England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well yeah he's earned it with his stellar senior performances for Everton.

2. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    they've got league games up until then too. Considering the Tournament starts on the 20th in Korea, you'd presume they're meeting up at least a week before, it really wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't allowed to go. Add in Lookman and Calvert-Lewin, who i'm sceptical Koeman would release and the squad is decimated.

3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah I was thinking Celtic wouldn't be that cruel considering they have already won there league at a canter so maybe they will want to give there own youth a chance for the rest of the season rather than invest time in a player that will be back at City in the Summer. Hopefully City will have some say in this too and get him on the plane to Korea.

4. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It wouldn't be decimated. We got plenty of depth.

5. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    For what it's worth, the Daily Mail reported that Davies won't play for any England youth teams this summer. The Guardian quoted Koeman saying that he didn't think Davies was in the under-20 squad too, so it looks like it's under-21s or nothing, and most probably nothing.

6. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Predictable.

Maybe a chance of getting called up for the seniors against Scotland.

7. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    It would lead us to have to call up a fair number of players who haven't played before. Which i'd class as decimating the squad. Especially if we lost 3 players who have consistently started for us in our attack + Ejaria who is injured.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  8. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    True.

Not having Roberts would really dappen our chances because we look much tougher to stop.

9. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    The Toulon Tournament squad could be an interesting mix of U20 B and U19 A.

10. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  11. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Tough group, but gotta beat good teams to win it anyway, might as well start early.

12. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    And even tougher without Davies and TAA and could get harder with more withdrawals which I suspect will happen.

13. MKspot

MKspot Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Club:
    Milton Keynes Dons FC
    But England have to stop worrying about missing players if we have not got replacements at U19 level then there is still something seriously wrong with The DNA, the answer is we do , two players will be missed but do you think Germany think like this.. Basically they don't , they have depth and confidence. I am sure we will see what happens however , are we saying the clubs now think this will not help their development? are they finished articles ? only in England we get such backward thinking .. (Feel sorry for England setup on this one )Both lads would benefit from going and actually improve and learn.. What is there not to learn playing Germany and Holland .. Or is it a tour to the Middle East for those lads..

14. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    They do though, so does every other country if the boards on this forum are anything to go by.

15. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    In case anyone isn't following, Dasilva is starting his fourth consecutive game for Charton today. It may have taken him three months to get into the team, but perhaps this loan won't be a complete write-off after all.

16. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  17. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How Jacob Maddox isn't in this group is beyond me. Best player on the park in the FAYCF tonight, always turns up, and it's not like the central midfield options in this squad are plentiful.

18. MKspot

MKspot Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Club:
    Milton Keynes Dons FC
    no they don't that is the opinion of fans not coaches ..unless Germany have asked their coaches to comment in forums h..lol got to love the mentality key players will be missed but any decent team will replace quality with quality that is why they win tournaments plus the mentality is different on the continent .. I think we will do well in the tournent in playing a tough group plenty of lads can come in and do well reading the fans forums of course..lol

19. MKspot

MKspot Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Club:
    Milton Keynes Dons FC
  20. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    When the headline claim is "England's finest young centre back" I'm pretty sure they don't mean Andreas Christiansen.

21. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    plus a lot of it isn't us worrying, it's just us being annoyed we won't get to watch some players we really like.

MKspot repped this.
  22. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I personally think Reece Oxford is our best young center back, but Chalobah is getting there.

23. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    You were responding to the opinions of fans not coaches.

24. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Gomez for me, but I haven't seen him play since the injury so I don't know if he's lost anything. Really hope not.

By the way, is Oxford coming back from another minor injury or was he just dropped after the 7–1 defeat to Norwich? He's out of the Reading team again. Didn't even make the squad against Villa.

25. MKspot

MKspot Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Club:
    Milton Keynes Dons FC
    back with west ham did not work out.. you simply have to look long term with thier development they really don't need hype when learning.. as any mistake in defence is always picked upon.. they need more time.. to develop m keane is a good example even though italy do defenders best would not like to put pressure on a young 19 year old labelling them the best england have each player development and pathway is very different....