England U-18 Discussions Thread (2006 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Sep 21, 2013.

1. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Based on time of goal and subs (going off the Sweden website), I presume it's Saka?

Garibaldi11 and ChristianSur repped this.
  2. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Does look like him, yeah.

3. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Supposedly Appiah & Greenwood x 2 got the other assists.

4. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Pascal just looks really old in his face. I've seen his peers call him grandpa. I know he was released by City but I actually did wonder if there were concerns about his age.

kbarrett2316 repped this.
  5. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    there's a couple of players like that in the set up, including one who you hold close to your heart haha. There's some photos of Pascal with the other players from City who he went to school with in Manchester and he does look significantly more mature.

kbarrett2316 and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  6. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yeah I think you saw that on LTLF because his birth date is 1 Jan but he was born in Holland. He has had issues though with his passport on a couple of occassions and the most recent was u17 Euros when Arvin missed the first game. But I do think it is a bit of a non-issue on actual age though.

But yeah Pascal is a ledge. Glad to see him doing well at the Saints.

7. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Appiah was born in the Netherlands? Where was Kpohomouh born?

8. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yeah. Moved here when he was really young though and scouted at one of our associate local clubs at about u10/u11.

Not sure on Pascal but it seems he has Ghanian roots like Arvin. They will start trying to claim him soon because their local news releases are all over Arvin.

ChristianSur repped this.
  9. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Either way, AA is definitely in and around the right age range. Although it's probably unfair for me to even speculate on these things.

Portugal are having problems with it at the minute apparently, which could explain why some of their players seem to tail off significantly at times.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  10. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    If he was born in the Netherlands then it probably isn't a concern. I'm not aware that they have any history of age fraud.

11. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Thanks mate.

Did the switcheroo.

13. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I'm just thinking about how under the radar the potential is in this group. LAH best young keeper below 21s. Laird and Saka full-backs and Garner, Anjorin, Jones, Greenwood, Appiah is pretty damn awesome. Not forgetting Amaechi too.

Jenks repped this.
  14. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    these boys are playing the Czech's tonight at SGP. Not sure what time, maybe 7pm.

15. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Always knew Glatzel as a #10 but from the bits I have seen of him he has looked really smart as a false #9 this season. Considering this squad, it is a pity he wasn't called up.

16. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Good to see Glatzel with Liverpool's first team
    [​IMG]

17. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    1051904206897078272 is not a valid tweet id

pretty sure this is the team

18. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    1051934675780952064 is not a valid tweet id

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  19. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    John-Jules & Greenwood.

20. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  21. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Teamsheet from last night

Attached Files:

22. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    We've long said CBs , CM combinations and obviously defensive depth is what this group lacks.

They keep producing quality results because they have high quality players.

Something I found interesting is obviously the centre-mid positions with Jones/Appiah/Greenwood all capable of playing 10 and through the middle but they more attackers.

Can we get away with a midfield 2 of Garner and Anjorin ? Obviously Doyle/Mumba and others will push to add options but can those 2 be a partnership for this group ? Obviously no competitive u18 football and some players may go up to the 19s (even though stacked) but what do we think ? I think we can. From the bits of Anjorin I've seen I always thought here is a talent but very raw. Juni will say but if he pushes his game on his mobility and size could make it a good combination with Garner because more space could be afforded to Garner and even our attackers ?

23. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Hypothetically, I think Garner, Doyle, Anjorin, Jones, Mumba would be fine. In reality, others will emerge from this age group and the likes of Musah will be challenging for a spot if they're short (or maybe even if they're not short). Then as always, you never know which players will be pushed up the levels. I'd be surprised if Jones is available for them.

I think someone like Louis Sibley could get Derby minutes if they're not promoted this season. I'm also more bullish on Dixon-Bonner than most. His transition over the last couple of years hasn't been as smooth as some others because of his body type.

24. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I think you have a good mix of players there. I’m not sure which combination would work best though.

Doyle is just coming back from injury. I know he divides opinion a bit as does Anjorin.

Garner is a classy player but works well with plenty of movement ahead of him. Jones is a must starter for me.

Nice problems to have!

25. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Wonder if Greenwood will play for Man Utd u23s soon? Most Man Utd fans don’t rate Ricky Sbragia, but it’s still a better challenge for him than the u18s. There’s also the UEFA U19 Youth League which he’s doing well in.