England U-18 Discussions Thread (2006 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Sep 21, 2013.

1. MH10

MH10 Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is any games on tv or live-streamed?

2. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  3. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    I'm quite disappointed in the amount of games we seem to be playing against Qatar recently. It's tacitly supporting that oh so dodgy World Cup award and, if the Qatari FA pay for their youth teams to be given these opportunities, it doesn't help you occupy the moral high ground if it emerges anyone at FIFA or elsewhere has been accepting payments from them for more dodgy things...

Plus their sides are usually poor so don't provide much of a test for our youth sides.

4. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    really annoyed with the way england coaches, bar Cooper and Micciche before him, set up midfields. I know this is a meaningless game, but this tendency to play 2 no nonsense central midfielders has to stop (and I quite like Skipp), has never worked.

MH10 repped this.
  5. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    4-0 win, Walker with two, Poveda one, and an own goal.

W.A.S.P., JRSG and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  6. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Apparently Nathan Ferguson (WBA) + Kane Wilson (WBA) are two of the players on standby for this squad. Leko on standby for the U19s.

7. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I was wondering how many England fans would know these games are being shown. I'd send Freesports an appreciative Email, if I had their address to hand, to encourage them a tad to cover more youth games in the future.

8. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If you're on Twitter they're on @FreeSportsUK

9. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks for that, but I'm not on twitter. If those that are could give a quick encouraging message (if not already done so) it might help the cause.

(I intended to post about this on the u19 thread)

10. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  11. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
  12. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lol that goes without saying.

Qatar is probably desperate to get any kind of help talent wise and maybe FIFA will come up with some crazy rule to allow undecided English players to declare for dual-Qatari citizenship. I seriously hope when it comes time for the 2022 World Cup that they lose all three group games.

13. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Assuming 1-11 start, Guehi, McEachran and Hudson-Odoi are all in from the off against Argentina.

14. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Crellin, Sessegnon, Gibson, McEachran, Latibeaudiere (c), Guehi, Poveda, Gibbs-White, Loader, Hudson-Odoi, Wright.

Subs: Eyoma, Bursik, Skipp, Vokins, Denny, Wilson, Gallagher, Walker, Brynn.

15. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    2-1 win. Poveda and an OG. Argentina were a mixed team of 99s + some 00s.

16. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United

A few highlights of the U18s game (presumably just the 1st half) at the end of this video. Mainly Hudson-Odoi toying with their defence.

17. ArsenalYouth

ArsenalYouth Member

Apr 16, 2017
    London, England
    I think the most suited youngster in English football today is Ryan Sessegnon. For a second year scholar to have such a massive impact on first team football is remarkable!
    For the best in age groups up to U15...
    U19: Mason Mount, Brahim Diaz, Eddie Nketiah, Willock, Brereton
    U18: Brewster, Foden, Sessegnon, McEachran, Gomes, Sancho, Oakley-Boothe, Ian Carlo Poveda, Adam Lewis and R. Nelson
    U17: Panzo, Curtis Jones, Hudson-Odoi, Billy Gilmour, Taylor Richards, Amaechi, John-Jules
    U16: Tommy Doyle, Mason Greenwood, Bukayo Saka, Syl Jasper, Alfie Matthews, Ben Knight, Fabio Carvalho, Jeremy Sarmiento, Alex Mighten, Josh Martin, J-Neil Bennett, Noni Madueke, Henry Lawrence and Dynel Simeu
    U15: Kido Taylor, Karamoko, Miguel Azeez, Yunus Musah, Ben Elliott, Harvey Elliott, Jude Bellingham and Samuel Iling.
    These lot are the future of England!

MH10 repped this.
  18. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think Poveda will stay with England. It wasn't so long ago he was telling Colombian media he wanted to play for Colombia.

19. MH10

MH10 Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Any streams for today’s game?

20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    A change of heart maybe? Feels strange that the FA would pick someone that has publicly said he wants to play for someone else. Can't really see the point of picking him unless the FA are thinking they can try and persuade him that his long term future is with us.

21. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Not surprising that having not made the England U17s and accepted a Colombia call up, he'd been really positive about his Colombia future when interviewed by their media.

I don't think there's much to worry about. It'll only come to a head if they make an U20 WC and then after that if he's good enough for their seniors but isn't making any head way for us. Like a lot of these kids, if they have delays to their development from the ages 18-22, they not only ruin their chances of reaching their fullest potential but expectations are also dampened and it's how we lose them to other countries.

England need to be really aware of not ending up with 10/20 players like Zaha. Poveda is someone who may be in that category.

22. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Don't think he's ever made one of their squads, has he?

23. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    You must be right, for some reason I thought he'd had a call up to their U18s last year or something.

I can't see any updates on tonight's game at all. Completely under the radar.

24. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    England won 2-1, Hudson-Odoi with a goal and an assist.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  25. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Gallagher - Denny as CM : extremely negative on paper. U18 is not a very important age group but not impressed at all with Dewnsip choices so far.