing picking Ince again - he's hopeless.

It's only a friendly try out but nice to see Harry Kane in there.

15. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gary Gardner is the one to watch. Good to see him back.

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

17. Claret&BlueArmy

Claret&BlueArmy New Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Baker started at LB today rather then CB where Herd a central midfielder played. Baker was then substituted tactically 30 minutes in for reasons I don't know and was replaced by Delph.

That will do wonders for his confidence...

18. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    Watched a bit of that game, surprised Houllier didn't swap Herd and Baker as at least Herd has played as a fullback quite a lot albeit at rightback, while Baker is an out and out central defender. Needless to say Houllier really got an earful of it from the Villa fans and deservedly so, they were shocking.

Players being played out of position all over the place. What is happening to that club?

19. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Wow. I presumed he had started at centre back and picked up another knock or something.

20. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain picked up an ankle knock last night for Southampton. That might mean he pulls out for this friendly. Hopefully Blake's replacements are better than for the Germany game because I thought his changes were pretty shocking.

21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Billy Clifford is rumoured to have been called up. Will be his first call up for any England squad if so.

22. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    It's a shame Zeli Ismail hasn't had a look in with Blake yet.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Whatever happened to the U18 game in Italy? He could have played in that. I'm assuming that isn't going ahead now.

Blake possibly could also have dropped either of Obita or Ince and given someone else a chance considering those two already have a cap.

The only stand by players for this squad I know of are Deen-Conteh and Billy Clifford.

24. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    The U18s never get treated properly, just like the U20s. Although the U18s have a lot more significance now in comparison to recent years, as we have a lot of depth in the 92/93 players that need to be explored.