England U-17 Discussions Thread #3 (2007 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by england66, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nm, found it already.

Trafford, Wood-Gordon, Walcott, Harwood-Bellis, Cirkin, Weir, Madueke, Azeez (c), Rogers, Elliott, Greenwood

brettspurs and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  2. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

3. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    I do wonder how much of a benefit being seeded is in this competition, the under 19's are difficult to qualify for so it is there, but it seems to me it just reduces the amount of competitive games and also means we take longer to lock down a steady starting 11 seeing as we're pretty changeable in friendlies.

I'm also surprised there's not been much more made of Joe Hodge switching to Ireland, I always thought he was one of this groups better prospects. In general central midfield is the one position we need to produce more of throughout the age groups so any loss there is more problematic.

4. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I agree on both points. Very curious at to what prompted the switch. He’s rated highly by shrewd judges, so you’d hope that we try to get him ‘back.’

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Firstly it’s not a decision of much true worth until he plays a competitive game. As far as I am aware he has never rejected or chosen another nation over England yet either.

Like you said in the other part of your post about lacking competitive games. This means we don’t have a settled squad and more experimentation is happening. So when certain players aren’t picked in squads they go and play elsewhere.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  6. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    He's not gonna challenge this squad anytime soon, but Kion Etete is a pretty interesting prospect. He's at Notts County and he's built a bit like Tammy Abraham or Michael Ngoo, except he's less well proportioned. He's probably 6'2-6'4 but he's about 5'11 of legs. Really skinny but he finishes well and opens up gaps when through on goal despite not looking like he's going that quick.

Already made his County debut in the League, FA Cup + EFL Trophy, but I don't think they're going to rush him too quickly.

7. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Alongside Hodge, I hope the door is still open with Fiorini. Does a bit of everything in midfield, very good.

Marcho Gamgee and Mark Fiorini repped this.
  8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Elite round draw

England
    Denmark
    Croatia
    Switzerland

All potentially tough games but it’s the kind of good opposition you want.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  9. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've kinda be away a lot due to just being busy and more involved with other things, so I'm not as caught up like usual.

Would anyone be kind enough to name the top players from our U17 group in their own opinion? It seems like we have a bigger depth of talent than the 2001's if I'm not mistaken.

10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    hussar, Marcho Gamgee and TopBanana10 repped this.
  11. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I’d go with Elliott, Rogers, Greenwood, Knight, Musah and Harwood-Bellis.

12. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    I really like this deep position Gomes is playing atm. Not completely sharp today being just back from injury but always available to receive. I noticed that a lot of young english CM are taught to pass it and then run forward which drives me slightly insane. Saw it with TOB but also with Skipp lately, which wasn't originally their natural tendency. Some players are better deep and should stay there to dictate instead of trying to play like Ramsey.

13. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    wrong thread sorry, wanted to write that in the u19

14. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Harvey Elliott's quality is standing out tonight. Won the corner for Fulham's first goal with a great first touch from a cross field pass and then created Fulham's second goal with a pass that not many players would even see - let alone pull off. All that whilst feeding off scraps - really impressive for a 15 year old.

David Hurford and sharpovic repped this.
  15. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United

With this tournament so close to the March Qualifiers, you wonder what type of squad we'll bring. Especially as i'm sure there's clashes with FA Youth Cup games that people will be involved in.

16. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Morgan Rogers scored 4 goals in a under 23 6-2 win for West Brom. Also hit the bar from a free kick. Doesn't turn 17 till end of July either.

He looks a massive prospect, his long range shooting is absolutely outstanding, excellent dribbling ability, moves the ball quickly and efficiently, also got a great physical build.

Jenks, TopBanana10 and David Hurford repped this.
  17. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sam Greenwood, Lewis Bate and Harvey Elliott in for the Pinatar squad.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  18. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Shame Madueke is injured as he seems to have created a bit of a show reel at PSV

19. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Dynel Simeu and Yunus Musah also in.

20. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nathan Wood-Gordon and Tino Livramento too.

21. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  22. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    #6672 JRSG, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    That's Rochdale's Luke Matheson on the right.

Louie Moulden

Dynal Simeu
    Tino Livramento
    Nathan Wood
    Haydon Roberts

Lewis Bate
    Teddy Janks
    Yunus Musah
    Luke Matheson

Sam Greenwood
    Harvey Elliot

Absent
    Taylor Harwood-Bellis (on the bench for City U23s today)
    Armstrong Okoflex (trained with Celtic's first team today, so did Karamoko)

23. AZChas

AZChas Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Brighton & Hove Albion FC
    I believe Brighton and Hove Albion's Haydon Roberts and Ted Jenks are in the squad.

24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Jenson Weir and Joe Gelhardt are also there

25. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club: