England U-18 Discussions Thread (2006 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Sep 21, 2013.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

2. BC11

BC11 Member

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Weird that Tanganga often plays RB for England, don't think he's ever played there for Spurs.

3. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Not the 18s but he made his u21 debut at RB and got an assist. Also I'm fairly sure the few other u21/23 appearances he made were at RB. He has even played LB once. But of course prefer him CB

4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

5. BC11

BC11 Member

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Which game was that? iirc Walker-Peters played every game at RB last season?

6. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He made his debut at fullback against Schalke, which I ,issed Got an assist from a cross. The fact I know he is right footed and KWP played LB I assumed he played RB, but looking back official site has him down as LB that match.

He also came on at LB against Soton at u21s. Either way you may be right, can't find anything that says he definitely played RB for us at u21s.

But I think I remember him playing RB against Rotherham in FAYC,

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

8. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Mount must have been a late call-up?

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  9. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Josh Tymon starts for Hull City.

itsonlymemate and hussar repped this.
  11. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Callum Slattery played against a Chelsea u23 side last night (with a number of first team players in it) losing 3-2 after a couple of late goals swung it for Chelsea. I wonder if he'll get called back into the England set up before long. He's never been an athletic looking player but would appear to be fit now. Mason Mount started for Chelsea and Sterling came on for the last 20 minutes, looking again like a future first teamer with his pacey runs down the flank, putting in a number of good crosses. (Not a good night for Solanke though, with a number of chances, he couldn't put any away, with the first team manager looking on).

12. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    George Hirst made his first team debut for the Owls against Reading today.

13. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Manchester United are preparing a seven-figure offer for Nottingham Forest striker Ben Brereton, according to reports.

Would be better for him staying with Forest I guess...

14. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Andre Dozzell started back to back games for ITFC, against Wigan and Fulham - didn't overly impress.

Came on as a sub against Bristol City and swung the game in our favour. Looked absolute class:

But the Blues manager saved most of his praise for 17-year-old Dozzell, who put in his most impressive performance for the first team so far having come off the bench in the 72nd minute.

“Andre Dozzell came on and gave a masterclass, he had his laser working tonight, didn’t he?,” McCarthy enthused.

“The first question I’ll get asked is ‘Why don’t you play him from the start?’. Because it’s all turgid and horrible and he gets smashed around and he has to chase back, but when it opens up [as it did in tonight’s game] you can see his wonderful passing range.

“Some of his passes were just sublime. We know we’ve got a player, it’s just the games he can play in. And he’s playing in a three, not in a two, he was good.”

- See more at: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...-and-dozzell-masterclass#sthash.QE42pzoh.dpuf

15. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Dozzell has now started 4 of the last 6 for ITFC, with 1 sub appearance in there too as Mick McCarthy under pressure from fans tries to play a more expansive style of football.

A good chance that he will start live on BBC tomorrow as we face Lincoln in the FA Cup, with Ben Morris likely to be on the bench - although he is yet to make his first team bow.

Also likely to start Josh Emmanuel (97) who has generally impressed in his dozen or so first team games and Myles Kenlock (96) who was well on his way to displacing full Danish international Jonas Knudsen (Age 24) at left back before picking up a knock at QPR. He had started the previous 2 games ahead of Knudsen.

Also likely to see the impressive Adam Webster who played for the 18s and 19s and is destined for the PL in the next 18 months or so.

hussar and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  16. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Thanks for that! However did we lose Teddy Bishop?

17. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    He just hasn't been able to stay fit, and when he has played hasn't looked up to previous good form due presumably to rustiness.

He did his hamstring 4 times last season, every time he looked to come back had a breakdown and the club diagnosed an underlying problem which was then sorted.

He then played a bit this year then broke his nose when on end of awful tackle, got back for the following game and then re-broke his nose in training which lead to a couple of weeks out.

He then twisted his ankle in training on the 12/12 and was due to be out for a couple of weeks but it is now pencilled in for early February.

A very frustrating 18 months.....

hussar repped this.
  18. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Thanks. Would be great to see a Bishop, Dozzell midfield in the near future.

19. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Sounds like he can't catch a break, very unfortunate

20. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Without wishing to totally take over this thread - bit more on Dozzell here from McCarthy:

McCarthy is pleased with the way the 3-5-2 system has worked out, having started in that system at QPR before switching at half-time and then moving back to it again for Saturday’s 3-2 victory over Blackburn Rovers.

“There are upsides to it, there are downsides to it, but if you win there are no downsides to it," he said.

“There are in terms of how things can affect you on the pitch but if you win games playing it, it doesn’t really matter. It enables us to get Dozzer [Andre Dozzell] in the team, it’s difficult for him in a 4-4-2.

“Physically it’s very demanding, you’ve got to get up and down, you’re man for man. He’s better when he’s got a bit more freedom, and it suits us more.

“He’s got a bit more freedom to do the things that he’s exceptionally good at, which is getting it and passing it, and he doesn’t have the responsibility of doing the things he’s still learning to do.

“He’ll pick that up and having company in there, a couple of them, we benefit from that.”

McCarthy says Dozzell has improved as a player since making his senior debut at the end of 2015/16.

“He wouldn’t be playing if he hadn’t learnt anything from the start of the season,” he said. “I know he got in and he scored at Sheffield Wednesday, but he’s made huge leaps and strides forward when he’s training with us and with his strength and conditioning, the work he does in the gym with [fitness coach] Andy Liddell.”

- See more at: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...nt-performance-from-town#sthash.jNihYuAa.dpuf

21. zanyk

zanyk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not sure if he's anywhere near good enough but Danny Butterworth scored 1 assisted 1 on his first Blackburn U23s start yesterday in a 2-0 win vs. Brighton.

22. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  24. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I gave Butterworth a mention on here last season, when, on his u18 debut, he scored 3 really well taken goals against Chelsea. Not sure how good he is (released by Man U I gather) but he doesn't exactly look the part physically. I've seen him since and he didn't get much of a look in, as I recall.

25. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Josh Tymon starting for Hull against Man United tonight.

Apparently they still haven't sorted him out a pro deal there, well run club that they are.