England U-18 Discussions Thread (2006 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Sep 21, 2013.

1. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    The article mentions some players from our U17 winning squad are likely to be involved. It will be interesting if notable absentees like Rossiter or Crowley will be involved too. I would like to see that impressive Chelsea centre back Jake Clarke-Salter make the squad. he looked very impressive at the tail end of last season.

2. khoazany

khoazany Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Definitely want him in the squad.Looks a classy player from a bit I've seen of him.

3. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know he's definitely on England's radar.

4. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Crowley would be a good bet, too old for U17s and probably not quite physical enough for U19s yet.

5. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I only just realised Joe Gomes played at right back the other night (a standard enough tactic with young players). But as I posted on this forum the other week I could see him playing in that position for the seniors in a couple of years.

Link: The 17-year-old, who usually performs at centre-half, started as right-back for the Addicks against Colchester United at The Valley. And he looked assured throughout as his side progressed to the second round of the League Cup thanks to a 4-0 win.
    Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/d...ound-up-league-cup-120814#mIHjHuSRmSmMF5Lm.99

6. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Charlton fan at work said he was excellent, so good that he made playing out of position look easy.

7. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    3 players confirmed for the squad to play Holland - Dael Fry, Callum Cooke, Josh Sims

8. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Goalkeepers
    Sam Howes (West Ham United), Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United)

Defenders
    Jake Clarke-Salter (Chelsea), Callum Connolly (Everton), Mandela Egbo (Crystal Palace), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), Tafari Moore (Arsenal), Taylor Moore (Lens)

Midfielders
    Lewis Cook (Leeds United), Callum Cooke (Middlesbrough), Ryan Ledson (Everton), Josh Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Rossiter (Liverpool)

Forwards
    Adam Armstrong (Newcastle United), Demetri Mitchell (Manchester United), Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool), Josh Sims (Southampton), Dominic Solanke (Chelsea).

Read more at http://www.thefa.com//news/england/...s-champions-woodman-kenny#uVGDJeq4A3H0ap84.99

9. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Very similar to the squad for the Euro finals (as you might expect) with the welcome addition of Jake Clarke-Salter (Chelsea),

Rossiter selected again - but will he turn up.

But NO Crowley again.

No Gomez - but he might get an u19 call up now.

10. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    No Crowley or Roberts is interesting.

11. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We can only hope that Crowley is in the under-19's.

12. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Think Izzy Brown might be in for a 19s look too.

13. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Roberts is probably being moved up to the u19s - unless they think he's got enough on his plate at the moment.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Brown as well.

14. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Well the FA will have themselves to blame if they aren't including Crowley in either squads. Nice to see Rossiter brought back into the fold, lets see if he pulls out or not. Also good to see Clarke-Salter included.

15. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Roberts was subbed off at the weekend and is only the bench tonight...

16. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

The only reason I can think of him being left out of the U19's if it actually happens is that he is having second thoughts over his international future, because there is no way the FA would risk alienating a kid with his talent because we are not exactly producing creative players by the bucket load, especially attacking central midfielders.

17. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    That's what i'm afraid of, if there is some indecision with him regarding his international allegiance. Hopefully he will be with the U19s, both squads will have to be strong and he has played with the 96 born players before.

18. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He might well be - if only to keep him sweet and on board.

19. TRS-T

TRS-T Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    FAI have held positive talks with Dan Crowley

502778624924483584 is not a valid tweet id

20. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Interesting that he says there's little chance of him switching to Ireland youth teams. You'd have to think that means he wants to make his decision once he's ready for senior international football.

21. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't want to lose both of them to Ireland. And if I had to choose one, I'd keep Crowley.

22. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    “I don’t really know – I’m going to see what happens.
    “My grandparents are Irish. I played for Ireland and when I was Under-16 I went for trials with England and got in. I’m still young and I’d never rule anything out because you just don’t know what’s round the corner.”

“It’s a different life down in London – a lot different to Aston Villa. I’m playing for different coaches and with different players so I just have to get used to it.

“I don’t feel any pressure – I just play football. I’m good friends with Jack [Wilshere]. He is a good player to look up to."

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/a...ecision_between_england_and_ireland_1_3708120

His comments aren't particularly worrying. Sounds like he's just keeping his options open. I suspect that for both him and Grealish a first team spot with England is ideal, otherwise they'd have firmly declared for Ireland already.

23. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    His flip flopping explains his England absence, and maybe he thinks he has a better chance of making the grade with Ireland because with Edwards and Dhanda in the year group below his he might think the competition will be a little to stiff for him so he is considering the easier option

24. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What worries me is that he could genuinely be world class. We can't be losing a world class player. If goes on to be a good Premier League player it's bearable but if he does turn out world class then there's no way we can afford to lose him to Ireland.

25. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We should state our case to him and say how much we want him to stay within the set up etc etc but no more than that, because the FA should not go to any player and beg him to play for us no matter how good he might be in the future. Because i only WANT players who are 100% committed to the cause, and if he ends up doing that then great, but if he does not then some other kid will come along sooner or later and take his place IMO

itsonlymemate repped this.