England U-18 Discussions Thread (2006 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Sep 21, 2013.

1. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Sam Shashoua is on the bench tonight for Spurs.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Kind of disappointed he wasn't thrown on, especially when Spurs were coasting.

3. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Sky sources understand QPR have rejected a bid worth up to £3m from Everton for teenager Josh Bowler.
    He is a '99 born right winger, did anyone see him play?

4. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A bit. Smart forward who's been their best academy goalscorer for a coupla years. Not exceptionally quick or athletic, more the intelligent 9/10/wide forward hybrid type.

hussar repped this.
  5. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Thanks. Everton seems like the most active Premier League club in English youth football.

6. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  7. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  8. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
  9. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
  10. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Assume this thread is still for the 99s...

At ITFC, we have a small squad but one of the main men in pre season has been Flynn Downes who is a 99 central midfielder. Looks like he has come on leaps and bounds in pre season (https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town...ed-with-first-half-performance-despite-defeat)

Downes, 18, again caught the eye in midfield having signed a new three-year deal earlier in the week.

“You don’t have to be a rocket scientist or anybody clever or smart [to see why],” McCarthy enthused.

“He came back to pre-season and he was as fit as anybody and I said to [owner] Marcus [Evans], ‘Sign him up, get him on a long-term deal’. He’ll play in the first team, no question.”

In the early stages of the season? “We’ll see, I’ve got injured and sick midfield players. If he gets in the team, there’ll be a few worrying, because he’ll be hard to dislodge.”

While Downes may not be well-known to fans, McCarthy says he’s been around the first-team squad for a while.

“He’s not come from left field, he trained with us last year, as did Tristan Nydam,” he added. “Tristan’s not really had the run yet but I think he’ll impress everybody as well. He’s played on the left and he’s played at left-back and every time he comes in and he does well.

“Downesy, we knew what a good player he was, but he’s come back and he’s just even more so than he was. Every time he joined in training with us he was great, he just went in and nailed people and looked like one of the squad.

“He passes it forward, he’s not negative, he’s not just going backwards and square. He nicks it, he tackles people, he’s an all-round central midfield player for me, and he’s only going to get better.

“There’s been nobody better than him in pre-season. But it’s not Birmingham on Saturday 5th. But if I had to or wanted to play him, I’d have no worries about it and he would perform just the same for me.”

Downes’s chances of making his senior debut are increased by the number of other central midfielders who are currently sidelined due to illness or injury, including Emyr Huws.

“Calf/achilles and I don’t want to risk him to any sort of an injury,” the Blues boss continued. “Tom Adeyemi’s been poorly for about 10 days, Skusey’s just got that as well. Luke Hyam with his knee and Bish with his groin.”

Is he concerned the likes of Huws and Adeyemi in particular might not be ready for the start of the season? “Yes I am, Tom not having played, we’re only two weeks to the start, and Emyr is probably struggling. But I’d have no worries at all playing Flynn Downes. Skusey will be all right, Skusey’s poorly.

As noted above, we have a huge number of injuries - but have only given 24 squad numbers out this season (of which 3 are goalkeepers). Interestingly 3 are English CMs born in 1999 in Andre Dozzell, Tristan Nydam (Capped earlier this year) and Flynn Downes.

Could be plenty of opportunities for them at ITFC this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nydam break through at left back - and if they are playing regulary inthe Championship then international recognition is't usually too far behind

kbarrett2316 and IGSpur repped this.
  11. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Downes and Nydam both start in a midfield 3 away at Barnsley

Marcho Gamgee and hussar repped this.
  12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT 10AM

kbarrett2316 and ChristianSur repped this.
  13. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Is this for the 2000s?

14. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Good point.

I reckon it has to be. Squad preparing for WC or the back-up 2000s ?

15. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I don't know, but I'd be surprised if they were calling up two squads full of 2000s. Can't see why they would? So I'm guessing it'll be a WC warm-up squad, but we'll find out soon enough.

16. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    It is a Pre World Cup warm up squad so I put the list in the U17 WC thread also

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  17. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    England Under-18 squad to face Brazil & South Africa:

Curtis Anderson (Manchester City)
    Joseph Bursik (Stoke City)
    Billy Crellin (Fleetwood Town)

Timothy Eyoma (Tottenham Hotspur)
    Lewis Gibson (Everton)
    Joel Latibeaudiere (Manchester City)
    Steven Sessegnon (Fulham)
    Jake Vokins (Southampton)
    Marc Guehi (Chelsea)
    Jonathan Panzo (Chelsea)

Angel Gomes (Manchester United)
    Nya Kirby (Crystal Palace)
    Tashan Oakley-Boothe (Tottenham Hotspur)
    Oliver Skipp (Tottenham Hotspur)

Matt O’Riley (Fulham)
    Aidan Barlow (Manchester United)
    Phil Foden (Manchester City)
    George McEachran (Chelsea)

Emile Smith Rowe (Arsenal)
    Jadon Sancho (Manchester City)
    Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea)

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool),
    Danny Loader (Reading)

Jenks and kbarrett2316 repped this.
  18. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Of course.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    IMG_3509.PNG Has Oliver Skipp changed his nationality to El Salvador?

JRSG, IGSpur, kbarrett2316 and 2 others repped this.
  20. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I'm not aware that Jamie Bowden and Paris Maghoma have declared for Equatorial Guinea either.

21. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Throw back video of Rhian Brewster in 2012

22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  23. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    tbf, all of their Portuguese players are in there on merit. They just happen to be really good.

Nuno Santo has played Enobakhare quite a lot this year. The problem will be the general standard of the squad and playing in a promotion chasing side/side trying to stay up next year, rather than any anti-English player bias.

24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He should get chances at Wolves. Moving to Liverpool would be much more challenging to get game time at his age.

25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Ok, fair enough, I've not been following them that much due to lack of coverage in the Country I live in. I just occasionally check out there team line ups and seeing a lot of Portuguese so therefor I just presumed more of a bias especially since the coach is Portuguese but they do seem to be doing well but that's why I asked as wasn't sure.