England U-18 Discussions Thread (2006 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Balcombe, James, Tymon, Diallo, Feeney, Tanganga, Leko, Embleton, Nketiah, Dozzell, Nelson.

Morgan Feeney got the other goal.

BarryfromEastenders and itfcjoe repped this.
  2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

3. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    George Hirst scored the other goal.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  4. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    [​IMG]

1. Turner
    2. Tanner
    3. Bola
    4. McGuane
    5. James
    6. Tanganga
    7. Leko
    8. Nydam
    9. Hirst
    10. Uwakwe
    11. Shashoua

I think.

5. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  6. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #731 Garibaldi11, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Moving forward it would be nice to get Callum Slattery and Niall Ennis back involved in this squad.

Interesting but on selection ; Sadou Diallo & Samuel Shashoua couldn't start their clubs last FA Youth Cup games. And they didn't make it off the bench and are u18.

hussar repped this.
  7. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Beat Qatar 4-0 today. Nketiah hat trick and the 4th from Tanner. Team was:

[​IMG]

8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    So, am I right in thinking this age group will be representing us at the Toulon Tournament this year plus maybe a few other additions?

9. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's not a bad idea. Plenty of the other teams treat it in a same way by just playing U19-U18 players when it's a U21 tournament.

10. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The FA already said that this year's Toulon age cutoff is 1/1/97; whether that's something they're choosing to do or whether it's an actual shift by the competition organisers isn't clear, but that's what they've said.

11. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Paul Simpson talking about the last England U20 squad: “We’re limited to taking 22 players in this competition and I have a list of 48 names who could all come in. So it’s been a really tough task to stick on 22, but I’ve said to those not involved for now that they need to keep working and push their way back in.”

The '97s have good depth and a lot of talented players won't make the cut for the U20 World Cup, the FA probably signed up to a second U20 tournament this summer with that in mind. Some younger players will probably come in for Toulon but no way will they be the whole squad. The stand out '99s will be used to strengthen the '98s, as we've already seen.

12. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Chelsea have confirmed 18-year-old attacking midfielder Mason Mount has signed a new four-year deal at Stamford Bridge. (Daily Star)

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Anyone know what happened to Leko this season? He played quite a bit for WBA last season and actually looked good and showed a lot of potential I thought but this season I've only seen him on the bench and not getting on or not on the bench at all. I just come to the conclusion that's he probably to skillful and technical for a Pulis team.

14. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    He's played a bit here and there. On his last appearance he made a mistake which lead to a goal so he's been Pulised into oblivion for the time being.

15. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  16. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  17. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Vieira's an interesting inclusion after he said that Portugal would always be his first choice.

I must be honest - there are three players there that I've never even heard of. The rest looks alright though.

18. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    20 players: 5 from '97, 3 from '98, 12 from '99

David Brooks was called up to the Wales squad for this tournament and pulled out when he found out England wanted him. He seems like an odd call up but they must see something in him. Still no Dan Crowley to be seen anywhere.

ChristianSur repped this.
  19. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Brooks scored a dozen goals for Sheff Utd U23 this season, he was released by Man City as a scholar but has come along quite well since then and, in this sort of squad, is worth a shot.

Who else have people not heard of? Let's talk about some of the new faces in the squad, always a good thing. Very pleased to see Dan Kemp get a first call-up since U15 training camps I think.

kbarrett2316 and ChristianSur repped this.
  20. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    For me it was Brooks, Barnes, and Schofield, although I feel like I might have seen Schofield's name before. Any opinions on the last two?

21. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
  22. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Barnes is an attacking midfielder from Leicester, always good for a few goals each season, went to MK Dons for the second half of the season and got rave reviews. Scores the last goal here, other highlights on their channel.

Schofield is a goalkeeper at Huddersfield who spent the last coupla months at FC United on loan. Good size, fundamentals, well-coached, England have a dearth of actual goalkeepers so anyone with those will get a long look.

ChristianSur repped this.
  23. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Matt Cash from Forest is a player i'm a little disappointed not to see involved. Obviously there's been a lot of juggling with trying to keep it mainly u18 and allowing for older players so I do understand people will miss out. I just would like to see him brought into the England set up at some point, as i'm not sure if he's ever been involved so far and I think there's a hell of a lot to like about him.

Crowley and Kasey Palmer are another two who probably won't make any squad. Anyone else people like that look unlikely to feature this summer? Is pretty cool to see 100 players from 16-23 getting tournament football in the same summer.

24. BC11

BC11 Member

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  25. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Harvey Barnes spent the second part of the season on loan at MK Dons from Leicester, and scored a lot from midfield. His inclusion is a good thing, but there are some other players from the 97 age group who would have been a better choice than some of the younger players.